Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Bears

Red, you crack me up. Your description of Muskrat Lukie was priceless.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I think Musgrave might be doing some footwork drills this week. MLF did say he cramped up on the one he caught.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jordan Love played good. I'm pleasantly surprised by his poise.
    His stats weren't great and benefitted from a couple of big chunk plays, but he didn't turn the ball over and was absolutely CLUTCH on 3rd and 4th down. The offense looked stagnant at times but they converted 3rd downs at a very good clip.

I thought GB won this game where they needed to - in the trenches and the run game. The OL protected Love well (the Bears pass rush is not good, and I don't recall them blitzing at all -- weird) and the RBs were able to at least be a concern, on the flip side the defense mostly bottled up the running game, and menaced the CHI OL. Their OL was pretty bad last year and they brought in Nate Davis (a decent RG) and drafted Wright and the line was still leaky for Fields. Fields was under a pretty good amount of pressure and I think as the game went on it got to him.

Concerned about the injuries to some players - Reed, Walker, especially Jones. Bakhtiari got up slow after one play. Hopefully Doubs didn't do anything to the hamstrings and Watson comes back. Injuries happen, but this a different team without Aaron Jones.

Shout out to Anders Carlson for burying all his kicks, and Whelan for playing well too.

Dontayvion Wicks had a bit of a rough game. This is a very young team and there are going to be a lot of growing pains. A win vs. Bears in Week 1 that shuts up some of the offseason smack talkers is pretty satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I think Musgrave might be doing some footwork drills this week. MLF did say he cramped up on the one he caught.
    On that broken play with the long reception he was backpedaling and it looked awkward. I'm not surprised but I am a little disappointed he fell. It was still a big play in the game and they scored.
    (Hooray for improved RZ play!)

Reed and Doubs can be even better when they have Christian Watson's speed clearing things out.

Reed and Doubs can be even better when they have Christian Watson's speed clearing things out.
    I just watched some highlights, and one shout-out must go to Daniel Whelan for pulling down a very high snap on Carlson’s FG attempt, and getting the ball down quickly enough and well enough for Carlson to drill it. Don’t know how Whelan punted, but that was a good hold for Carlson. How did he punt?

And Tex - didja see Myers’s garbage snap to Love on that weird play that went to Muskrat Lukie?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Gute has to be feeling pretty good. We got a second round pick and a pick most likely somewhere between 15 and 45 next year. His guy is playing well at QB. The salary cap fixes itself in the next year or two. He went from a guy who might be losing his job real fast to a guy who might be pretty secure if things keep falling right.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I just watched some highlights, and one shout-out must go to Daniel Whelan for pulling down a very high snap on Carlson’s FG attempt, and getting the ball down quickly enough and well enough for Carlson to drill it. Don’t know how Whelan punted, but that was a good hold for Carlson. How did he punt?

And Tex - didja see Myers’s garbage snap to Love on that weird play that went to Muskrat Lukie?
    He punted well. Nice hang time. Deep kicks. When he tries to hit them shorter on short fields he doesn’t seem as refined. But his deep punts were much better than what we’re used to. One was a bomb.

GB had 4 pass plays of 30 yards or more. CHI's longest was 23. Justin Fields threw 37 times. That's not a recipe for success for CHI.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Go back and watch his college tape and his preseason. Musgrave falls over all the time. His balance is an issue and it's possible that it always will. He has great speed for his size and has at least competed, so there's hope for him.
    Van Ness looked ok, I think he doesn't have a plan on the pass rush but he can run.
    Jimmy Graham too. But when you get a tight end who can run like that, it’s a threat. When they’re in their prime at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Not sure it was his fault, and the other one was to Clifford when the game was already won. I still say he's a damn good Center.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I would immediately fire anyone who walked into my office in a professional position wearing that tie. That looks like something 7th grade boy wrestlers would wear when they had to dress up for something instead of wearing sweatpants.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

9 penalties for 90 yards - MLF will have to get that cleaned up, or whatever the cliche is.
    That's not going to fly against most teams.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I would immediately fire anyone who walked into my office in a professional position wearing that tie. That looks like something 7th grade boy wrestlers would wear when they had to dress up for something instead of wearing sweatpants.
    Great line, King!

JLove looked really good in the single drive I saw. I think we might have another one here boys.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    IF - not when. Doubs and Reed can be even better if Christine Watson ever sheds her metrosexual milksop reputation.

Christine Watson is softer than a gay guy in a brothel full of women; more injury-prone than an overworked, 40 year old burger flipper; more fragile than a motherless polar bear cub; less dependable than a father who deserted his offspring. And, oh, Watson has a bigger vag than the Claymaker.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Jordan Love pass chart. Not surprisingly, looks nothing like Butte. And when he goes deep down sideline. almost always to the left. Not sure if that's dictated by defensive alignment, or if it's a preference.

Great to see us win.
    However

1)the bears were the worst team in the league in 2022 so what did we learn.
    2)those 5 (I think) drops will kill us vs good teams.
    3) how is Jones hammy?
    However
    1) Musgrave holy crap!
    2)oline still great
    3)young d played great
    4)love was great. Didn't dink and dunk and at least 80% of his balls were quality. He converted all 3 red zone passes!

I like our o. What does our d do against an NFL offense?
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Besides some overthrows, the other things i saw from Love-

- get out of huddles faster
    - learn how to live for the next play/game. We all like that when running he’d make the attempt for a 1st down but he has to realize that those types of plays over the long term aren’t worth it for qb1.