Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Bears

Pro comparisons I remember seeing for Doubs were Gallup, Quintez Cephus, and Zay Jones.

Hoping for more Gallup.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Pro comparisons I remember seeing for Doubs were Gallup, Quintez Cephus, and Zay Jones.

Hoping for more Gallup.
    Zay Jones?? I don't see that at all.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Honestly none of them really ring true for me. But that's what I read after the draft last year.

It could just be because he wears 87, but he reminds me of Brooks but just not as fast.

I just love the way he finds the hole in the zone, and uses his body to shield defenders. Thats Michael Thomas stuff. Thomas is a chain mover when healthy.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Curious what you mean by the last 2 years have sucked? We went 13-4 in 2021. Wasn’t that tackling actually really solid this game? Lots of short throws where we tackled the receiver for short gains.
    Pack has lost the season opener the past two years.

Some of the tackling was horrible. It did get better, but there were a lot of misses, especially in the 1st half of the game.

Justin Fields in the first three quarters:

15-19, 154 yards, 1 TD: 118.0 Passer Rating

Justin Fields from the start of the 4th quarter until the on-side attempt:

6-13, 35 yards, 1 INT (pick-6): 21.0 Passer Rating

Last drive (true garbage time):

3-5, 27 yards

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Normally I disagree with Tex when he rants about media types being know-nothing shits, but he might have a point:
    Damn right. Actually, that's among the lesser bad things I have to say about those ignorant shitheads.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Aren't most of those guys either former players or coaches?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Romeo Doubs was tracked at 21.5 mph on gps. He’s fast. He hasn’t had a lot of deep opportunities, but I think they’ll come.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I didn't/don't even watch these guys. I was just generalizing about media pukes in general - which these guys may or may not be.

I'm just enjoying watching the whiny piss ants crying about Rodgers and the Jets tonight. It's been a GREAT first week!
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I didn't/don't even watch these guys. I was just generalizing about media pukes in general - which these guys may or may not be.

I'm just enjoying watching the whiny piss ants crying about Rodgers and the Jets tonight. It's been a GREAT first week!
    On anither note, Troy
    Aikman is kinda dogging Nathaniel Hackett.

This is fun!

As long as Rodgers plays the requisite number of snaps for the Pack to get that first-rounder and the Jest suck really badly. it IS all good.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

On anither note, Troy
    Aikman is kinda dogging Nathaniel Hackett.

This is fun!

As long as Rodgers plays the requisite number of snaps for the Pack to get that first-rounder and the Jest suck really badly. it IS all good.
    They might suck really badly, at least.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

You have Rich Eisen, who's never broke a 5.9 forty
    Steve Mariucci, former Packers QB coach
    Kurt Warner, parlayed being a Packers camp body into the Iowa Barnstormers Hall of Fame
    Gerald McCoy, no touchdowns in 10 seasons
    And Michael Irvin, who was only successful with the Cowboys.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Michael Irvin was really annoying to watch with Dallas. He was good enough to hurt you on D, but the way he would crouch down in the awkward dragon pose after a first down and then kinda wipe his ass with the ball was always disturbing and came off as trashy to me.

Plus he would winge and moan and cry to the Zebras for a flag literally every single time a defensive back was remotely physical with him.

If I had to name just one player that I wish had never played football, I'd be very tempted to pick Irvin.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    If I had to name just one player that I wish had never played football, I'd be very tempted to pick Irvin.
    I don't like visiting this side of myself, but Erik Williams by a country mile. He crushed Jurko's knee from behind after the play and laughed about it.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Hey, I did not get to watch the game. How did TJ Slaton look?

KYPack

Hey, I did not get to watch the game. How did TJ Slaton look?
    I didn't think he was particularly noticeable one way or the other. Bears RB's didn't have a much success running the ball consistently, (19-66) so he seemed to his job. The Packers d-line was running a lot of stunts, so maybe he was the stay at home guy. He was out there on 54% of snaps. He assisted on 1 tackle.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think Slaton led the DL in snaps technically, played fairly stout, nothing too horrible either way. CHI normally has a pretty good running game -- they've carved up GB before -- so bottling up the RBs is a good sign. Roschon Johnson gave them some life; I think he's going to be good. Justin Fields' scrambles boosted their overall numbers. Khalil Herbert is a good back and he had a tough time against the GB front. Really glad to see that.

Liked all the stunts they ran; wonder if they can keep that up. It was pretty disruptive.

ATL has a better OL but Desmond Ridder might not be good. That running game though. Will be another good road test for the DL. Chris Lindstrom and Kaleb McGary are probably better than any OL CHI has.

Per ESPN, Chicago only generated six pressures on Love. The Packers quarterback was blitzed on 16.7% of his dropbacks.

Green Bay generated thirty six pressures on Fields.

J.T. O'Sullivan goes over in some detail Jordan Love's day. Great stuff if you have about 25 minutes.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen