Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Bears

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    On anither note, Troy
    Aikman is kinda dogging Nathaniel Hackett.

This is fun!

As long as Rodgers plays the requisite number of snaps for the Pack to get that first-rounder and the Jest suck really badly. it IS all good.
    I would like everyone to forget all the things I'm wrong about and point out that I've been dogging Nathaniel Hackett since he was the OC of the Jaguars.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    J.T. O'Sullivan goes over in some detail Jordan Love's day. Great stuff if you have about 25 minutes.

Good watch. Everything I learned about quarterbacking, I learned from ole JT, a Mike Sherman acquisition.

On the 1st Love-Doubs TD, rookie “John” Wicks beat a pistol force coverage and was WIDE in the corner of the endzone. But we ain’t playing Madden, so Love trusted his progression and opted for Doubs instead. The best part bout Love is, while he’s still a diamond in the rough, he ain’t look anything like Hundley or Kizer.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Good watch. Everything I learned about quarterbacking, I learned from ole JT, a Mike Sherman acquisition.

On the 1st Love-Doubs TD, rookie “John” Wicks beat a pistol force coverage and was WIDE in the corner of the endzone. But we ain’t playing Madden, so Love trusted his progression and opted for Doubs instead. The best part bout Love is, while he’s still a diamond in the rough, he ain’t look anything like Hundley or Kizer.
    You've learned, but not that much. Pistol force is NOT a pass coverage. Give it up. Watch JT's videos, you may learn the game someday.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    You've learned, but not that much. Pistol force is NOT a pass coverage. Give it up. Watch JT's videos, you may learn the game someday.
    I once asked Nutz about the pistol force and he simply gave me a blink stare. If Nutz, a career high school football coach, ain’t got a clue about the Pistol Force, then who does?

I once asked Nutz about the pistol force and he simply gave me a blink stare. If Nutz, a career high school football coach, ain’t got a clue about the Pistol Force, then who does?
    Mebb it was a blank stare because he couldn't believe you'd think what you did.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

His video on Fields game is an interesting contrast. Fields did not have anticipation, would not throw to open receivers downfield and didn't keep his eyes downfield when things started to break down. On the other hand there were a number of of WTF play schemes and some really incompetent blocking on several plays.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Btw, Kentucky, I actually thought of you while watching the highlight of 82 of the Jesters returning a walk-off punt-6 against the Bills on Monday. Did you see the Bill punter’s pathetic attempt at tackling 82? Shades of JK Scott, eh?

Proof that the PFF grading system is bullshit:
    https://www.pff.com/nfl/grades/position/qb
    I don't have the full breakdown of their scoring, but the fact that they have Fields at #7 and Love at #19 means their system is useless.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries

Thousands of people. It's just not common terminology.

That blank stare is the same one all kinds of people give you.

Learn to get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    I don't have the full breakdown of their scoring, but the fact that they have Fields at #7 and Love at #19 means their system is useless.
    PFF probably employs a bunch of math nerds like Bobble who ain’t ever played a down of football. Some of us actually shut down Darren Charles in a game while Bobbles stares at a chalk board full of numbers and figures, wasting time solving unsolvable mathematical equations.

Justin Fields is actually ranked 18th, Love 19th.
    Still doesn't make sense to me. Love missed some throws and certainly wasn't perfect, but he didn't fumble or throw a bad pick-6 either. I'd also say more of Love's throws went farther than 5 yards beyond the LOS - Field threw a lot of screens and checks into the flat.

One area Fields had Love beat was scrambling. He had some pretty impressive runs where GB defenders just couldn't get their hands on him. Dude is elusive. Still think Love outplayed Fields, and so do most people who watched the game.

A lot of good points about the unreliability of PFF - going against common sense and observability. Some people seeing it now with Love, though, maybe have been a little bit blind to it in the context of other positions.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Meh. It has flaws. Like rewarding a QB for missing 2 open guys then scramble for 20 yards. But its not horrible. Did they grade myers -25.6? If so then they aren't all bad.

PFF probably employs a bunch of math nerds like Bobble who ain’t ever played a down of football. Some of us actually shut down Darren Charles in a game while Bobbles stares at a chalk board full of numbers and figures, wasting time solving unsolvable mathematical equations.
    You are incorrect sir.....as a general statement and specific.

Starting to look like the Bears are imploding to me.

Justin Fields' body language and presser speaking volumes. It's like Eberflus (and esp. Getsy) lost this team when they lost to GB.
    They'll have 2 top 5 picks, probably including the #1 pick next year.

Probably a new HC and GM too.

Yeah, it's an early take 2 weeks in, but they travel to play KC now and I don't see them winning. Mentally it looks like they are already circling the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Starting to look like the Bears are imploding to me.

Justin Fields' body language and presser speaking volumes. It's like Eberflus (and esp. Getsy) lost this team when they lost to GB.
    They'll have 2 top 5 picks, probably including the #1 pick next year.

Probably a new HC and GM too.

Yeah, it's an early take 2 weeks in, but they travel to play KC now and I don't see them winning. Mentally it looks like they are already circling the drain.
    Their DC just resigned.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Their DC just resigned.
    His home was apparently raided by the FBI. Now the Bears compound was raided by the FBI. Something big is going on.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Their DC just resigned.
    Rumors that the FBI raided his house and Halas Hall recently has led to his departure.

Even for the Bears, this is an impressively bad start to a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Rumors that the FBI raided his house and Halas Hall recently has led to his departure.

Even for the Bears, this is an impressively bad start to a season.
    I've been having a rough day today, Sparkey, thinking about my wife, missing her, but this honestly made me laugh out loud. Thanks for that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    His home was apparently raided by the FBI. Now the Bears compound was raided by the FBI. Something big is going on.
    Both rumors have been debunked. Allegedly.