Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Falcons

More Banjo - Packers vs Falcons

Jordan Love - 151 yards 3 TD's.

Jayden Reed - 4 catches, 2 TD's

Falcons ran 45 times for 211 yards.

Defense had 1 INT, could have had 3 more.

Falcons had 3 scoring drives in 4th quarter. Packers had 0 1st downs.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Brutal.
    C.H.U.D.

Gonna be that kind of year. A team this young is going to lose some close ones. And win some. And people who think Packers lost to a terrible team are wrong. Falcons might win that division.

By now, we should know what our defense gives us. Running teams kill us. Our secondary has breakdowns in coverage at inopportune times.

We'll be ranked somewhere between 12 and 17 in team defense at the end of the year. We'll go as far as our offense takes us.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Brutal.
    Much like Butte time and time again in 08, Love choked in the clutch. Doubs was WIDE open!

But I would not call a 1 point loss “brutal.” There’s reasons to be optimistic. For starter, Watson needs to grow a pair and suit up - he’s the only legitimate bomb threat on the team. Probably should stack Heath on the practice squad and promote Milton, who ran a 4.3 40.

Then again, Love can’t throw bombs worth a fuck. So, maybe, tanking for Sheduer Sanders might not be a bad idea.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Gonna be that kind of year. A team this young is going to lose some close ones. And win some. And people who think Packers lost to a terrible team are wrong. Falcons might win that division.
    I agree. The Packers didn’t lose to a bad team. The Falcons are trending upward. The Packers, minus a ton of guys, went toe to toe with them. Barry has to go. His schemes are just not worthy of a top tier NFL defense. There is no reason to keep a guy like that. MLF deserves criticism for that.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    By now, we should know what our defense gives us. Running teams kill us. Our secondary has breakdowns in coverage at inopportune times.

We'll be ranked somewhere between 12 and 17 in team defense at the end of the year. We'll go as far as our offense takes us.
    Barely ain’t getting to top 12. He can’t play Chicago every week.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Barely ain’t getting to top 12. He can’t play Chicago every week.
    You might be right. We were 17th last year and 13th the year before. Our safety position is weaker. I haven't seen anything that leads me to believe they've improved appreciably anywhere else.

In 2008, Butte was 0-8 in the clutch - defined by Rob Demovsky as the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter in a game in which the lead is 8 points or less. I was blunt with Butte then and I will blunt with Love now.

I was late to the party today. Caught the score when the Packers went up 24-12 late in the 3rd. Figured we were in good hands. My heart sank just now when I saw the final score.

So, without looking at any stats, I can guess the run defense sucked like it usually does. Pass D gave up some big plays when we really needed them. But how in the hell did the Pack not even score in the 4th? I guess last weeks win had me hopeful that this team might actually be somewhat good. If you can't protect a 12 point lead with 15 mins to go....bah, whatever, I give up.

Rant over.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I thought the DL looked good. They got a lot of penetration. Quay played like a stud. Savage played well except for the bomb he mistimed his jump on. Gary gave up contain too many times. Alexander had the worst game of his career.

I can’t blame the O. With all they didn’t have. If Jones is in the game it is a win for sure. Dillon didn’t look good. He is ok inside but as soon as you try running him to the edge it is a negative play. The LT rotation was shaky at best. They kept a TE on the left side all game to help with protection. Not having Bahk out there was a big difference.

Still trying to figure out on 4 & 1 how the QB goes but the C doesn’t snap the ball.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    In 2008, Butte was 0-8 in the clutch - defined by Rob Demovsky as the last 4 minutes of the 4th quarter in a game in which the lead is 8 points or less. I was blunt with Butte then and I will blunt with Love now.
    Except it wasn’t that bad. In at least half of those games, we got the lead or tied it and the D couldn’t hold the other team from scoring. So it counted as not bringing the team back even though we had the lead.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Except it wasn’t that bad. In at least half of those games, we got the lead or tied it and the D couldn’t hold the other team from scoring. So it counted as not bringing the team back even though we had the lead.
    I recall Butte throwing a tons of picks in the clutch. 6-10 was awful. Started 2-0 only to win 4 more the rest of the way. Ted Thompson shoulda been canned after that season.

Still trying to figure out on 4 & 1 how the QB goes but the C doesn’t snap the ball.
    Looked like a noise issue to me. Not sure if they've gone away from silent counts.

Edit:

Matt Schneidman
    @mattschneidman

Jordan Love said he gave the wrong “live word” to check to a QB sneak on fourth and 1 late. That’s why the ball wasn’t snapped. His fault, he said.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-17-2023 at 04:53 PM.

i expect this kind of performance from a young offense

i do not expect to see the same shit on defense that we have seen for years now with the same guys, unacceptable

Tanks (losers):

Dillion - Ran the rock like a poor man’s Ron Dayne. This guy is slower than Geronimo Allison.

Cletidus Clark - When the foe is pounding the rock up and down the Pack’s rear end, it a good sign that Cletidus is overpaid. Vanished in the 2nd half.

Gary Lightbody - Who the fuck chases after the tailback on 4th and a million? Attack the fucking QB!

Love: Choked in the clutch.

Mailman - Failed to grasp the John Wick reference in the game day thread. Ineligible to start game day thread again til next season.

Teds (winners):

Reed: 2 TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Tanks (losers):

Dillion - Ran the rock like a poor man’s Ron Dayne. This guy is slower than Geronimo Allison.

Cletidus Clark - When the foe is pounding the rock up and down the Pack’s rear end, it a good sign that Cletidus is overpaid. Vanished in the 2nd half.

Gary Lightbody - Who the fuck chases after the tailback on 4th and million? Attack the fucking QB!

Mailman - Failed to grasp the John Wick reference in the game day thread. Ineligible to start game day thread til next season.

Teds (winners):

Reed: 2 TDs.
    I've kept alive my streak of never having 2 consecutive winning Game Day Threads. At least we got it out of the way early. It's all yours next week.

doubs seems to have moved on from the problem he had with drops last year

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    doubs seems to have moved on from the problem he had with drops last year
    Yep, he looks good. I think he was really the focus of the Atlanta defense's attention today. He'll be tough to stop when they get Watson and Jones back.

I thought the DL looked good. They got a lot of penetration. Quay played like a stud. Savage played well except for the bomb he mistimed his jump on. Gary gave up contain too many times. Alexander had the worst game of his career.

I can’t blame the O. With all they didn’t have. If Jones is in the game it is a win for sure. Dillon didn’t look good. He is ok inside but as soon as you try running him to the edge it is a negative play. The LT rotation was shaky at best. They kept a TE on the left side all game to help with protection. Not having Bahk out there was a big difference.

DL looked good???

You know they’re going to run almost every play and you give up 200+ yards.
    The defense was bad.
    The secondary played soft and gave up easy completions.
    This was a bad offense that moved up and down the field.