There was a lot of miscommunication in the back 7, and you'd hope a guy with a DB coaching background like Halfass will get that sorted out pronto.
Agree it's less about the scheme and more about the gameplan, playcaller, and execution.

Every scheme has weaknesses, no do players. You have to minimize those for your team and exploit those of the other team. I think Barry could come up with decent game plans but couldn't get the details and communication down, and I don't think he could adjust well enough in-game as a playcaller with MLF getting in his ear. I also suspect that when the SHTF, he defaults to his Marinelli background of vanilla - rush 4 with a 2 high safety shell, which was a bit too conservative. Not getting that shell able to pass off receivers crossing a zone is a sin...coaches at lower levels of the game can teach players that effectively.

I think he'll be fine as a LB coach, but DC is a step to far for him. I'll be excited to see his LBs line up against Rodgers and the NYJ next season.