Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 Bury Joe Barry Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Is Joe Barry Lazarus?

Like last year, the body of work is bad but BarryBall might have been saved again.

Don't be surprised if he's around another year, OR more.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Like last year, the body of work is bad but BarryBall might have been saved again.

Don't be surprised if he's around another year, OR more.
    I don't think shutting down Nick Mullens and Justin Fields will be enough to save him. Now if he shuts down the Cowboys offense...
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

A couple of good games by Barry's D, but putting it in perspective, it was the Bears, and it was the worst team in the league by record last week.

I'm thinking now, Barry is back next season whether we in here like it or not (for the record, I still don't).
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

JB mixed man in with his zone. I'll says this, when the Dline gets pressure, every DC looks better!

Well, there's a history he has to outrun:
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...or-career-days

Personally, I don't think the last few games should be enough. The defense played well, but beating bad QBs is not a high bar.
    I expect CeeDee Lamb and the rest of the DAL receivers to have a good day against this defense, and we'll all be reminded the frustration this defense has provoked.

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    A couple of good games by Barry's D, but putting it in perspective, it was the Bears, and it was the worst team in the league by record last week.

I'm thinking now, Barry is back next season whether we in here like it or not (for the record, I still don't).
    I disagree. I'm thinking Barry is gone unless there is some sort of historical playoff run to the SB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    JB mixed man in with his zone. I'll says this, when the Dline gets pressure, every DC looks better!
    I noticed this. Played a little more to Alexander's strength. I also saw Quay covering Moore a couple times so....

The only way Barry is back is if we AT LEAST hold the cowboys under 20 and win, and then hold whoever we play next to around 20. One good game won't be enough. He needs to check 2 playoff teams in a row to save his job. Even then I would fire him in an instant if Jim L. is willing to take the job.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I disagree. I'm thinking Barry is gone unless there is some sort of historical playoff run to the SB.
    My opinion about him staying is not strong enough to disagree with you. Maybe LaFleur lets him leave without too much shame. And don't rule out that "historical playoff run to the SB".
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Giants DC Wink Martindale resigns. He runs a blitz-heavy D that sometimes gives up big chunks of yardage. In 2023 Giants ranked 26th in points allowed and 27th in yards allowed. However, hey were 1st in forcing turnovers. Their run defense was among the worst in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I noticed this. Played a little more to Alexander's strength. I also saw Quay covering Moore a couple times so....

The only way Barry is back is if we AT LEAST hold the cowboys under 20 and win, and then hold whoever we play next to around 20. One good game won't be enough. He needs to check 2 playoff teams in a row to save his job. Even then I would fire him in an instant if Jim L. is willing to take the job.
    Ha, no firing needed as his contract expires.

Jim Leonhard going to Colorado.

Man, IDK if that is a good move or not. How long is Deion gonna stay there? MAybe he can be the next guy? Either way - he'll have no shortage of players to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Ha, no firing needed as his contract expires.
    potato potato.....that doesn't have the same effect in pixels.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

"Wink" Martindale is now available for the taking.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Joe Barry’s defense finished in the top 10 in points allowed.

He had a decent front. Clark, Gary, Preston and company are a squad you can play with, but they’re nothing special.
    The linebackers are decent again, but nothing special.
    The secondary, talent wise, once the injuries hit (and they hit all year) is probably the worst in the league talent wise.

Just off of talent alone, we should be bottom 15 or bottom 10.

Joe Barry is not the problem. It’s a lazy take.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I hope Jaire gets healthy, Valentine takes a big jump, Brooks and Wyatt get even better, Quay gets better, we find a legit safety or two…

And Joe Barry comes back and coaches a top 5 defense because he has the talent to actually make that happen.

And you all shut the fuck up, blaming the coach for everything the players do wrong.

I understand talking shit here. His family doesn’t see it. But People were fucking with his daughter on social media. It’s just ridiculous how people can tear a guy up in public and not feel a shred of guilt. Honestly, outside of Tex, there is no one here who hates journalists as a general rule more than me. And they’ve been more respectful than the fan base. It’s kind of gross, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Joe Barry’s defense finished in the top 10 in points allowed.

He had a decent front. Clark, Gary, Preston and company are a squad you can play with, but they’re nothing special.
    The linebackers are decent again, but nothing special.
    The secondary, talent wise, once the injuries hit (and they hit all year) is probably the worst in the league talent wise.

Just off of talent alone, we should be bottom 15 or bottom 10.

Joe Barry is not the problem. It’s a lazy take.
    Joe Barry is capable of putting together a good game plan. But it seems like unless he is pressured to change, he comes up with passive, bend, bend, bend, bend, but don't break defense game plans. The result is long drives that keep the Packers offense off the field, and few forced turnovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Joe Barry is capable of putting together a good game plan. But it seems like unless he is pressured to change, he comes up with passive, bend, bend, bend, bend, but don't break defense game plans. The result is long drives that keep the Packers offense off the field, and few forced turnovers.
    He’s making the best of the secondary he has. If he did things differently, we’d be torched in other ways and it would be worse. Points allowed is better than most other stats at defining a defense.

Valentines development and a healthy Jaire along with Savages speed in center field should open up some more aggressive options that won’t get is killed. There’s a chance we see our best defense down the stretch here.