Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 Bury Joe Barry Thread

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    He’s making the best of the secondary he has. If he did things differently, we’d be torched in other ways and it would be worse. Points allowed is better than most other stats at defining a defense.

Valentines development and a healthy Jaire along with Savages speed in center field should open up some more aggressive options that won’t get is killed. There’s a chance we see our best defense down the stretch here.
    You have absolutely no evidence to support that position. You are just make shit up out of thin air.

Where it is 4 and 1 and you don’t line up anyone’s in the A gaps it is on the DC. When it is 3rd and 7 and your safeties play 25+ yards off the line of scrimmage it is on the DC.

We have made a couple of clown show QBs and Os look like superstars. Hell, just a little over a week ago CAR scored 3 TDs against us. They hadn’t scored a TD in 9 quarters and didn’t score a TD in their season finale. They couldn’t punch it in for the last quarter of the season except against us.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Hell, just a little over a week ago CAR scored 3 TDs against us.
    Two and a half weeks ago, actually.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArrow View Post
    Two and a half weeks ago, actually.
    Correct, I forgot about the MINN game.

As an additional footnote, Carolina scored 83 points the last 8 weeks of the season. Removing the Packers game that is 53 points over 7 weeks or 7.6 points per game.
    Carolina scored 7 TDs in the last 8 weeks of the season. Removing the Packer game that is .57 TDs per game.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Last item and I will leave it alone regarding Carolina.

Carolina scored 45 points the last 5 weeks of the season. Removing the Packer game Carolina averaged 3.8 points per game.
    We were the only team that Carolina scored a TD against in the last quarter of the season.

-Tim Harmston

Correct, I forgot about the MINN game.

As an additional footnote, Carolina scored 83 points the last 8 weeks of the season. Removing the Packers game that is 53 points over 7 weeks or 7.6 points per game.
    Carolina scored 7 TDs in the last 8 weeks of the season. Removing the Packer game that is .57 TDs per game.
    Yeah, that was a bizarre thing. Big improvement the last two weeks though. We do need our offense to control the clock though to make up for mediocre defense. But this game is very winnable.

There’s more to the season than the Panthers game.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    There’s more to the season than the Panthers game.
    How about the Giants and Bucs games?

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Detroit and Minn game 1s against both teams?

-Tim Harmston

Barry is a mediocrity. As a DC, he always has been. If he's retained, Packers will continue to be not very good on defense, but not the worst.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Anyone else unrealistically hope we get mike Vrabel?

Maybe he really misses lafluer
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Barry is a mediocrity. As a DC, he always has been. If he's retained, Packers will continue to be not very good on defense, but not the worst.
    To me, they seem to swing between having really good games and really awful ones, with the weight of "really awful" being much more common than the "really good" games.

I doubt they get Vrabel, unless he wants to take a year off as a HC and come up to Green Bay for a year before he throws his hat back into the head coaching ring.

But I have no feel for whether he'd be an attractive HC candidate right now - he just had two losing seasons, didn't he?

Hell, I don't know.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Last item and I will leave it alone regarding Carolina.

Carolina scored 45 points the last 5 weeks of the season. Removing the Packer game Carolina averaged 3.8 points per game.
    We were the only team that Carolina scored a TD against in the last quarter of the season.
    I will say this in Barry's defense on Carolina (and I do not really mean to defend him). Young made a handful of his best throws as a pro in that game. We didn't get the pressure on him that we have gotten since that game.

Barry blows and needs to go. His nature is far to conservative for the type of defense we have assembled. Points per game isn't a stat worth a damn when you run our offense and allow 2 possessions a half. I would gather that in points per possession we are dead last.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Anyone else unrealistically hope we get mike Vrabel?

Maybe he really misses lafluer
    I honestly hope we get the janitor for the packer HoF if it means Barry is gone. But yes, Vrabel would be a fine choice. Wink would be cool. I saw Rex Ryan actually interviewed for a DC spot last year. I'm on board with that for sure.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

You're on the "ABB"train: Anyone But Barry.

Me too. Unless it's a Joe Barry clone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I honestly hope we get the janitor for the packer HoF if it means Barry is gone. But yes, Vrabel would be a fine choice. Wink would be cool. I saw Rex Ryan actually interviewed for a DC spot last year. I'm on board with that for sure.
    I dunno..

I don't know the NFL coach's worth squat but would be excited to have a young up-and-comer that could blend the young and more experienced players. The folks you mention are old and pale. To me they don't fit the vibe that is beginning to develop.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Didn't MLF work for Vrabel?

Or was that the staff prior?

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Didn't MLF work for Vrabel?

Or was that the staff prior?
    DC for 1 year before he came to the Packers.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I understand talking shit here. His family doesn’t see it. But People were fucking with his daughter on social media. It’s just ridiculous how people can tear a guy up in public and not feel a shred of guilt. Honestly, outside of Tex, there is no one here who hates journalists as a general rule more than me. And they’ve been more respectful than the fan base. It’s kind of gross, to be honest.
    Yeah going after the family or making it personal is crossing a line.
    If the talking heads on TV make it a segment of their show, that's fair game -- if it's deserved. In Barry's case at least some scrutiny of his record and performance is deserved.

I don't know him personally; I've heard he's a great guy.
    I will say I don't think he's calling and executing a defensive scheme that is consistently effective, I don't think he's gotten the most out of his players, and I don't think they've shown as much improvement as you'd like.
    (I also have doubts the players like the scheme or the calls) On the grounds of his performance over 3 seasons I don't think he should be the DC next year.

I don't think it will stop with Barry either. I think most if not all of the defensive coaching staff will be gone with him, and a few of the players. When a defense is invested in and is expected to keep the team afloat for a young offense and can't you have to look at everything.
    Devondre has his instincts but has been hurt a lot and is a step slow.
    Savage is fast, but his tackling and angles still leave much to be desired.
    The rest of the safeties are bargain bin guys. The back 7 will have some new starters.

Blog Entries
    How about the Giants and Bucs games?

BarryBall leads GB the last two weeks into the playoffs
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    BarryBall leads GB the last two weeks into the playoffs
    So we have 5 clunkers and 1 great job of the 17 games we played off the top of my head.

Beating Minn with their 4th string QB and the Bears aren’t BarryBall leading us anywhere.

-Tim Harmston