Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2023 Bury Joe Barry Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    So we have 5 clunkers and 1 great job of the 17 games we played off the top of my head.

Beating Minn with their 4th string QB and the Bears aren’t BarryBall leading us anywhere.
    While I generally agree with your main point, if the Packers get pressure the way they have the last two games, they have a real shot.

Blog Entries
    So we have 5 clunkers and 1 great job of the 17 games we played off the top of my head.

Beating Minn with their 4th string QB and the Bears aren’t BarryBall leading us anywhere.

I want Barry gone as much or more than anybody

But I saw this story happen last year and to me Flower is looking for reasons to keep him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    DC for 1 year before he came to the Packers.
    OC not DC. I think he gets another chance to be a head coach. Best guess would be New England.
    Last edited by Sparkey; 01-11-2024 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I want Barry gone as much or more than anybody

But I saw this story happen last year and to me Flower is looking for reasons to keep him
    I don't think anyone can honestly assess what MiLF is thinking. He wants to win. If he thinks replacing Barry is his best route to winning I think he replaces him. I'm only guessing that he probably thinks that because...well, most of the free world thinks that and he isn't stupid. Thats the best conclusion I can draw.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    To me, they seem to swing between having really good games and really awful ones, with the weight of "really awful" being much more common than the "really good" games.

I doubt they get Vrabel, unless he wants to take a year off as a HC and come up to Green Bay for a year before he throws his hat back into the head coaching ring.

But I have no feel for whether he'd be an attractive HC candidate right now - he just had two losing seasons, didn't he?

Hell, I don't know.
    He went to the playoffs 3 years in a row with Tannehill throwing to A.J. Brown and Derrick Henry running the ball. Then Tennessee traded A.J. Brown and Tannehill got hurt. He's a very good coach. Maybe not a great one. With 8 HC openings though (so far) I'd be surprised if he doesn't get an offer.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hey you poll makers. I would like to see a poll about Barry, NOT whether we want him out, but yes or no if we expect it to happen.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He went to the playoffs 3 years in a row with Tannehill throwing to A.J. Brown and Derrick Henry running the ball. Then Tennessee traded A.J. Brown and Tannehill got hurt. He's a very good coach. Maybe not a great one. With 8 HC openings though (so far) I'd be surprised if he doesn't get an offer.
    That's a good point. With that many openings, he's likely to get a shot with someone - he has HC experience and if his failure can be 'splained away, an insecure (or super smart, depending on your point of view) owner/GM will bite on Vrabel
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Hey you poll makers. I would like to see a poll about Barry, NOT whether we want him out, but yes or no if we expect it to happen.

This has JoeMailman Poll written all over it...fact based....
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

This has JoeMailman Poll written all over it...fact based....
    I’m voting for keeping Barry. He’s a good guy, the team likes him and he’s doing a good job with what he has.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m voting for keeping Barry. He’s a good guy, the team likes him and he’s doing a good job with what he has.

Barry is terrible; but by GB making the late season run he just might have kept his job.

Barry is terrible; but by GB making the late season run he just might have kept his job.
    I’m not convinced. I think Rudy ford, in particular, is a disaster and the other guys are so young or just not very good in the back that he’s had to cover them up a lot.

Savage and Owens are a nice pair. Savage with the range and Owens with the pop. I don’t think they’re very good by any stretch, but at least passable. Nixon is barely passable too. At least now he has guys who are JAGs or better vs having a true unpassable guy on the field.

And even with some passable JAGs, it’s not like he’s got this all pro squad out there so expecting the world is kind of…. Not it.

Barry and his merry band of secondary misfits were a top 10 defense in points allowed this year. If anything he’s over performed with what he had to work with.

RG, Bretsky, I SAID make it a "what will happen?" thing, NOT a "what do you want to happen?" thing. Of course, the huge majority of us, even after a couple good games, still WANT him gone, but the question is, will LaFleur see it that way and get rid of him? - a much closer call.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Barry and his merry band of secondary misfits were a top 10 defense in points allowed this year. If anything he’s over performed with what he had to work with.
    I want what you’re smoking. Though it sounds more like hallucinogens.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    How many 2nd -5th string QBs did we play? Seriously, I am not joking. The first half of the season the D kept us in games or at least close enough. The 2nd half was a shit show by the D except KC and Det bailed us out a bit by their coaches stupidity of fake punts and not taking 3 points when they were in FG range.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Honestly, I would look at number of punts the D forced and 3rd down conversion rate. Also, 3 and outs.

Those have to be in the bottom 3rd of the league.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Honestly, I would look at number of punts the D forced and 3rd down conversion rate. Also, 3 and outs.

Barry is bad. He's been bad everywhere he's ever been. He needs to go. The main reason for our points allowed per game being good is due to our offense being able to sustain long drives and limit the number of possessions.

Packers D forced the least number of punts in the NFL (56)
    Packers D was 25th in 3rd down conversion rate
    Packers D was 20th in 4th down conversion rate
    Through 13 weeks, Packers D was 27th at forcing 3 and outs.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 01-12-2024 at 08:18 AM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

That's a bottom-third defense, however you look at it. Even on 'shrooms you can see that.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That's a bottom-third defense, however you look at it. Even on 'shrooms you can see that.
    Heck - from what I read - shrooms would allow a much deeper understanding (not ‘even on’).

You’d need to be blacked out drunk to think our D is anything but bottom 3rd.