View Poll Results: Was drafting Love the right move in 2020?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, bad timing, we could have gotten someone better down the road

0 0%
  • No, we were close to a championship and needed help

4 33.33%
  • Yes, we couldn’t do any better than the guy we got in 2020

4 33.33%
  • Yes, it made Rodgers play better

6 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Was pissing Rodgers off and drafting Love after the failed NFCCG worth it? 2020 revisited!

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Or the rookie is open and Rodgers tries to force in another pass to Davante.
    Or he gets hurt and doesn't contribute at all

Blog Entries
    Or the rookie is open and Rodgers tries to force in another pass to Davante.
    Ya meant Cobb, didn't ya Joe? (Det game last year)

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Ya meant Cobb, didn't ya Joe? (Det game last year)
    Actually I was referring to the 2020 NFCCG against Tampa Bay. Davante was targeted 15 times.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Actually I was referring to the 2020 NFCCG against Tampa Bay. Davante was targeted 15 times.
    Both cases true. The bigger point is, even if you grant Bretsky's wish and have Tee Higgins running wide open, he'd have been a rookie, and - Doh! - Rodtgers doesn't throw to rookies. Sometimes not even to wide open vets, because he didn't "trust" them like he did his sacred few.

So Bretsky, I don't think your opinion is a good one here. Not at all.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Rodgers always spread it around to a bunch of receivers. That's one thing Love seems to have learned from him.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Rodgers always spread it around to a bunch of receivers. That's one thing Love seems to have learned from him.
    The biggest thing I see is how he moves in the pocket. It's beautiful. 4 games against real d and he routinely resets the pocket. Finds pressure reliefs, it awesome.
    Now he just needs to improve his accuracy
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Early in his career, yes. (Brett did that as well). The last year or two, the ball didn't get spread around nearly as much. I'd put that equally on the the lack of quality receivers and Rodgers just going to guys that had been there long enough for him to start trusting.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

At his best, yes. At his worst, not even close. When Rodgers was motivated to be his best I would take no one before him. That chip on his shoulder seemed to come and go though.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

We wanted Jefferson/Raegor. We missed the boat on both. We had the trade in place, pulled the trigger. It was too early and hurt us and probably cost us a Super Bowl in 2020, but there is no such thing as perfect timing. Hard to fault them, if they actually believed Love was a top-15 player.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    At his best, yes. At his worst, not even close. When Rodgers was motivated to be his best I would take no one before him. That chip on his shoulder seemed to come and go though.
    Woulda been a site to behold this year. I wanted to see him as a 5 time MVP and up there with Peyton. I just dunno if he will have the same level of juice next year even if pissed off.

sight, not site hahahaha
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?