Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs. Saints Discussion Thread

It's worrisome to me that both Aaron Jones and Chistian Watson are still being either held out or limited. There are only four days until the game. I have a feeling they're both going to miss, again.

This is the part where, uh, Joe Barely's defense is supposed to carry the team. Saints' offense missing its two top running backs, piloted by an average NFL QB.

But then Taysom Hill wil probably run wild.

I get angry even thinking about how many resources have been put into this defense, and how lousy it's been.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Saints have rushing success using Taysom Hill QB Power formations, but they don't do entire games with it, and it exposes Taysom's deep wounded-duck throws.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    The Saints have rushing success using Taysom Hill QB Power formations, but they don't do entire games with it, and it exposes Taysom's deep wounded-duck throws.
    Which should work perfectly against Barry's defensive scheme.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Which should work perfectly against Barry's defensive scheme.
    This is my concern. I just have no faith in that guy's ability to get the defense to rise to the occasion.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Most of the country, including Alaska and Hawaii will get Saints at Packers. Kenny Albert and Jonathan Vilma with the call. Northwest Wisconsin and most of Minnesota will get Chargers at Vikings. Kevin Kugler and Mark Sanchez with the call. LP of Michigan will get Falcons at Lions. Adam Amin and Mark Schlereth with the call.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

matchup Jaire on Olave, Rasul on Thomas and hope that Shaheed doesn't burn Nixon too bad.
    Pass rush the heck out of Carr and maybe he throws up a bad pick.

NO's OL has had some issues. I think there will be some running lanes for both teams. Going to be up to the defenses. I think NO's D will give Jordan Love some trouble.
    Turnover battle will matter. Looks to me like Watson is doubtful and Jones is probable based on Thu practice.

I would hope/expect the defense to come out fired up, being at home and after last week. I'd want to wash that bad taste out of my mouth if I were a GB defender.

Watson is going to ball out and you're going to be forced to cheer, APB.

Sadly, it won't be this wek...

MLF said Watson not practicing today was planned. Not a setback.

LeFleur said they are juggling practice with guys because of the short week next week.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Watson is going to ball out and you're going to be forced to cheer, APB.

Sadly, it won't be this wek...
    Christine has a penchant for dropping rocks, but we ain’t questioning her game. We’re questioning her vag.

Butte played only 4 plays for the Jesters, and that’s still 4 times more plays than Christine has played. Suffice it to say, Christine “Baby Spice Girl” Watson is less reliable than a deadbeat dad who deserted his offspring.

Christine pisses me off more than a punter who refuses tackle pisses off the Kentucky.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's worrisome to me that both Aaron Jones and Chistian Watson are still being either held out or limited. There are only four days until the game. I have a feeling they're both going to miss, again.

This is the part where, uh, Joe Barely's defense is supposed to carry the team. Saints' offense missing its two top running backs, piloted by an average NFL QB.

But then Taysom Hill wil probably run wild.

I get angry even thinking about how many resources have been put into this defense, and how lousy it's been.
    I get angry when the pieces don't suck, but the product does. I mean our OLB room can play. The ability is undeniable. The only weakness are the safeties. The players all have talent and he can't design a gameplan, or get them to play in a way that stops Desmond Ridder.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This is my concern. I just have no faith in that guy's ability to get the defense to rise to the occasion.
    I think Barry gets them to rise to the occasion. He just doesn't have them in a position to succeed.

I really thought last week, a lot of Packers on the D played well. The issue was we were putting 6 in the box for a lot of the game. ATL went man to man and let their RBs run where they wanted. Barry needed to put 7 in the box and bring a safety down to help. Make ATL throw to beat you, not allow them to run for over 200 yards.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Christine has a penchant for dropping rocks, but we ain’t questioning her game. We’re questioning her vag.

Butte played only 4 plays for the Jesters, and that’s still 4 times more plays than Christine has played. Suffice it to say, Christine “Baby Spice Girl” Watson is less reliable than a deadbeat dad who deserted his offspring.

Christine pisses me off more than a punter who refuses tackle pisses off the Kentucky.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky
    Elgton Jenkins told ESPN that at this point he doesn’t believe that he will go on injured reserve.

Sprained MCLs can have varying return times but this means he could be back in fewer than 4 weeks.

He wasn’t wearing the knee brace today in the locker room.

Good news on Jenkins. Before the MCL report came out, he had a bulky brace on it and would only say it wasn't season ending. I'm guessing he misses the next game and maybe has an outside chance of playing in the Thu game vs. DET.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Good news on Jenkins. Before the MCL report came out, he had a bulky brace on it and would only say it wasn't season ending. I'm guessing he misses the next game and maybe has an outside chance of playing in the Thu game vs. DET.
    Given the short turnaround, I expect they will hold him out on the Thursday game and give him the extra 10 days. OTOH, if Watson is out this week, I think he will play Thursday.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler

Coach says Aaron Jones, Christian Watson, David Bakhtiari, Lukas Van Ness and Jaire Alexander will be listed as Questionable to play against Saints.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-22-2023 at 05:47 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Aaron Nagler
    @AaronNagler

Coach says Aaron Jones, Christian Watson, David Bakhtiari, Lukas Van Ness and Jaire Alexander will be listed as Questionable to play against Saints.

Wonder how long Kristy is going to be out. This injury stuff seems to be his pattern
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Including his last year at NDSU, this is the 3rd straight year he's missed games due to hamstring.

Not sure I understand all the stuff with Watson here. Dude has a pretty tightly wound build, I think until the training staff figure him out he'll have hamstring issues. He wasn't the only one with them.
    I'd also be very very reluctant to say a player has a vag as well -- with what they endure in training, practice and games, they all have to have a certain degree of toughness. The injury rate in the NFL is basically 100% and many of those injuries a layperson would need a LOT longer to recover from, and these guys are back out on the field getting beat up again.

That rant over, I think all of them play on Sunday, except perhaps Watson, although he did practice a bit today.

As for the rest of the team, I think GB has some favorable matchups, but the fact that the run blocking of their OL -- even with Bakhtiari and Jenkins -- has been pretty meh is a concern. Dillon wasn't great, but the vast majority of the yards he did get vs ATL were after contact. OL needs to do better resetting the LOS, and the RB needs to do better with vision and balance. The NO OL has had problems this season so far against TEN and CAR, so I think Rashan and Kenny could get some against them. Veterans on defense ultimately let the young offense down vs. ATL, I suspect they'll be motivated to right that wrong.