Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Saints

hahahahaha not eyerolls, but he did give them a "look" several times - well deserved look.

Don't we have "studs and duds" threads anymore?

Before I get into the plethora of studs and maybe a few part time duds for the team, I'll nominate some media bastard idiot I read who suggested the Packers should trade for some veteran WR hahahaha. Those shit-eating fools/shit-spewing fools don't know the Packers a tenth as well as just about everybody in here.

Fulltime Studs: Love (obviously) damn near all of the time. Rashan Gary playing like a superstar.

Most of the time Studs: Doubs, Musgrave, Douglas, Nixon, Rudy Ford, Savage, Wicks

Studs about half the time: Reed, Clark, the right side of the O Line, LaFleur's playcalling

More Dud than Stud but not enough to lose the game: Whelan, the left side of the O Line, Barry's D (better than it usually is, though), Vilma commentating

Lesser Lights who showed up when needed today, most of the time anyway: Valentine and Ballentine, McDuffie, Toure, the back up RBs
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Wait, wait…
    I’m just a semi lurker but it seems to me the posts are all so true without bullshit
    I could be wrong..

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Despite several WRs trying their best at times Love completed 0 eyerolls all game.
    how many drops were there? was anyone counting?

it seemed like at least 10 times our guys hand their hands on the ball and didn't come down with it

i'm sure "official stats", will say some bullshit like 2. but it was a lot today

Love was annoyed after the interception. Reed ran the wrong route, I’m fairly certain. He lead the safety right to Doubs. By the time the ball got there, Reed was 5 yards away from Doubs. Of course Love was surprised the damn safety made it over there. I’m sure the play design wasn’t to run two guys to the same spot. If reed ran the correct route, I’m sure Love knew the safety had a much different responsibility and wouldn’t have been able to drift so quickly and confidently to the spot.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I can't wait for studs/duds.

Stud: Gutes and MiLF. We had the ENTIRE OFFENSE on rookie contracts today and Watson out as well. Still put 18 on a very stingy D. I can't stress enough how that just never happens.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I don’t know what the defense was on that pick or exactly what Love saw, but I’m guessing Love peaked his read and knew they had to be in a certain defense. Once he knew what defense they were in, if Reed ran the right route I’m assuming he knew the safety couldn’t make it over there. I don’t know the exact process, but I know two receivers over there was not in the plan.

I’m sure Love can peak the safety next time instead of assuming his guy is going to run the right route.

That interception is partly on Love, but I don’t think it’s as bad as it looked. He looked in command and under control the entire game. That was not a mitchel turdbiscuit type confusion play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Rashan MVP of the game for injuring their starting QB so their offense dies and we win
    Seriously?
    What a lame ass of an excuse

I’m becoming a big fan of Musgrave. There was a crosser or some sort of out route he caught where he was just gliding to the sideline. Love threw it behind 88, but the catch was still made. It’s really hard for defenders to make plays on the ball when the guy their chasing is that damn fast. They’re in that mode where they’re just running as fast as they possibly can and can’t get to looking for the ball. And he seems to have really really really reliable hands. He might stumble a little because he’s so damn tall and lanky, so he’s not perfect. But he does a couple of things (run extremely fast and catch the damn ball) that are going to be very effective.

Watson and Musgrave are such a sick pair of speed demons. Love looks so in command of the game. It’s going to be real interesting to see what happens when he gets his crew back.

I saw one pass pro from Musgrave that was just perfect. I really can’t believe how quickly this kid is catching on. He might be really special.

Love is (somewhat surprisingly) making good reads and decisions. He's got a strong arm. If there's a criticism, he's not been super accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Love is (somewhat surprisingly) making good reads and decisions. He's got a strong arm. If there's a criticism, he's not been super accurate.
    Watching Kurt Warner's breakdowns, Love was consistently making good reads and decisions, so it isn't too much of a surprise. The accuracy needs work, but when the offense was 'play fast and chuck it', he stepped up and made a lot of plays downfield. Hopefully things will keep improving and he will get his weapons back. A 50% completion rate won't cut it very often.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Watching Kurt Warner's breakdowns, Love was consistently making good reads and decisions, so it isn't too much of a surprise. The accuracy needs work, but when the offense was 'play fast and chuck it', he stepped up and made a lot of plays downfield. Hopefully things will keep improving and he will get his weapons back. A 50% completion rate won't cut it very often.
    Preseason isn't a great indicator though.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    RG- Musgrave is the Dirty White boy TE you have been yearning for since you fell in love with Kittle. He needs to get some red zone shots.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m becoming a big fan of Musgrave. There was a crosser or some sort of out route he caught where he was just gliding to the sideline. Love threw it behind 88, but the catch was still made. It’s really hard for defenders to make plays on the ball when the guy their chasing is that damn fast. They’re in that mode where they’re just running as fast as they possibly can and can’t get to looking for the ball. And he seems to have really really really reliable hands. He might stumble a little because he’s so damn tall and lanky, so he’s not perfect. But he does a couple of things (run extremely fast and catch the damn ball) that are going to be very effective.
    he still can't stay on his feet after making a catch, but the guy really seems able to get open at will

could end up being a really good pick

I know all you LGBTQIA’s love Love, but he has no presence, no command, no balls. I’m still waiting for him to strain his sphincter so the Clifford era can officially begin. You all can complain about drops, but chocolate starfish still can’t hit a fucking wide open target downfield when it counts. If he could, we wouldn’t have been put in the downward dog position from the get go. He’s had years to not look like a 1st or 2nd year fuckup, but that’s what we got right now.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    RG- Musgrave is the Dirty White boy TE you have been yearning for since you fell in love with Kittle. He needs to get some red zone shots.
    I would bring up Mark Chumura who definitely was attacked to the red zone shots

Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap 💰
    @KenIngalls

The 2023 Salary Cap is $224.8M.

Today the Green Bay Packers played & won a football game with $118.5M (53%) of cap space unavailable on the field.

Dead: $59.34M
    PUP: $3.25M
    IR: $1.03M
    Bakh: $21.34M
    Jaire: $10.76M
    Jones: $8.20M
    Jenkins: $6.97M
    Campbell: $5.53M
    Watson: $2.10M
    Last edited by Joemailman; 09-24-2023 at 08:38 PM.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    I know all you LGBTQIA’s love Love, but he has no presence, no command, no balls. I’m still waiting for him to strain his sphincter so the Clifford era can officially begin. You all can complain about drops, but chocolate starfish still can’t hit a fucking wide open target downfield when it counts. If he could, we wouldn’t have been put in the downward dog position from the get go. He’s had years to not look like a 1st or 2nd year fuckup, but that’s what we got right now.
    This ain't it. Sacks are worse than incimpletions. He doesn't take sacks. Interceptions are worse than incimpletions. He doesn't throw picks. His accuracy is a little off, but he does a lot of things well.

And he's playing with AJ slug Dillon at running back and a whole crew of rookies. Relax.

Reed seems like he is going to be a really good player. JLove continues to show up and play solid. What a come back today, my goodness!