Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Saints

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Love still doesn't have a successful 2 minute drill for a win.
    LOL
    C.H.U.D.

Basket back in for the full troll.
    C.H.U.D.

There really might be something to the let-the-kid-sit-for-3-years-behind-a-stud-to-learn thing. Maybe that just is _the_ system henceforth.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Basket back in for the full troll.
    Hey now, if someone don’t drink the blended kookaid, it’s trolling? I get Love does some things well, but he also sucks at a few things he shouldn’t given his situation. Command of the game, decisiveness, and throwing footballs to open receivers (which is quite literally his job), being some of those things. If they were in grade school, Love would be the trans art kid wearing fuzzy turtlenecks sipping apple juice out of a squeeze box all day while Clifford would be the playground bully with his balls hanging out his shorts groping girls even though he’s too young to get a boner just because he knows that’s what he was born to do. I’d take the later to lead my football team.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Reed seems like he is going to be a really good player. JLove continues to show up and play solid. What a come back today, my goodness!
    Agree on Reed. Hard to say how good he could be, but some real good signs. Good signs from Doubs and Musgrave too. The only running back that seems worth a lick is Jones.

I like Love getting the ball out, looking composed, not taking sacks, not throwing picks and making some big throws.

There’s a lot to feel good about. Some worries too. No knowing how it’s gonna play, but definitley interesting to see it unfold.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

It does kinda make you wonder. Last year Rodgers often seemed like no one was open. Love seems to have no problem just slinging it in there and seeing what happens. Granted I've only watched the highlights so who knows, but is the talent that's playing really that different at WR this year vs last? Maybe they're being schemed open better?

It does kinda make you wonder. Last year Rodgers often seemed like no one was open. Love seems to have no problem just slinging it in there and seeing what happens. Granted I've only watched the highlights so who knows, but is the talent that's playing really that different at WR this year vs last? Maybe they're being schemed open better?
    The young talent is better than the old, slow guys that Rodgers trusted, but the system is the big thing. Love is reading the keys and throwing to the guy who should be open based on the keys. Rodgers would look at the defense presnap, make a call to get what he thought would be the perfect routes for what he saw, then wait for a guy to be open for the big play. And when that wasn't there, he'd hold the ball waiting for someone to be open. Without Adams, it wasn't working. Also, this year the receivers don't have a lot of arcane signals to know and adjust their routes. They mostly run the routes they are supposed to, with the normal adjustments based on leverage, and get to where they are supposed to be. Easier to coach and learn, so the receivers can just play fast.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Love is 3rd in the NFL in TD passes, 17th in passing yards and 33rd in completion percentage. Eventually those rankings will come closer together. If the completion percentage doesn't come up, the others will go down. Of course, getting his best RB, best WR, and 2 best OL back would probably help.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Love is (somewhat surprisingly) making good reads and decisions. He's got a strong arm. If there's a criticism, he's not been super accurate.
    Agreed 100% I don't know if he is missing throws, reads or his WRs are missing them but he seems to at least making the correct reads.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

There really might be something to the let-the-kid-sit-for-3-years-behind-a-stud-to-learn thing. Maybe that just is _the_ system henceforth.
    The axiom in the NFL for 40 years was to let a guy sit 2 years. In the FA era GMs weren't given that much time to build a winner so they started forcing these young guys into the mix immediately. The packers with their unique set up can still pull it off (although the drama from the guy currently holding the job is now a thing).

Sometimes the answer is simple and people over think it. Come to think of it, most of the time the answer is simple.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Our guys aren't exactly running free this year. The main difference is that Love is throwing to the guys in iso and allowing them to make the play. Rodgers was only partly to blame last year due to injuries and such, but early on Love is facing the same issues. I would say pre broken thumb, Rodgers was looking about like Love is looking so far.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Hey now, if someone don’t drink the blended kookaid, it’s trolling?
    Certainly not. Your over-the-top, intentionally controversial and/or offensive post most definitely is trolling, however. Each to his own.
    Last edited by sharpe1027; 09-25-2023 at 01:30 PM.

Did a little digging and the endzone pass to Jayden Reed that was knocked loose by the Saints player's knee while he was on his back was indeed a touchdown. Stupid zebras.

I rewatched the 4th q.

That holding call that took back a big gain from Hill that led to a punt was huge. And we got 67yrds in penalties on a drive that obv helped too.

Even in the kicker makes it - the team was so fired up I bet Carlson would’ve hit one from 57 for a winner.

I'm not sure Love was at fault on the deep miss to Musgrave. At the time Love releases the ball, Musgrave is near the left hash mark. But Musgrave drifts to his right and then has to try to adjust at the last second. I think Love put it exactly where he wanted to. https://twitter.com/i/status/1706339943084130637

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm not sure Love was at fault on the deep miss to Musgrave. At the time Love releases the ball, Musgrave is near the left hash mark. But Musgrave drifts to his right and then has to try to adjust at the last second. I think Love put it exactly where he wanted to. https://twitter.com/i/status/1706339943084130637
    While I don't agree with all of Skin's assessment of the quarterbacking situation (for example, even grade school boys get boners - I know I sure as hell did), I am concerned with Love's lack of accuracy, especially on the deep ball. Your point here is well taken, insofar as the drift from left hash to the middle by Musgrave. But the ball was still overthrown by a couple yards, maybe more. This was a situation where a little more loft would've helped, or if he'd thrown it shorter - even if Musgrave has to slow up a half-beat, he still makes the catch. I've also seen Love throw it behind guys on crossers.

Can he really improve his accuracy, having been in the league for three years?

I also wonder if his crazy free-form throwing is causing accuracy issues. He throws off a weird, weird platform a lot of the time. A lot of the time. Or so it seems to me.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

He's missed some big plays that would have not only racked up lots of yards for his stat line, they might have made big swings in the games.

The sample size is still small. He might never be great at it, but I gotta believe he can make a higher percentage of the long throws going forward.

Down 4 offensive starts, 1 d starter. 2 of those 5 players when healthy are top 5 in league. 2 more are top 10.

If they were playing g I'm disappointed In this win, but they weren't.

I think im happy, all said.

I want to see what the eagles would do to us.

On a tangent , special teams coverage again?
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    The axiom in the NFL for 40 years was to let a guy sit 2 years. In the FA era GMs weren't given that much time to build a winner so they started forcing these young guys into the mix immediately. The packers with their unique set up can still pull it off (although the drama from the guy currently holding the job is now a thing).

Sometimes the answer is simple and people over think it. Come to think of it, most of the time the answer is simple.
    I remember during the early McCarthy era, Young Understudy Rodgers was tasked with giving the CB report to the QB room and live-charting what he would have done on every one of Brett's snaps.

I never thought about the backup having more responsibilities than getting donuts and giving nods when the coaches say, "Did you catch that?" But giving the young guy some responsibilities (at a level that he can handle) and making him face the entire team is good prep that this isn't just about getting a game check and asking the coach when he can come in.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    While I don't agree with all of Skin's assessment of the quarterbacking situation (for example, even grade school boys get boners - I know I sure as hell did), I am concerned with Love's lack of accuracy, especially on the deep ball. Your point here is well taken, insofar as the drift from left hash to the middle by Musgrave. But the ball was still overthrown by a couple yards, maybe more. This was a situation where a little more loft would've helped, or if he'd thrown it shorter - even if Musgrave has to slow up a half-beat, he still makes the catch. I've also seen Love throw it behind guys on crossers.

Can he really improve his accuracy, having been in the league for three years?

I also wonder if his crazy free-form throwing is causing accuracy issues. He throws off a weird, weird platform a lot of the time. A lot of the time. Or so it seems to me.
    I don't know what you mean by a weird platform. I'd be laid up for a week if I tried that.