Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Week 4 Other Games Thread

Allen reminds me of Favre in his ability, and also his questionable decision-making (on some occasions). However, Allen is bigger and a better runner. Favre probably had the better arm, but it's damn close, and you're hardly wanting with Allen in that department.

Physically yes. But Jemarcus Russell was probably more physically talented. Just sayin'
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Physically yes. But Jemarcus Russell was probably more physically talented. Just sayin'
    I include accuracy in physical talent. It’s something someone physically does, not something that purely cognitive or social or instinctive like reading a defense or getting guys lined up or setting a rhythm for his guys or keeping command.

When you include accuracy as a physical skill, Allen far surpasses Russell in physical ability.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Davante really starting to make his case for the Hall of Fame. He’s closing in on 10k yards and getting close to 100 touchdowns (top 10 all time)

A decent next couple years and Davante is over 12k and 110 touchdowns. The touchdowns make it very likely that he will be in the HOF. He’s 14th on the list now and every player in the top 16 besides him is a first ballot hall of famer. I don’t know how you keep him out if he gets to 12k and 110.

You see a bunch of top 20 yards and top 20 receptions not in the hall of fame. Literally none of the top 17 touchdowns are not on the hall of fame.

Taylor Swift at the Chiefs game in the Kelce box again. Good god, he’s what, in his mid 30s…… he’s gotta give 110% to stay in the kind of shape he needs to be in to compete with these 20 somethings. I don’t see this distraction being good for his career.

Kelce and the boys definitely running a train on Taylor swift after the game

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Taylor Swift at the Chiefs game in the Kelce box again. Good god, he’s what, in his mid 30s…… he’s gotta give 110% to stay in the kind of shape he needs to be in to compete with these 20 somethings. I don’t see this distraction being good for his career.
    They're the same age.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I think you dramatically are over estimating the amount of time that the two of them are galavanting about and also the amount of time NFL players dedicate to their craft in season. It's an 8 hour a day job at the most - he's not a coach or a qb. You can't lift weights and run for 4 hours a day and expect to have the legs to perform on Sunday.

They always say the qb should have their feet lead them through their reads…. So you always see nfl quarterbacks drop, set their feet to throw to read one. If it’s not there, they set their feet for the next read and then look at the read.

I watched Zach Wilson set his feet to throw left, when it wasn’t there, instead of having his feet lead him through the progression, he just twisted his body. The play was there, but when the threw, he was all twisted up so obviously it was a horrible platform and the missed badly. Not very often you seen an nfl qb not move their feet when they go through their reads. Not good qb play from the jets qb there.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Kelce and the boys definitely running a train on Taylor swift after the game
    Saw something where he was photo leaving her pad this morning… at 11am!!!
    All the chiefs pretty much said “it’s just the jets” and partied hard in NYC. Thats why they almost got beat.

Against the Jest, Allen looked fucking miserable. Weird.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It's an 8 hour a day job at the most - he's not a coach or a qb.
    IDK, practice, meetings, time in the weight room, time in the trainer's room, film study, media sessions ... even if it's not 8 hours a day, they need to spend time healing up so they can do it all over again in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Against the Jest, Allen looked fucking miserable. Weird.
    The Jets have a very good defense. Fast and physical, good tackling, good instincts in the backers. Corners who can plaster receivers. Compare to GB and you'll see why Allen had trouble. Mahomes did too.

This is an interesting take. It's possible he spends so much time with Swift that his play suffers, but that's not likely in my opinion. Many players spend significant time and focus with their families, charities, or similar things. There's plenty of time for them to be a person off the field. Frankly, I'd be more concerned if a player didn't have off field outlets.

Davante really starting to make his case for the Hall of Fame. He’s closing in on 10k yards and getting close to 100 touchdowns (top 10 all time)

A decent next couple years and Davante is over 12k and 110 touchdowns. The touchdowns make it very likely that he will be in the HOF. He’s 14th on the list now and every player in the top 16 besides him is a first ballot hall of famer. I don’t know how you keep him out if he gets to 12k and 110.
    If he finishes this year decent even I think he is a lock HoF. As you said, everyone above him and 2 behind are in and if he finishes strong he likely moves up a couple spots yet.

They always say the qb should have their feet lead them through their reads…. So you always see nfl quarterbacks drop, set their feet to throw to read one. If it’s not there, they set their feet for the next read and then look at the read.

I watched Zach Wilson set his feet to throw left, when it wasn’t there, instead of having his feet lead him through the progression, he just twisted his body. The play was there, but when the threw, he was all twisted up so obviously it was a horrible platform and the missed badly. Not very often you seen an nfl qb not move their feet when they go through their reads. Not good qb play from the jets qb there.
    I refer to this as the "nathanial hackett effect". Well, him and the guy before him who didn't work on fundamentals with Wilson.