Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Official Lions at Packers TNF game night thread

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    There is some truth here, but Love could have gotten the ball out more quickly too. I’ve seen Brady, Brees and Manning slow down a pass rush with quick passes quite a few times over the last 20 years. Favre too. Most of the greats can frustrate a good pass rush.
    And good coaching would do that...
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

There is some truth here, but Love could have gotten the ball out more quickly too. I’ve seen Brady, Brees and Manning slow down a pass rush with quick passes quite a few times over the last 20 years. Favre too. Most of the greats can frustrate a good pass rush.
    That's also about play calling. I think it a combination of MLF's strategy and Love contributed, but the primary fault was the line.

Pack was outclassed and dominated. The OL were a bunch of stumblebums.
    C.H.U.D.

I’m not worried about Love yet. Way too many Packers fans expect him to look like a HOF QB that has been in the league for 10 years. That isn’t realistic. Compare Love tonight to Ridder last week. He’s got plenty of future in this league, but he still has a ways to go to master the offense and develop chemistry with receivers. The Lions have one of the best defenses in football. They’ve been drafting high for years, and have done reasonably well at it. It shows.

The Packers largest issue remains the coaching staff. Barely is a zero. So is Bitch-sack. How many times does a guy have to return a kick from five yards deep in the end zone before you kick him square in the junk? And WTF with Quay’s penalty? Special teams truly looks special in the short yellow bus kind of way. MLF has also mailed in some duds with poor gameplans and the continued failure to utilize Aaron Jones properly. The coaching staff is a more pressing concern to me.

The OL is a tire fire that can only be fixed through several good drafts.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The OL is a tire fire that can only be fixed through several good drafts.

The Bahk fiasco is at center of problem.
    -Captain Obvious

Mama told me there’d be days like this.
    This team has a lot of limitations that were to be expected with such a young group.
    I’m looking for growth and improvement as the season rolls on. We obviously need the OL to gel if possible, a more cohesive defense (Barry?), and Love to grow with his receivers.
    I am disappointed with the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Pack was outclassed and dominated. The OL were a bunch of stumblebums.
    Both sides of the ball were manhandled, absolutely manhandled.

Offense was awful, but they are young there. The defense, though, just plays weak and misses assignments, despite all those first round picks and this being year three of Joe Barely. It's very unlikely they'd fire Joe mid-season, but my god, this is embarrassing.

Ten days to smell the stink of that turd.

MLF needs to be criticized, too. This team was not ready to play, period. And again, wtf with not using Aaron Jones until well into the game? If he's not really ready physically, then why bother having him suit up?

MLF not looking good here. At all. Put him on the toilet-seat-is-getting warm, not because the offense is making mistakes, but because his defensive coaching hire was terrible, his gameplans don't utilize his best offensive player, and his team's not ready to play.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Both sides of the ball were manhandled, absolutely manhandled.

Offense was awful, but they are young there. The defense, though, just plays weak and misses assignments, despite all those first round picks and this being year three of Joe Barely. It's very unlikely they'd fire Joe mid-season, but my god, this is embarrassing.

Ten days to smell the stink of that turd.

MLF needs to be criticized, too. This team was not ready to play, period. And again, wtf with not using Aaron Jones until well into the game? If he's not really ready physically, then why bother having him suit up?

MLF not looking good here. At all. Put him on the toilet-seat-is-getting warm, not because the offense is making mistakes, but because his defensive coaching hire was terrible, his gameplans don't utilize his best offensive player, and his team's not ready to play.

The 1st time I agree with one of your posts. I was starting to feel okay with this team's development and then this turd comes along. I cannot remember the last time I had to turn off a game at halftime. I say fire him today, how much worse can the d play and I am being dead serious, is Jim Leonhard still available?

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Johnson, the Lions OC has future HC written all over him.
    Agree. I'm surprised he didn't get more interest last offseason. I'm fairly certain he'll be a hot name this year to coach somewhere like CHI, HOU, or TEN.

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    The 1st time I agree with one of your posts. I was starting to feel okay with this team's development and then this turd comes along. I cannot remember the last time I had to turn off a game at halftime. I say fire him today, how much worse can the d play and I am being dead serious, is Jim Leonhard still available?

IIRC he took a job as a consultant or something for the U of Illinois football team?
    Either way, it's EXTREMELY unlikely they would can their DC after 4 games and bring someone new in to try and teach a new scheme. That would be a big disruption and probably not improve things soon enough to make any difference. Also, it's Barry's last year on his contract. They know it's a youngish team (not as much on defense) and they're just going to ride it out with Barry for the year.

It's interesting, special teams coaches used to be the ones everyone hated... nowadays it's the DCs. The rules have been altered to favor the offenses so I think they are at a bit of a disadvantage. If get a genius as your DC, you're probably losing them to be hired away as a HC, and you're left hating who you get next.

Agree. Even if nothing is there, at some point you have to fire it out of bounds. He held it way too long early and that just serves to get you hit and wear down your OL.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Agree. Even if nothing is there, at some point you have to fire it out of bounds. He held it way too long early and that just serves to get you hit and wear down your OL.
    That’s what I was seeing. Standing there patting the ball. Of course a good rush will get home. The great ones get the ball out quickly, and in a way that gives their guy a chance while not being a big interception risk at the same time.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Did he even have many check-down options?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Who’s worse, skinbasket; Jordan Love or Atari Bigby?
    Tough call, both getting the homer treatment and all. I would say Bigby talent wise, but at least he was decisive in his ineptitude. Love is like seaweed swishing around in the waves, but with less elusiveness, which is hard given those roots and all, and less personality, and less leadership. Also, Bigby didn’t have the benefit of being groomed behind a HOFer.

Only one thing is certain: neither could hit an open receiver.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Tough call, both getting the homer treatment and all. I would say Bigby talent wise, but at least he was decisive in his ineptitude. Love is like seaweed swishing around in the waves, but with less elusiveness, which is hard given those roots and all, and less personality, and less leadership. Also, Bigby didn’t have the benefit of being groomed behind a HOFer.

Only one thing is certain: neither could hit an open receiver.
    Aaron Rodgers is a pedophile? Oh wait, Love was a legal adult.

KYPack

can we ban Lil Wayne from leading the team onto the field again

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    can we ban Lil Wayne from leading the team onto the field again
    It’s an embarrassment that he’s even associated with the team

Man, Atari Bigby really shined for like a 16 week period over two years there. Dude had a hell of a minute there.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    MLF made comments about the growth process and knowing to get it out sooner against those kinds of defenses. Which is kind of strange to me, honestly, like he couldn’t have had that conversation before the game that maybe getting it out would be a good idea against these guys?? I don’t know, maybe love will “grow”, but it’s not a good sign that it wasn’t a priority point during the week and he had to get slapped around for a half to figure it out.

JT O’Sullivan has a really cool qb school thing he does on YouTube and patreon. He did 30 minutes on Love and said he should have been getting the ball out. So it wasn’t like we were imagining things there.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.