Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Packers vs Lions - Part 1

Jumbo Rat HOFer

More Banjo - Packers vs Lions - Part 1

What a horrible game. We got beat in all 3 phases of the game.

At least the team played hard in the 2nd half so the score wouldn’t look like a Dolphins Bronco game.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Joe Barry Still Sucks

Why do the Packers hate Aaron Jones on GameDay ?

Detroit is the real deal;

This is a year of adjustment for GB
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    I was at the game and was wondering why the Lions didn’t challenge the long completion to Reed at the end of the 3rd quarter.

It clearly looked to be after the clock was at zero live at the game. I know the NBA looks at all of those plays. Did the broadcast say anything about it?
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Can't put a challenge in on that; but you are right. Clock was clearly zero
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I thought I heard whistles.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Detroit certainly looks like they finally have turned things around. They are in year 3 of their rebuild. They were able to get a Super Bowl QB and 2 first round picks for him. On top of their shitty season a couple of years ago, they have had a ton of top 40 picks in the last few drafts to help them along.

-Tim Harmston

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Btw, that was a great catch by Reed. He had beat his man and the ball was a little under thrown. So he slowed down to use his body as a shield to keep the DB from being able to knock down the ball.

I wasn’t sure of the Reed pick when it happened. But I think he is going to have a really good career. Maybe James Jones type numbers. 60 catches, 800 yards, 5-10 TDs a year.

-Tim Harmston

No rushing plan or attack at all. Zero. Zilch.

Makes scheming for pass attack a lot easier for a Defense. With a huge lead.

Game was over by the 2nd Q.

Hats off to Detroit, they completely outplayed the Pack in every phase, I am hoping that they are for real and this isn't the norm for the Packers going forward. 2 games in a row of this shit so I don't know if this team is really just trash, i had really high hopes and they are quickly coming apart

The D missed Jaire for sure and Campbell being out didnt help. Stokes ever coming back?
    C.H.U.D.

Douglas looked like garbage - effort and execution. Wonder how his 1st half got rated.

Detroit: 43 rushes, 28 passes
    GB: 12 rushes, 36 passes

DET has won 6 division games in a row, and 4 straight vs. GB. They were a popular preseason pick to win the NFCN and they have the lead a quarter way thru the season.
    GB was 3-11 on 3rd down conversions and had a TOP of 22 minutes. That's not winning football on offense. The OL is playing a number of backups and the DET DL won that battle. This year the running game and OL were supposed to be the bedrock to support Love's first year as starter. So far he's been the one carrying the offense, and that's a tough ask. I'd have to go back and watch, but I think most of the sacks were more on OL blocking than Love, but he did hold the ball a bit -- the defense was probably giving him looks that made him pause and hold the ball. He'll watch the film and learn from it.

If you look at David Montgomery's numbers he averaged 3.8 ypc which isn't much but he kept churning out yards and they just wore down this team again. It's part coaching and part execution. I think they were in base a fair amount and still got handled by a very good if beat up DET OL. Missing Jaire and DeVondre hurt them.

Detroit beat this team last year twice, and probably got better in the offseason. I'm honestly not surprised GB lost, but I am disappointed that they got physically handled like that. I expect GB to be a rollercoaster and they have met that expectation. That game was a low point and I think they'll bounce back. A lot for them to learn and improve from on this one... including using Jones better and getting a faster start on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Detroit: 43 rushes, 28 passes
    GB: 12 rushes, 36 passes

DET has won 6 division games in a row, and 4 straight vs. GB. They were a popular preseason pick to win the NFCN and they have the lead a quarter way thru the season.
    GB was 3-11 on 3rd down conversions and had a TOP of 22 minutes. That's not winning football on offense. The OL is playing a number of backups and the DET DL won that battle. This year the running game and OL were supposed to be the bedrock to support Love's first year as starter. So far he's been the one carrying the offense, and that's a tough ask. I'd have to go back and watch, but I think most of the sacks were more on OL blocking than Love, but he did hold the ball a bit -- the defense was probably giving him looks that made him pause and hold the ball. He'll watch the film and learn from it.

If you look at David Montgomery's numbers he averaged 3.8 ypc which isn't much but he kept churning out yards and they just wore down this team again. It's part coaching and part execution. I think they were in base a fair amount and still got handled by a very good if beat up DET OL. Missing Jaire and DeVondre hurt them.

Detroit beat this team last year twice, and probably got better in the offseason. I'm honestly not surprised GB lost, but I am disappointed that they got physically handled like that. I expect GB to be a rollercoaster and they have met that expectation. That game was a low point and I think they'll bounce back. A lot for them to learn and improve from on this one... including using Jones better and getting a faster start on offense.
    They were on a limited play count.

https://clutchpoints.com/packers-new...ime-loss-lions

This team just can't seem to put it all together. I thought our OL would be a mega strong point, but instead we can't run the ball at all without Jenkins and Bak. We have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds next year and I hope they use all of them on OL. Walker is promising, but still needs help. If Jenkins can't stay on the field we are just dirt at LG. Myers can't run block a 12 year old. We need a heavy infusion of talent to turn the run game around.

And don't get me started on Joe Barry.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    This team just can't seem to put it all together. I thought our OL would be a mega strong point, but instead we can't run the ball at all without Jenkins and Bak. We have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds next year and I hope they use all of them on OL. Walker is promising, but still needs help. If Jenkins can't stay on the field we are just dirt at LG. Myers can't run block a 12 year old. We need a heavy infusion of talent to turn the run game around.

And don't get me started on Joe Barry.
    Problem with that is they also need a safety or 2, a running back, and probably a corner

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Hats off to Detroit, they completely outplayed the Pack in every phase, I am hoping that they are for real and this isn't the norm for the Packers going forward. 2 games in a row of this shit so I don't know if this team is really just trash, i had really high hopes and they are quickly coming apart
    I don't think you need to wonder if DET is for real. As you know, they beat KC on the road, too.

https://lombardiave.com/posts/packer...utm_source=RSS

Maybe there is hope.

edit: better link
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Btw, that was a great catch by Reed. He had beat his man and the ball was a little under thrown. So he slowed down to use his body as a shield to keep the DB from being able to knock down the ball.

I wasn’t sure of the Reed pick when it happened. But I think he is going to have a really good career. Maybe James Jones type numbers. 60 catches, 800 yards, 5-10 TDs a year.
    Dude I totally agree. He looks really good to me. I can't remember a rookie wideout impressing me so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I was at the game and was wondering why the Lions didn’t challenge the long completion to Reed at the end of the 3rd quarter.

It clearly looked to be after the clock was at zero live at the game. I know the NBA looks at all of those plays. Did the broadcast say anything about it?
    It was brought up a couple of times and they mentioned that the game clock is different than the play clock - it's not a matter of judgment on the part of the referee (the 'long zero' seen all the time), the play should be dead.

They also pointed out it could not be challenged and not re-viewable.

If the Pack had completed their comeback, the Lions fans would've quite rightfully lost their minds!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    I don't think you need to wonder if DET is for real. As you know, they beat KC on the road, too.
    KC had no receivers in that game so I am just not sure about how good the Lions actually are. The Packers gacked up a 12 point lead to the Falcons with 12 minutes left in the game, posted a big lead to the Saints and got lucky with the missed field goal & now this beatdown by Lions, it is starting to feel like this Packer team is not very good, just my opinion. Jordan Love looks promising and the past 2 drafts look decent so there is hope for the future, I guess I thought this might be a surprise year, not any more. My hope now is a DC fire and finally a decent defense hire, might not take long if we suffer threw a few more of games like this.