Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers vs. Raiders Discussion Thread

Packers vs. Raiders Discussion Thread

Packers lead all-time series 9-5. 1-0 in Super Bowl, 8-5 overall. Packers have won last 8 meetings.

Last meeting: October 20, 2019. Packers defeated the Oakland Raiders 42-24. Aaron Rodgers threw for 429 yards, passing for 5 TD's and running for 1. MVS caught 2 passes for 133 yards and 1 TD.

Raiders come into the game 1-3, their lone win week 1 vs Broncos. Jimmy Garoppolo in 3 games has thrown for 709 yards with 5 TD's and 6 INT's. He missed week 4 with a concussion. Rookie Aiden O'Connell started the last game, throwing for 238 yards. Josh Jacobs leads the Raiders with just 166 yards rushing, and just 2.7 YPC. Davante Adams leads the Raiders with 397 yards receiving and 3 TD's.

Offensively, Raiders rank 25th in points scored, 26th in yards gained. They rank 16th in passing yards and 32nd in rushing yards.

Defensively, Raiders rank 23rd in points allowed and 18th in yards allowed. Raiders have sacked opposing QB's 7 times, 4 by Maxx Crosby.

Most early lines have Packers favored by 2.

Moneyline: Packers -130, Raiders +110

Over/under: 44
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Packers should roll...almost a home game with all the packer fans likely to show up.
    C.H.U.D.

I am still a maybe on being there. I'll be the one wearing green and gold if you see me on TV.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I am still a maybe on being there. I'll be the one wearing green and gold if you see me on TV.
    Cheesehead?

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Cheesehead?
    Look for the balding but muscular middle age white guy in a Zach Tom jersey next to an Asian chick, and you’ll find Bobble.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 10-02-2023 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Insomnia.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Are peeps going?

The entire key to this game is blocking Crosby. We do that, we win.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

The Raiders don't have a running game, and 40% of the passing game is Adams. Double him and shut their offense down. This needs to be a clear win for the Packers. There's no reason a team that isn't terrible should lose to this Raiders team. Secondary needs to be ball-hawking because the Raiders QB's will throw picks.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Packers are the better team, and they should be rested.

Raiders cut Chandler Jones but Maxx Crosby is dangerous. Trevor Moehrig and Marcus Peters are good. Don't recall seeing Tyree Wilson.
    Their OL isn't that great from what I've seen either. Jimmy G will probably be the QB coming back from a concussion. Davante has a shoulder but he'll be highly motivated to play and play well. Jaire will be needed to play this game, and should make for an entertaining matchup.
    I think MLF is a better head coach than McDaniels.

Battle in the trenches, and whether a team uses quick passing game. If LV does, Rashan Gary won't get a sniff of Jimmy G and LV could give Barry's D problems. There are paths where LV could win, I am skeptical they will.

Don't turn the ball over, control the LOS, and cloud coverage on Adams. Should be a W for GB heading into the bye.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    The entire key to this game is blocking Crosby. We do that, we win.
    I don't think he kicks for the Raiders.

BWAHAHAHAHA!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Look for the balding but muscular middle age white guy in a Zach Tom jersey next to an Asian chick, and you’ll find Bobble.
    More accurate than I care to admit. Muscular, but still carrying an extra 20 pounds sadly.

Cornerback Eric Stokes is back on the practice field for the Packers.
    Stokes opened the season on the physically unable to perform list, so he was not eligible to get back on the field until this week. Reporters at Packers practice Tuesday noted that Stokes was on the field as the team began preparing for next Monday's game against the Raiders.
    Stokes last played in a game in November 2022 and will have three weeks to practice with the team before they must activate him or shut him down for the year. He can be activated at any point in that window.
    The Packers also got left guard Elgton Jenkins back on the field. Jenkins missed the last two games with a knee injury.
    Cornerback Jaire Alexander returned to practice last week, but was inactive last Thursday with a back injury. He also practiced on Tuesday, but the participation levels of all the Packers won't be known until the first injury report of the week comes out on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by jklowan View Post
    Cornerback Eric Stokes is back on the practice field for the Packers.
    Stokes opened the season on the physically unable to perform list, so he was not eligible to get back on the field until this week. Reporters at Packers practice Tuesday noted that Stokes was on the field as the team began preparing for next Monday's game against the Raiders.
    Stokes last played in a game in November 2022 and will have three weeks to practice with the team before they must activate him or shut him down for the year. He can be activated at any point in that window.
    The Packers also got left guard Elgton Jenkins back on the field. Jenkins missed the last two games with a knee injury.
    Cornerback Jaire Alexander returned to practice last week, but was inactive last Thursday with a back injury. He also practiced on Tuesday, but the participation levels of all the Packers won't be known until the first injury report of the week comes out on Thursday.

Well, if they can get through this game and eek out a win, then get Jenkins and Stokes and Alexander back, with Watson and Jones at full strength, we can get a better idea of how good this team could be next year.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Good news on the injury front. I think Stokes comes back for the Denver game after the bye. No point rushing him back and forcing a roster decision, plus Jaire is back.
    Jenkins, AJones, and Watson are also good news. If Jenkins and Tom can go that will help the OL. Now if Runyan can get healthy they'll have something workable. The OL they've trotted out lately isn't getting it done in run blocking and occasionally pass blocking.

Hard to nickel and dime teams to death. Need more big plays.

Missing Watson and Jones is going to hurt your big plays. I am curious, does that graph come in a version that shows big plays as a percentage of all offensive plays?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Good news on the injury front. I think Stokes comes back for the Denver game after the bye. No point rushing him back and forcing a roster decision, plus Jaire is back.
    Jenkins, AJones, and Watson are also good news. If Jenkins and Tom can go that will help the OL. Now if Runyan can get healthy they'll have something workable. The OL they've trotted out lately isn't getting it done in run blocking and occasionally pass blocking.
    I saw an article linked from Acme Packing Company suggesting the Raiders' anemic rushing attack might be just what the doctor ordered for the Packers' run defense.

I'll bet there's an article somewhere out in the desert suggesting the Packers' soft run defense might be just what the doctor ordered for the Raiders' anemic rushing attack...

I am hoping Alexander is back and feeling close to full strength, for the obvious reason that he's so damn good, but also because it'd be fun to see him matched up on Davante Adams.

KYPack

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Are peeps going?
    Get the fuck out of here with that lame bullshit!!! You talked all that shit all summer and then wimped out hard so why bother asking.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Are peeps going?
    There's an entire thread dedicated to this topic, but to save you the trouble the answer is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hard to nickel and dime teams to death. Need more big plays.

Well, you actually need a nickel or a dime. If you end up with pennies, then yes, the strategy fails.