Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs. Raiders Discussion Thread

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    More accurate than I care to admit. Muscular, but still carrying an extra 20 pounds sadly.
    Bobble, I ain’t get why you’re a “maybe” about attending this game. You realize that the Packers only visit Vegas once every 8 years, right? Ticket price should be chump change for a dude who makes high six figures.

I bet you’re so cheap, you don’t even own a Zack
    Tom replica. I am guessing you duct taped “Tom” onto the old Hawk Reebok jersey you purchased in ‘06.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 10-04-2023 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Watching YouTube clips about money laundering.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hard to nickel and dime teams to death. Need more big plays.

This kinda tells the offensive issues story for the year. Love pushes the ball down field more than most with a league leading depth of target, but also one of the lowest completion %. We try to create big plays in hte passing game, but dont connect often enough. This allows the opposing d to risk more to stop the run, which has been an effective strategy against us.

On the bright side we look better than the raiders here....
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Bobble, I ain’t get why you’re a “maybe” about attending this game. You realize that the Packers only visit Vegas once every 8 years, right? Ticket price should be chump change for a dude who makes high six figures.

I bet you’re so cheap, you don’t even own a Zack
    Tom replica. I am guessing you duct taped “Tom” onto the old Hawk Reebok jersey you purchased in ‘06.
    I don't own any jerseys to be honest. I don't like supporting the NFLs overpriced product. If a jersey was $25 I'd own a couple. $100 for a shirt...you're right, I'm cheap.

As for attending, I really prefer a party at the house to live games.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I don't own any jerseys to be honest. I don't like supporting the NFLs overpriced product. If a jersey was $25 I'd own a couple. $100 for a shirt...you're right, I'm cheap.

As for attending, I really prefer a party at the house to live games.
    C’mon, Bobble. We know, you dig that shit that the Fast and the Furious folks dig, that same shit that I ain’t got: family. But hombre, the Packers won’t be back in Vegas for another 8 years (preseason games don’t count). You can party with your family any time.

Take out your sumptuous wallet and get my ticket, airfare and hotel room at the Mirage ready. I’ll pay you back IF I crush 1-3.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Now Rudy Ford, too? Sheesh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Packers gotta be the least cautious team in the league on concussion protocol

Everyone else has guys sitting a game no matter what. Our guys are practicing the next day
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

It seems more like they are among the most hyper-cautious about bringing players back for all causes.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    It seems more like they are among the most hyper-cautious about bringing players back for all causes.
    One day we’re going to scan the injury report and see a Packer listed as “did not practice” due to hemmhoroids.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I hope all three of Runyan, Jenkins and Tom can go. Keeping Newman on the bench will be important.
    Rudy Ford is a little better than Owens.

I guess this is good timing for them to have a bye after LV

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I hope all three of Runyan, Jenkins and Tom can go. Keeping Newman on the bench will be important.

Yes, usually I don't the earlier byes, but in this case it might be good for a young team to catch its collective breath and be able to heal.

Like many of us, I will be interested to see what combination of guys trots out to the offensive line positions. Lots of possibilities there.

Jonathan Owens already has, I think, at least two special teams penalties this season. It'll be interesting to see how much drop-off there will be from Rudy.

And boy, hasn't Jones's hamstring just lingered and lingered, for a guy who said he barely tweaked it? I'd sure like to see MLF get Jones involved early and often.

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post

Owens would be better in run support.

Tom Silverstein
    @TomSilverstein

#Packers G Jon Runyan and S Rudy Ford return to practice. Only two who are out are ILB De’Vondre Campbell (ankle) and S Zayne Anderson (hamstring).

I think a key is returning Douglas to the status of #2 Corner - where he has shined. For some reason, last week and I think other times that the had to be top dog, he struggled. I want to see more of Valentine too.

Good if Ford can play. he was hustling all over the field. If he can't, though, I'm not sure Owens is the answer. In addition to the penalties, he seemed kinda stiff and maybe slow. I'd rather they get a little bit creative in passing situations and use one of the plethora of good Corners in deep coverage. With our D coaches, though, I doubt that happens.

I read an article that the Packers would maybe be open to trading A.J. Dillon. Good, although I doubt something like that happens during the season. I'd like to see more of an RB rotation with Dillon the 4th option after Jones, Wilson, and Taylor.

It's hard to figure how the Packers made it through a season with Newman starting and won a lot of games. I don't think he got damaged by injury, but for whatever reason, he has degenerated to playing like crap. Why? If they didn't think he could snap out of it, they probably would have cut him.

It seems like McDuffie has played good - at least as good as Campbell when he was in there. But who is the next man up if McDuffie or Quay gets hurt (or heaven forbid, kicked out hahaha)?

This is a game the Packers should win and really need to win if the season is gonna be close to as good as I think and hope. We've got a string of winnable games coming up and a strangely easy schedule in general. Let's not let any more of the games we should win get away.

Getting better.

I think a key is returning Douglas to the status of #2 Corner - where he has shined. For some reason, last week and I think other times that the had to be top dog, he struggled. I want to see more of Valentine too.

Good if Ford can play. he was hustling all over the field. If he can't, though, I'm not sure Owens is the answer. In addition to the penalties, he seemed kinda stiff and maybe slow. I'd rather they get a little bit creative in passing situations and use one of the plethora of good Corners in deep coverage. With our D coaches, though, I doubt that happens.

I read an article that the Packers would maybe be open to trading A.J. Dillon. Good, although I doubt something like that happens during the season. I'd like to see more of an RB rotation with Dillon the 4th option after Jones, Wilson, and Taylor.

It's hard to figure how the Packers made it through a season with Newman starting and won a lot of games. I don't think he got damaged by injury, but for whatever reason, he has degenerated to playing like crap. Why? If they didn't think he could snap out of it, they probably would have cut him.

It seems like McDuffie has played good - at least as good as Campbell when he was in there. But who is the next man up if McDuffie or Quay gets hurt (or heaven forbid, kicked out hahaha)?

This is a game the Packers should win and really need to win if the season is gonna be close to as good as I think and hope. We've got a string of winnable games coming up and a strangely easy schedule in general. Let's not let any more of the games we should win get away.
    Weirdly good post, Tex. Thoughtful. I'd agree with your comments on Douglas, and on Owens as well. And I don't know what's up with Campbell - he was so good that first season, and last season he was battling injury, but he still seems to my untrained eye to have been only a guy so far this year. The fact that Rolled Royce is still on the roster and even starting suggests we will be drafting more than one interior lineman next offseason. I could see two or three linemen, a couple of safeties, a couple of running backs.

And I'd agree too that this is one the Packers ought to win if the season is going to be even average.

Tex, when you're not calling people lily-livered assholes, or whatever it is you call them, you can actually be pretty sharp. Okay, outside of your manlove for Myers.

KYPack

Have I called you anything like that? I don't think so. I'm a counter puncher, and rest assured, anybody I've labeled that way showed massive symptoms of the dumbassery I've labeled them as.

Where you and I seem to disagree is you're talking about the season being "even average". I still see this team as loaded with talent, especially with Love playing so well. Take away Joe Barry's ineptitude, and there's no reason the team shouldn't be as good as just about anybody. Even with Barry, we've won a LOT of games, though, and I thoroughly expect that again. The whole league seems a little bit down this year, and the Packers schedule in particular seems conducive to having a damn good record. Losing to a team like the Raiders, though, would be a very bad sign. I don't think that's gonna happen.

Tex, you throw out shit at people in a way that many people think your talking about them. When called out you often chickenshit out and claim you're talking about someone else without naming anyone. Man up and rely to specific posts in the future rather than ambiguous statements like "sacred cow worshipers."

hahahahahahahahaha Is that what you think? That I might be talking about you? Well guess what ........ You're pretty high on the list. Is that specific enough for ya?

hahahahahahahahaha Is that what you think? That I might be talking about you? Well guess what ........ You're pretty high on the list. Is that specific enough for ya?
    How in the fuck do you pick sharpe out as being on the list of dumb asses? I can’t think of one time where it’s crossed my mind that he’s an idiot. Maybe he’s talking shit to you though. I generally chuckle at the shit talk and it’s not something I really note in my mind because I shrug it off as humor. That’s got to be it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.