Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Packers vs. Raiders Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Have I called you anything like that? I don't think so. I'm a counter puncher, and rest assured, anybody I've labeled that way showed massive symptoms of the dumbassery I've labeled them as.

Where you and I seem to disagree is you're talking about the season being "even average". I still see this team as loaded with talent, especially with Love playing so well. Take away Joe Barry's ineptitude, and there's no reason the team shouldn't be as good as just about anybody. Even with Barry, we've won a LOT of games, though, and I thoroughly expect that again. The whole league seems a little bit down this year, and the Packers schedule in particular seems conducive to having a damn good record. Losing to a team like the Raiders, though, would be a very bad sign. I don't think that's gonna happen.

MLF seems to think you can "take away Joe Barry's ineptitude," but I don't think that's going to happen. And you're not going to have this young offense able to cover for that, or help that defense much at all. And you saw what that looked like last year. Average. Last year's offense was old and slow, mostly, but to the same effect.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I don't think so either, but we did win 13 or 14 games a couple of years with Barry's D, bad as it was even then. We have probably better D personnel now than then, and I would argue pretty damn good on offense too, especially with Love seemingly panning out really good. With an easier schedule and maybe the whole league down a little bit, I don't see why we can't win almost that many again.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

About as good as we could have hoped for.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Oh hot damn, Eric stokes questionable…. I thought the gonorrhea rotted his foot off.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Remember when women used to post here and the woman claimed that a packers cornerback (house maybe) raped her and I read the details and was like, I don’t know, this lady seems like a savvy vet. I don’t know if I’m buying this rape story. And then she was found to be a prostitute and it was a lie. The women were having conniption fits that I didn’t believe the rape story

WTF does that have to do with the game coming up which is the point of the thread? Rough night?

Quote Originally Posted by Rastak View Post
    WTF does that have to do with the game coming up which is the point of the thread? Rough night?
    RG so excited about the game he forgot to take his meds.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Remember when women used to post here and the woman claimed that a packers cornerback (house maybe) raped her and I read the details and was like, I don’t know, this lady seems like a savvy vet. I don’t know if I’m buying this rape story. And then she was found to be a prostitute and it was a lie. The women were having conniption fits that I didn’t believe the rape story
    House was by all accounts a good, normal player. If he was single and chicks were throwing themselves at him, who’s to blame him for taking advantage?

I wish chick would throw themselves at me. Alas, as a burger flipper making $15/hr, I could work out 4 times a week and look like a young Brad Pitt and chicks would still avoid me like the fucking plague.

The player in question is actually Brandon Underwood. Underwood, a married man, solicited a couple of working women into his room at a Claymaker golf event. Underwood kicked them out after they tried to rob him. They then called the Five-0’s, accusing Underwood of sexual abuse. For whatever reason, the DA did not charge Underwood with sexual assault. Got hit with solicitation, though.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    House was by all accounts a good, normal player. If he was single and chicks were throwing themselves at him, who’s to blame him for taking advantage?

I wish chick would throw themselves at me. Alas, as a burger flipper making $15/hr, I could work out 4 times a week and look like a young Brad Pitt and chicks would still avoid me like the fucking plague.

The player in question is actually Brandon Underwood. Underwood, a married man, solicited a couple of working women into his room at a Claymaker golf event. Underwood kicked them out after they tried to rob him. They then called the Five-0’s, accusing Underwood of sexual abuse. For whatever reason, the DA did not charge Underwood with sexual assault. Got hit with solicitation, though.
    You should be the Packers gossip historian. The older you get, the more of a treasure you become for Packers nation.

I think it was a different - hey, there’s a squirrel!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Trevor Bauer called....he wants in on this discussion.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    You should be the Packers gossip historian. The older you get, the more of a treasure you become for Packers nation.
    I am, in fact, the self-anointed Packerrats Packers historian. I’ll be happy to yield anything prehistoric about the Packers to Patler, but anything historical after 9-20-92, I am an expert.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I am, in fact, the self-anointed Packerrats Packers historian. I’ll be happy to yield anything prehistoric about the Packers to Patler, but anything historical after 9-20-92, I am an expert.
    It might be the internet helping you out, but I appreciate you bringing up all sorts of fun facts that I forget to think about. You do it enough for me to see you as a historian. And it’s usually stuff that I can’t find humor in so it’s even better. Like, talking about stats and what not is alright, but the gossip column from the last 30 years is hilarious and much more fun.

Thought I’d just stop in and see what pre-excuses y’all were making for Love this week.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Thought I’d just stop in and see what pre-excuses y’all were making for Love this week.
    Seeing you bring back your passion will make love stinking worth it.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I would suggest ALL of you are careful with why you say if it is potentially slanderous. I have been contacted before regarding something posted requesting it’s removal or action.

So don’t be that guy. RG you best take your meds or take a break because you have been pushing your luck lately.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Well it’s gonna be obvious on this one dumbass. We’re gonna cry that Davante Adams isn’t on the Packers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Well it’s gonna be obvious on this one dumbass. We’re gonna cry that Davante Adams isn’t on the Packers.
    You goin to the ball game, Dawg?

Who knows how this game is going to go. Now that Jenkins and Runyan and Tom seem to be cleared, I'm less curious as to what version of the offensive line The Flower trots out there - it would appear Jenkins will play, so it'll probably be Walker-Jenkins-Myer-Runyan-Tom. Hope they stay healthy and play better. I'm aggravated at Jones's hammy - it would seem that thing is really just lingering, and I'm guessing he'll be lightly used again. But at least this time, MiLF, use Jones early on, for god's sake.

Defensively, it's the usual questions: can the defense stop the run? Can Slaton hold the middle? Will Rashan Gary crash inside over and over again and let Jacobs get outside? How many missed tackles will there be?

Davante is going to get his, I'd guess. He's just a pleasure to watch. Even if he's not in the Green and Gold. It would be fun if Alexander got locked up on him through the game, but apparently Joe Barely doesn't really work that way. I noted Jaire went out of his way to say he hopes he's assigned to shadow Adams, but he also supports and believes in the defensive game plan, whatever it is. Hmmm. I wonder if MLF has had a talk with certain guys and asked them to be publicly supportive. Maybe, in exchange, he'll fire Joe Barely after the season.

And can they please just plaster Jeanine Garrapolo tonight?

KYPack

Tom Pelissero
    @TomPelissero

Mentioned on #NFLPlus: #Packers RB Aaron Jones’ status for tonight remains up in the air, and at this point, it sounds unlikely he’ll go. He returned last week after missing two games and made the trip to Vegas. But he was limited in practice all week and isn’t 100%.