Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: The official Packers vs Raiders game day thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Well tonight you get to be right. He was awful. As of mobsters told him to throw the game or they would whack him bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    That should be a first.
    You are correct.

Guys jogging their routes.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Exciting finish.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Love not quite on.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

ALCO fantastic finishes.

Young and injured. Recipe for sucksess

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Young and injured. Recipe for sucksess
    Stupid excuses.

Defense is full of 1st rounders. Love’s in his 4th year. His picks are inexcusable.

I ain’t no fanboy of skinbasket, but he might be right about Love.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Meh. The offense is so young. What's the deal with the D, though? Time to reboot the D coaching staff and maybe some players too.

Jordan Love is probably better than he looked the past couple weeks and worse than we looked the first few. There are gonna be ups and downs and he needs to self scout and adjust now that teams have tape of him and understand his tendencies. There will be ups and downs.

I do think we've seen enough to know that he's not special though. He just isn't accurate enough.

You know what's weird, though? Why does everyone think that dude in San Diego is special when his team is perpetually ass? Is that boy Matty Stafford Jr? I could kinda see a little of that dude in J Love. He has a strong arm and will sling it around like the Charger but he seems less accurate to me.

Did Christian Watson wear a jockstrap or some panties? Good lord man, what a terrible level of effort.
    Last edited by call_me_ishmael; 10-09-2023 at 11:14 PM.

I feel like they had 11 days off. Each day off they found 3 things for love to work on. By the time the first snap came, Love had 33 new teaching points to employ. He was over thinking.

They won’t do that again in two weeks.

But he’s also probably not it.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Romeo Doubs is kind of reliable, but very underwhelming
    Watson is fast, but incredibly unreliable

Reed looks pretty fast and more reliable than Watson. But he’s small.
    Musgrave looks like he could be really good at TE

Jones is always injured, Dillon stinks

The OL is average

Love isn’t accurate, he gets confused and he throws a lot of picks.

This is very bad. Very, very bad. But the refs were out to get us. They didn’t want us to be able to throw screen passes to slow down 98. They took over the game and lost it for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Romeo Doubs is kind of reliable, but very underwhelming
    Watson is fast, but incredibly unreliable

Reed looks pretty fast and more reliable than Watson. But he’s small.
    Musgrave looks like he could be really good at TE

Jones is always injured, Dillon stinks

The OL is average

Love isn’t accurate, he gets confused and he throws a lot of picks.

This is very bad. Very, very bad. But the refs were out to get us. They didn’t want us to be able to throw screen passes to slow down 98. They took over the game and lost it for us.
    When you have no running game and the O line can’t block, Love’s performance is a reflection of that. He became hurried and tried to do too much. He lost a lot of the discipline he had in the first few games.

The receivers didn’t do a whole lot. When is the last time you saw them win the ball on a tight throw?

I don’t feel like we have an offensive identity right now. MLF seems to struggle finding a groove and making adjustments, but players aren’t executing what he calls anyway.
    Last edited by Teamcheez1; 10-10-2023 at 05:19 AM.

The Illuminati had their people scout the Raiders and found out screen passes really affect Crosby. They knew that was the key match up. So the refs took away our screen game and Crosby pinned his ears back. That’s what happened tonight. That’s the game.

I can’t really believe that Quay is the rock of the defense, but he is. The run defense seemed stout early in the game, but became a sieve the moment Walker went out. Leaving Preston Smith to cover Adams, an elementary level kind of mismatch we’ve seen far too many times, should end all doubt to MLF that Barry needs to go. Good NFL defenses do not do that kind of shit.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    Leaving Preston Smith to cover Adams, an elementary level kind of mismatch we’ve seen far too many times, should end all doubt to MLF that Barry needs to go. Good NFL defenses do not do that kind of shit.
    I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw PS covering Adams, there’s absolutely NO excuse for that.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I can’t really believe that Quay is the rock of the defense, but he is. The run defense seemed stout early in the game, but became a sieve the moment Walker went out. Leaving Preston Smith to cover Adams, an elementary level kind of mismatch we’ve seen far too many times, should end all doubt to MLF that Barry needs to go. Good NFL defenses do not do that kind of shit.
    He is big and willing to take on a G. Now he needs to stay on the field.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    He is big and willing to take on a G. Now he needs to stay on the field.
    He's tall, super athletic, rangy, fast, has some aggression.
    He struggles to take on and shed blocks, and his instincts aren't great.

He's a young player who should get better, I'm just not sure how much better. He's been pretty healthy and it sounds like he could be back for DEN. If they IR him then we'll know it's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    He's tall, super athletic, rangy, fast, has some aggression.
    He struggles to take on and shed blocks, and his instincts aren't great.

He's a young player who should get better, I'm just not sure how much better. He's been pretty healthy and it sounds like he could be back for DEN. If they IR him then we'll know it's worse.
    I disagree. He takes on and sheds blocks really well. He isn't Brian Noble, but in todays game he is as good as most. I think we have a player here. My comment about staying on the field is regarding silly ejections, injuries and just generally finding ways to be off the field so far in a very young career. I have really high expectations (similar to Gary, I hated the pick, but I have to bow to Gutes on this one).
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

It’s weird because when we got Davante on an edge we always felt like our offense moved around and put them in a bad alignment. But when someone gets us in a bad alignment on one play it’s complete defensive ineptitude.

Anyone got the scoop on Quay's injury, is he out long term? Starting to think this team stinks, crappy D and our O is just offensive to watch, kinda like water torture I imagine. I was hoping the O would gradually show improvement but it is not going that way. I mean the O looked better than last week but I am not sure if that is much of an improvement. All of Love's picks in this game were just terrible throws, not sure what he was throwing to.