Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
I'm not surprised by the inconsistency, but I am mildly surprised they lost to the Raiders. GB is the better team, talent wise. This was a game they should have won.
This one was more deflating than the DET loss, partly because the OL was so beat up, it was on a short week (Thu game) and DET is (right now) clearly the better team.

Dropped passes, bad/wrong routes, poor blocking. We got treated to a lot of BAD football last night.

The OL was better than vs. DET and Dillon ran better but still not good enough. They missed Aaron Jones, which is a little scary given his age, contract status, and vulnerability to injury. They really need to get another young dynamic back in the offseason, or get a lot better at blocking (both? both).

On the final INT, Love had Watson open but missed the window, and then when he did throw it he underthrew it (feet weren't set) badly. Watson has 7 inches taller than the CB and has like a 39" vert, you gotta chuck it farther dude. Watson wasn't in good position to break up that throw, it was so underthrown. This was not a good game for Love. The deflected INT was maybe excusable, but even then he's trying to fit it into a tight window. The others were bad throws, plain and simple.
For all the off-season hype, you'd think Romeo Doubs' picture was on the side of a milk carton. A couple of times Crosby timed the snap perfectly and made the OL look very silly. If your opponent has ONE good DL, you would think they'd scheme ways to nullify him. That definitely does NOT mean asking a rookie TE to block him one on one.

When you run for 3ypc and complete 50% of your passes, your offense is going to stink.

They did a decent enough job bottling up Davante, Preston's coverage notwithstanding. It's hard to tell if the Raiders O is that bad or if the GB defense played well (both? both.), but giving up 17 points should give you a win. The D wasn't great, but they didn't lose the game.

Whelan wasn't great, but how about Anders Carlson? (knock on wood) He's been pretty good so far and I hope that continues. Weather's just starting to turn colder, that's when we'll find out.

As I said, this was a game they should have won, and I think could haunt them later in the season should they somehow get in the playoff hunt. Not looking likely right now, they have a lot to work on -- both the coaches and players. Might not be the worst time for a bye, tbh.
Good post.