Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo - Bobble’s 2nd Favorite Team (Raiders)

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar

More Banjo - Bobble’s 2nd Favorite Team (Raiders)

This forum is unique in that we have Pack fans who also root for other NFL teams. We have Tex with the Cowfuckers, Fritz with the Pussies of Detroit, Kentucky with the Kentucky Pussycats, Bobble with the Black Hole Punks, among others. Hell, until Butte was lost for the season, I briefly rooted for the Gotham City Jesters.

Tanks (losers):

Love - Might be time to sink the Love boat for an exotic yacht in Sheduer Sanders. The son of my childhood idol, Neon Deion, trains with the GOAT, TB12. Imagine a more mobile version of TB12. They say you can’t teach accuracy - a QB either has it or he ain’t. Love ain’t got it. Love also has consistency and brainpower issues. Consistency and brainpower are certainly fixable. Remember a young Bert Favor? Inconsistent as poor Hamlet, dumb as Tony ODay; Favor fixed those shit up to become a 3X MVP despite frequent brain farts. But Tim Tebow was more accurate than Love, so…

Barry - Preston Smith vs Tae Adams. WTF? Expect to get this excuse from Barry: Packers were in the zone “Pistol Force” and 91 was the mismatch “bait”; if 17 opts outside, Douglas’ there a-waiting; a bomb route and the safety’s there; inside and the Mike or Matt will pick rock off; problem was, the Packers had their scrub Mikes or Matts in the game.

O-Yokozunas - none of these fat fucks could do shit about that drunk Serb wrecking havoc.

Teds (winners):

Nobody - Even if this Packer team could turn their foul shit into fruitful fertilizer after the bye, it still ain’t got the Kung Fu to topple bona fide contenders like the Chefs, 69ers, Marmen, Racist Italians (balding eagles). Might as well sink for Shedeur.

Btw: Harrell, seriously, take care of yourself, man.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Certainly not my 2nd favorite team. That aside, where to begin. We are watching a team where 10/11 players on offense are on rookie deals. They will be inconsistent. I won't bother with Barry as that horse is dead.

One of the Love picks was egregious. The final one, the DB stuck his hand in Watson's chest to push him away and get leverage for the pick. Clear as day PI that wasn't called.

At some point Love is going to have to decide its impossible to overthrow Watson and just let it fly. Trying to loft one in there isn't working. Let the guy run under a true bomb.

The D wasn't awful, but the Raiders offense is so take that for what its worth.

JH makes a valid point that the refs were strangely excited to call illegal man downfield on our screens. So much so that they botched the first one. More later. Dogs gotta walk, I need coffee and so on.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Certainly not my 2nd favorite team. That aside, where to begin. We are watching a team where 10/11 players on offense are on rookie deals. They will be inconsistent. I won't bother with Barry as that horse is dead.

One of the Love picks was egregious. The final one, the DB stuck his hand in Watson's chest to push him away and get leverage for the pick. Clear as day PI that wasn't called.

At some point Love is going to have to decide its impossible to overthrow Watson and just let it fly. Trying to loft one in there isn't working. Let the guy run under a true bomb.

The D wasn't awful, but the Raiders offense is so take that for what its worth.

JH makes a valid point that the refs were strangely excited to call illegal man downfield on our screens. So much so that they botched the first one. More later. Dogs gotta walk, I need coffee and so on.
    If it's possible the offense seems to be regressing. That was ineptitude of the highest (or lowest) order. Lots of it is rookies who make mistakes - I noticed both Kraft and Sims completely, completely whiffing on blocks a few times. Dropped passes. Love, well, it's hard to judge except that he sure can't throw the long ball.

The defense - giving up seventeen is no sin, but it's almost a certainty now that when the Packers (finally) score and get a lead, the defense will immediately allow the opponent to go down the field and score. That's deflating.

Rudy Ford isn't afraid to hit someone. Kesean Nixon isn't, either, but he plays poor angles in coverage. Who knew Quay Walker would be the heartbeat of that defense? I'm also bummed that TJ Slaton, for whom I had hopes, would turn into just a guy. Devonte Wyatt has been disappointing. This defense has no identity, zero. And yes, there's more on them because the offense is so poor.

I was also hopeful for Daniel Whelan, and maybe he'll develop as he is a rookie, but he's not been really good - and that's in the warmer weather.

We knew this would be rough. And it has been.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I'm not surprised by the inconsistency, but I am mildly surprised they lost to the Raiders. GB is the better team, talent wise. This was a game they should have won.
    This one was more deflating than the DET loss, partly because the OL was so beat up, it was on a short week (Thu game) and DET is (right now) clearly the better team.

Dropped passes, bad/wrong routes, poor blocking. We got treated to a lot of BAD football last night.

The OL was better than vs. DET and Dillon ran better but still not good enough. They missed Aaron Jones, which is a little scary given his age, contract status, and vulnerability to injury. They really need to get another young dynamic back in the offseason, or get a lot better at blocking (both? both).

On the final INT, Love had Watson open but missed the window, and then when he did throw it he underthrew it (feet weren't set) badly. Watson has 7 inches taller than the CB and has like a 39" vert, you gotta chuck it farther dude. Watson wasn't in good position to break up that throw, it was so underthrown. This was not a good game for Love. The deflected INT was maybe excusable, but even then he's trying to fit it into a tight window. The others were bad throws, plain and simple.
    For all the off-season hype, you'd think Romeo Doubs' picture was on the side of a milk carton. A couple of times Crosby timed the snap perfectly and made the OL look very silly. If your opponent has ONE good DL, you would think they'd scheme ways to nullify him. That definitely does NOT mean asking a rookie TE to block him one on one.

When you run for 3ypc and complete 50% of your passes, your offense is going to stink.

They did a decent enough job bottling up Davante, Preston's coverage notwithstanding. It's hard to tell if the Raiders O is that bad or if the GB defense played well (both? both.), but giving up 17 points should give you a win. The D wasn't great, but they didn't lose the game.

Whelan wasn't great, but how about Anders Carlson? (knock on wood) He's been pretty good so far and I hope that continues. Weather's just starting to turn colder, that's when we'll find out.

As I said, this was a game they should have won, and I think could haunt them later in the season should they somehow get in the playoff hunt. Not looking likely right now, they have a lot to work on -- both the coaches and players. Might not be the worst time for a bye, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I'm not surprised by the inconsistency, but I am mildly surprised they lost to the Raiders. GB is the better team, talent wise. This was a game they should have won.
    This one was more deflating than the DET loss, partly because the OL was so beat up, it was on a short week (Thu game) and DET is (right now) clearly the better team.

Dropped passes, bad/wrong routes, poor blocking. We got treated to a lot of BAD football last night.

The OL was better than vs. DET and Dillon ran better but still not good enough. They missed Aaron Jones, which is a little scary given his age, contract status, and vulnerability to injury. They really need to get another young dynamic back in the offseason, or get a lot better at blocking (both? both).

On the final INT, Love had Watson open but missed the window, and then when he did throw it he underthrew it (feet weren't set) badly. Watson has 7 inches taller than the CB and has like a 39" vert, you gotta chuck it farther dude. Watson wasn't in good position to break up that throw, it was so underthrown. This was not a good game for Love. The deflected INT was maybe excusable, but even then he's trying to fit it into a tight window. The others were bad throws, plain and simple.
    For all the off-season hype, you'd think Romeo Doubs' picture was on the side of a milk carton. A couple of times Crosby timed the snap perfectly and made the OL look very silly. If your opponent has ONE good DL, you would think they'd scheme ways to nullify him. That definitely does NOT mean asking a rookie TE to block him one on one.

When you run for 3ypc and complete 50% of your passes, your offense is going to stink.

They did a decent enough job bottling up Davante, Preston's coverage notwithstanding. It's hard to tell if the Raiders O is that bad or if the GB defense played well (both? both.), but giving up 17 points should give you a win. The D wasn't great, but they didn't lose the game.

Whelan wasn't great, but how about Anders Carlson? (knock on wood) He's been pretty good so far and I hope that continues. Weather's just starting to turn colder, that's when we'll find out.

As I said, this was a game they should have won, and I think could haunt them later in the season should they somehow get in the playoff hunt. Not looking likely right now, they have a lot to work on -- both the coaches and players. Might not be the worst time for a bye, tbh.
    Good post.

After the 3-picks abomination, I am sure ole Tex, much like myself, has given up on Love. As a burger flipper making $15/hr, Cupid’s arrow just won’t strike moi with the joy of amour.

He did miss the window on Watson, who was open, past the corner. Love waited too long.

And Dillon, well, for a second-round running back he sure looks like a seventh-round running back. He's not going to be back next year.

And Jones, as good as he is, well, I don't think he'll be back next year, either. He can't stay on the field and makes too much money to afford the luxury of an occasional weapon.

Doubs has disappeared - it's like last year - and the offensive line wasn't good - and that's with the preferred starters minus Bakhtieri. I am no expert, but Rasheed Walker is not looking like the LT of the future. But I'm no expert. Maybe he'll develop.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If it's possible the offense seems to be regressing. That was ineptitude of the highest (or lowest) order. Lots of it is rookies who make mistakes - I noticed both Kraft and Sims completely, completely whiffing on blocks a few times. Dropped passes. Love, well, it's hard to judge except that he sure can't throw the long ball.

The defense - giving up seventeen is no sin, but it's almost a certainty now that when the Packers (finally) score and get a lead, the defense will immediately allow the opponent to go down the field and score. That's deflating.

Rudy Ford isn't afraid to hit someone. Kesean Nixon isn't, either, but he plays poor angles in coverage. Who knew Quay Walker would be the heartbeat of that defense? I'm also bummed that TJ Slaton, for whom I had hopes, would turn into just a guy. Devonte Wyatt has been disappointing. This defense has no identity, zero. And yes, there's more on them because the offense is so poor.

I was also hopeful for Daniel Whelan, and maybe he'll develop as he is a rookie, but he's not been really good - and that's in the warmer weather.

We knew this would be rough. And it has been.
    The offense starts with Love, and Love just ain’t getting it done.

He did miss the window on Watson, who was open, past the corner. Love waited too long.

And Dillon, well, for a second-round running back he sure looks like a seventh-round running back. He's not going to be back next year.

And Jones, as good as he is, well, I don't think he'll be back next year, either. He can't stay on the field and makes too much money to afford the luxury of an occasional weapon.

Doubs has disappeared - it's like last year - and the offensive line wasn't good - and that's with the preferred starters minus Bakhtieri. I am no expert, but Rasheed Walker is not looking like the LT of the future. But I'm no expert. Maybe he'll develop.
    Doubs started the season with a 74 overall rating on Madden. He is now at 79. Dude’s improving. The problem ain’t Doubs. It’s Love.

Lost the turnover battle
    Lost time of possession

Two bad offenses showed up last night and someone had to win.

I’m not on the ‘Love is done’ boat - but 50% completion rate isn’t going to cut it.
    We missed Jones a lot. Dillon has regressed and Taylor didn’t make a case to move beyond Jones.
    Losing Savage and Walker hurt.

We got lucky on 2 missed FGs but should’ve scored a TD on the horse collar.

Early bye week might be what this teams needs. And either way - maybe Barry finally gets canned this year.

I stand by my 6-7 win prediction at this point.

The OL isn't run blocking very well, Dillon doesn't have great vision, and a lot of the run calls MLF makes don't use Dillon the best. It's not all one thing, which is a good description for almost every facet of this team.
    The OL and run game was supposed to be something Love could lean on this year (and supposedly the defense too, but we've heard promises of good defense before) and that hasn't been the case. I'm not surprised he's struggling, but it's still hard to watch.

Accuracy has never been Love's best attribute, MLF could try to scheme some easier/better throws to get him and the offense into a rhythm. I don't think Love is a bad QB, and it's still early but I am growing skeptical of him being the long-term starter for GB.

Joe Barry makes some weird calls and I don't know if the players either aren't coached to call adjustments or what, but putting Preston on Davante is a glaring example of setting players and entire units to fail. There are times he's called good games -- the defense still has to shed blocks and tackle, but next year's DC (spoiler alert: it won't be Joe Barry) needs to be smarter. Most schemes can be stolen and reused, but being able to think on your feet and identify the other team's weaknesses and exploit them in real time (as well as tailor your scheme to the players' strengths) are what sets the good from the bad.

Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Sounds like Quay Walker (knee) and Darnell Savage (calf) avoided serious injuries last night in Las Vegas. Packers coach Matt LaFleur said they could potentially be back for the Denver game after this week's bye
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    After the 3-picks abomination, I am sure ole Tex, much like myself, has given up on Love. As a burger flipper making $15/hr, Cupid’s arrow just won’t strike moi with the joy of amour.
    $15 an hour now? That's twice as much for you to gamble away than before hahahaha.

Weird as you are, I honestly have more respect for you and your posting than many in here, on this end of the forum anyway - the unmentionable area, not so much (runpMc, Joe, maybe fritz, and on a good day, RG being among not many exceptions).

No, I have to disagree with you on this one. I have not lost confidence in Love. It took me a while to come around to supporting him, and I'm not ready to pull the plug after what we've seen yet.

I've generally been too pissed off and depressed to even post since the Monday night debacle, and I'm not gonna say much now. Just this: it seems to be, this week and every week defenses playing against the Packers give the ilusion of having about 15 people out there, covering every square inch of ground in the secondary, doubling up most of our receivers most of the time, who;e still having the line and linebackers loaded up to put on a decent pass rush and stop our run game. Meanwhile, Joe Barry's D leaves huge holes in coverage, has a LOT of near misses, not getting to the QB, and most games not being able to stop the run, even though our D is loaded talent-wise. Are all those other D Coordinators THAT good compared to Barry, or what?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rob Demovsky
    @RobDemovsky

Sounds like Quay Walker (knee) and Darnell Savage (calf) avoided serious injuries last night in Las Vegas. Packers coach Matt LaFleur said they could potentially be back for the Denver game after this week's bye
    So out for the next 3 games following the bye.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    So out for the next 3 games following the bye.
    That would be in line with how it's gone.

Season is close to slipping away - they've got to right the ship after the bye. Or the week after that.

I'd love to see them get better as the season goes, so we can at least think they're on the right track.

KYPack

MiLF has fat mike syndrome as well. We came out and flat out Marty Schottenheimered them to start the 3rd quarter. Serious smash mouthed our way to a TD. Then we preceded to go back to what wasn't working in the first half. Kyle Shannahan would have called 37 straight run plays if necessary.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    That would be in line with how it's gone.

Season is close to slipping away - they've got to right the ship after the bye. Or the week after that.

I'd love to see them get better as the season goes, so we can at least think they're on the right track.
    Looking at the schedule we have @Denver and Minn. That should be a couple of games we could win. Then the Rams at home. Not sure about the Rams this year.

Then we really get into the meat of the schedule. @Pitt, Chargers, @Det, KC. That is going to be a really tough 4 week stretch.

We finish @Giants, Tampa, @Car, @Minn, Chi.

I am guessing we finish around 7-10. If we get out shit together, we could finish 10-7.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Also, while I'm at it, this is the result of "cooking the cap". So tex and apb can have some fun telling me how wrong I am now.

Also, while I'm at it, this is the result of "cooking the cap". So tex and apb can have some fun telling me how wrong I am now.
    LOL

When you have 53% of your cap playing in the games, you either have atrocious luck or an overcooked cap. It's like being in a boxing match with one arm.

As for the upcoming schedule, I was hoping they'd win this and the Denver games so they could bank some early half season wins because there is a tough stretch before it eases up. Between 7 and 10 wins has been the general consensus all year.

MiLF has fat mike syndrome as well. We came out and flat out Marty Schottenheimered them to start the 3rd quarter. Serious smash mouthed our way to a TD. Then we preceded to go back to what wasn't working in the first half. Kyle Shannahan would have called 37 straight run plays if necessary.
    I have to agree here. We've seen that - Shanahan will run something and run it and run it if it's working, the hell with balance and all that. Even Aikman commented on the fact that offensive linemen build on that success and like being aggressive, so . . . . why not just keep doing it until it don't work no more?

KYPack