Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    From a Steelers article in 2019 assessing lineman, all pro and pro bowlers along with draft position.

Tldr, if you need to find a top prospect OL - draft them early.

https://steelcityblitz.com/where-to-...-in-the-draft/
    To paraphrase Tex, who gives a fuck about the other teams? Ever since Wolf took over as GM, the Packers have been miserable at drafting Yokozunas in the first round - that is a fact.

Clifton, Tausher, Bak, Lang, Sitton, Wells, Linsley, hell, even the Fucking Center, among others, weren’t 1st rounders. If German Shepherd is smart, he’ll heed historical data, 1992-onwards, and refrain from drafting an offensive lineman in the first round in the upcoming draft. Avoid a defensive tackle like the plague, too.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    To paraphrase Tex, who gives a fuck about the other teams? Ever since Wolf took over as GM, the Packers have been miserable at drafting Yokozunas in the first round - that is a fact.

Clifton, Tausher, Bak, Lang, Sitton, Wells, Linsley, hell, even the Fucking Center, among others, weren’t 1st rounders. If German Shepherd is smart, he’ll heed historical data, 1992-onwards, and refrain from drafting an offensive lineman in the first round in the upcoming draft. Avoid a defensive tackle like the plague, too.
    Except they haven't been terrible. You have shown some success in other rounds. That doesn't make them terrible in the 1st. I broke down the ones you named. It wasn't a bad success rate.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.