Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Is Coach coming with him?
    Coach Prime said he couldn’t see himself coaching in the NFL cos his sumptuous ego wouldn’t mash well with the sumptuous egos in the league. But everyone has a price, so we’ll see.

The Sanders, much like Tony ODay, are pompous mofos. They think they shit gold and are winners in every walk of life.

Love’s game ain’t inspiring but much respect to the dude for his humbleness. Still, the mission of every jock has always been pomp. Can’t be pomp if you ain’t winning, and winning ain’t everything, it’s the only fucking shit that matters, to paraphrase the famous hot-tempered Italian coach.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 10-14-2023 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Playing Madden online with the Fins, cos, Love’s accuracy sucks in the game.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Coach Prime said he couldn’t see himself coaching in the NFL cos his sumptuous ego wouldn’t mash well with the sumptuous egos in the league. But everyone has a price, so we’ll see.

The Sanders, much like Tony ODay, are pompous mofos. They think they shit gold and are winners in every walk of life.
    Deion is a complete self-creation who was a decade ahead of his time in generating his own hype. I think he's an exceptional athlete who improves his skills and tactics and is a supportive teammate when the red light is off.

But take anything he says or does in public with a big ol' salt lick.

If Deion was speaking from the heart, then I think he's living in the past. There are a lot fewer walking soundbites than there were during his era. Kids These Days are a lot more risk-averse than when he was running picks into the endzone. Nowdays, it seems like everyone as a whole is still competitive, but less edgy and attention-seeking.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.