Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    what exactly do we need at LB?

i'm guessing quay is still the MLB, is that still a sideline to sideline enforcer type like urlacher? or is it something different? or does he play one of the other two spots like WLB?

are weakside and strongside still a thing like they were when we last ran the 4-3? weakside = playmaker, strongside = thumper

or is that not a thing anymore,

what would the safety/LB hybrid play? is that the MLB?

what kind of player exactly do we need for those 2 spots?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what exactly do we need at LB?

i'm guessing quay is still the MLB, is that still a sideline to sideline enforcer type like urlacher? or is it something different? or does he play one of the other two spots like WLB?

are weakside and strongside still a thing like they were when we last ran the 4-3? weakside = playmaker, strongside = thumper

or is that not a thing anymore,

what would the safety/LB hybrid play? is that the MLB?

what kind of player exactly do we need for those 2 spots?
    Hard to say for sure because we haven't seen his defense yet, but most people seem to think he's looking for LBs along the lines of San Francisco's group - think Warner, Greenlaw, and Al-Shaair before he left. And he's stated that he prizes Quay highly. So fast, aggressive, hard-hitting LBs, with a mix of coverage skills and run-stopping ability.

Pretty much the universal model for the ideal linebacker; I guess the "type" he wants is "best possible all-around LB he can get".