Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
Trading some of your pricey, established and aging starters is the only way you can 'tank' and not completely lose your locker room. I still doubt they do much though. Preston would cost a bunch to trade and I don't think you get a lot back. Maybe a late Day 3 pick? I'd rather keep him for the 30 snaps a gae he could play setting the edge. LVN isn't ready yet, Gary is almost off the pitch count but wants a Brinks truck extension, and Enagbare can't stop the run. I think he has more value to GB than say JAX.

The other thing is few GMs and even fewer coaches survive a tank season and make it to the other side. Tanking often comes down from the owner, and GB is a little different that way. I don't think after the success they've had in the last 30 years tanking is something they'd even consider.

If you go into tank mode barely halfway into your season, that's a bad look for fans and players.
Getting rid of coaches and GMs without giving them a chance to rebuild comes down from owners as well. Gutes and MiLF can survive it....and will.