Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Great post Red. I've been thinking about this factor and how it affects QB's. The old rule of thumb is that about 40% of #1 picks become good starters. This factor is even worse when it comes to QB's. 70% of no 1 QB's aren't worth the powder to blow them to hell.

It's even a greater risk when you consider all the value of those high picks. Those high busts are a double whammy. You get nothing for the selection and your team is divided and in a worse boat than before the draft. Hell, the Jones pick cost one of the all time great coaches to lose his job! (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

You had a vintage year (2020) followed by a death year (2021)

No rhyme or reason there.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    You had a vintage year (2020) followed by a death year (2021)

No rhyme or reason there.
    There is rhyme and reason for 2021 being a bad year. Given how a lot of players stayed an extra year, and scouting was limited in the previous year, it was a terribledraft all around. I don't know if any of the 2020 hits came out earlier because of the pandemic, but 4 good QB's in the first round is a lucky draft regardless.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    There is rhyme and reason for 2021 being a bad year. Given how a lot of players stayed an extra year, and scouting was limited in the previous year, it was a terribledraft all around. I don't know if any of the 2020 hits came out earlier because of the pandemic, but 4 good QB's in the first round is a lucky draft regardless.
    Yer right. That is a reason, Mad. Now what's the rhyme?