Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
Doesn't matter to me if they take an OL in R1 or not. It's more important that they bring in competition and depth. Even if Sean Rhyan takes the next step and is an average NFL starting RG, they are one injury away from playing Royce Newman.

Go back and watch how the OL blocked in the LV game. They had some bad early season performances, including when Dillon basically ran into the back of Jenkins and got him hurt. They can and should absolutely get better with drafting and coaching.

I think it's highly likely they do spend a R1 on OL. It's a virtual lock that they will pick an OL before Round 4, possibly more. 5 top 100 picks in a draft with good OL depth? You know Gute is shopping there. (I think they will take a flier on one or two on Day 3)

If they sign Love to a $50M/year deal and have Josh Jacobs signed to all that money, you darn better invest in an OL to block. Your star QB gets hit and injured, your season is sunk.
Au contraire to your last line, say Deputy Nutz and Tex. Sean Clifford is sitting on the bench, awaiting his chance at stardom.