Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dov Kleiman
    @NFL_DovKleiman

Wow: The belief amongst executives in the NFL who know #Commanders GM Adam Peters is that he will draft J.J. McCarthy at #2 overall.

If true, this would open things up for the Vikings to trade up to 5 and take Daniels or Maye.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Dov Kleiman
    @NFL_DovKleiman

Wow: The belief amongst executives in the NFL who know #Commanders GM Adam Peters is that he will draft J.J. McCarthy at #2 overall.

If true, this would open things up for the Vikings to trade up to 5 and take Daniels or Maye.
    I find it hard to believe much Dov says is true, until it's confirmed elsewhere. Also, this smells to me like prime pre-draft cow manure packaged up and whispered along as rumor to media.
    There's no way you take McCarthy over Maye unless your personnel department has been heavily drinking for 72 hours. Maye is a better prospect by a not-small margin.

Also, if WFT takes McCarthy and MIN somehow trades up to draft Maye, look out. I have some faith that CHI will screw up Caleb, but a half competent team could develop Maye into a franchise QB. I think McCarthy is ok but I also think he could easily get overdrafted.
    Presumably if WFT take McCarthy then Eliot Wolf will sprint the Maye card up to the podium for NE. All the same, I don't believe any rumors right now... everyone is lying why they open their mouths.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post

Dov Kleiman
    @NFL_DovKleiman

i thought JJ WAS the vikings target and the guy they fell in love with?