Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blake Watson is an interesting Day 3 prospect at RB.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
    Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
    An instinctive runner, Watson has a knack for setting up defenders and making people miss in space. He’s at his best in space and on the perimeter, where he shows the balance and acceleration, plus pure speed, to make a move and then take off.
    Watson is an electrifying player, one of college football’s best playmakers in space
    His competitiveness and knack for high-pointing the ball allow him to play bigger than his size.
    Watson finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
    He’s a natural pass catcher, at his best pulling in swing passes and heading upfield. He’s a natural in the screen game as well. His hands are good enough that he can line up in the slot.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
    Watson seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Watson doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
    Watson isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.
    Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.

Listed at 5-9, 189 pounds with 4.5 40. Ran reported 4.3 at Pro Day

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Blake Watson is an interesting Day 3 prospect at RB.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
    Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
    An instinctive runner, Watson has a knack for setting up defenders and making people miss in space. He’s at his best in space and on the perimeter, where he shows the balance and acceleration, plus pure speed, to make a move and then take off.
    Watson is an electrifying player, one of college football’s best playmakers in space
    His competitiveness and knack for high-pointing the ball allow him to play bigger than his size.
    Watson finishes runs well and flashes the ability to get small and squeeze through traffic.
    He’s a natural pass catcher, at his best pulling in swing passes and heading upfield. He’s a natural in the screen game as well. His hands are good enough that he can line up in the slot.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
    Watson seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Watson doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
    Watson isn’t going to overwhelm opposing defensive backs with speed and athleticism.
    Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.

Listed at 5-9, 189 pounds with 4.5 40. Ran reported 4.3 at Pro Day

I watched about 3 minutes, and I really liked it. He wasn't even on my radar which goes to the point I always make about finding good RBs at all points of the draft. This line "Watson seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Watson doesn’t make the effort to create separation." was interesting to me. What I saw was a guy with phenomenal vision. He just seems to know which way to cut to avoid the bulk of defenders. When the hole was right there he shot through it, but when it wasn't he found the crease. Very Jones like.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.