Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thats kinda funny. Must have been an oversight...or assuming the bears will ruin him before camp starts.

I've come full circle on DeJean. If you look at him as a slot safety he's everything they wanted Savage to be. I have seen a lot of trade up scenarios and Gutes probably will after the run last year. Every GM and fan thinks they are one player away. Best move is stay put, take the BPA and move forward.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I’ve come around to being on board with an offensive tackle in the first round for a couple of reasons.

Tom would very likely be an elite guard. If we somehow landed an elite tackle, our offensive line is much improved for two years.

The other reason is that I think Walker is criminally underrated by Packer fans. He very well could and probably will command a larger contract than Zach Tom. We really aren’t going to be able to pay both in two years so having 3 additional rookie contract years on an upper tier starting tackle will be huge a couple years from now on top of improving the line immediately.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’ve come around to being on board with an offensive tackle in the first round for a couple of reasons.

Tom would very likely be an elite guard. If we somehow landed an elite tackle, our offensive line is much improved for two years.

The other reason is that I think Walker is criminally underrated by Packer fans. He very well could and probably will command a larger contract than Zach Tom. We really aren’t going to be able to pay both in two years so having 3 additional rookie contract years on an upper tier starting tackle will be huge a couple years from now on top of improving the line immediately.
    They have never shied away from paying good players on the OL. It's hard to pay them all at the same time, though, but they paid good money for Sitton and Lang, Linsley, Bulaga, etc. My guess is they would pay their tackles and and one interior OL. You obviously can't pay them all top dollar.