Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
BPA all the way, of course, but I think they will (and should) lean heavily towards OL, S and RB. I wouldn't be shocked to see them take a chance on a Day 3 corner.

I'm out on Brealon Allen. Big RBs like him rarely succeed, and I'm not sure what he does that is better than AJ Dillon. What traits does he have that are better than Dillon? Both are big dudes who run upright. The NFL DLs are bigger and stronger than any on the college level.
I wouldn't touch a RB before R3 unless they were near-generational level. The opportunity cost at other positions is pretty high. Was Dillon worth a R2 pick? Would you feel better if he were a R3 or R4 pick? I'd be fine with them not taking a Day 2 RB, especially if it meant finding the next Nick Collins, Mike McKenzie or a James Jones. It won't matter who they have at RB if their run blocking doesn't improve.
BPA? Does Braelon Allen's middle name start with P? ....... Just kidding. I know you mean Best Player Available, and I tend to agree. It's just that there are a helluva lot of position groups where the Packers are set right now. I also do not dislike the idea of getting this DeJean guy. Iowa players seem to be successful in the NFL more often than some others.

About Braelon Allen, though, what does he have that Dillon doesn't? Breakaway speed. I haven't seen a 40 time on him, but when healthy, he's left a lot of defenders in the dust. And that's not a knock on Dillon, who has been really upping his game lately. And I said, 2nd, not 1st round. He might even fall to the 3rd. I say all of this as somebody who for a long time has opposed drafting a RB early. This year, though, it seems to be at or near the top of the needs the Packers have.