as it stands now, they need bodies at safety, cornerback, off ball LB, RB, and on the OL.

- they have Anthony Johnson Jr., Zayne Anderson and Bennie Sapp III at safety. Enough said.

- they have Jaire, Stokes, Valentine, and two PS guys at CB. Sure they could sign Keisean, but do you want him as your slot corner? Maybe as your CB5, sure, but after seeing him play slot this year they can do better. Over the last two seasons Jaire and Stokes have missed more games than Christian Watson, trusting them to hold up and play well is folly.

- Assuming they dump DeVondre, they have Quay and McDuffie, and I think McDuffie is more super-sub than starter. I keep hearing Quay is a prototype Will, but don't they have to cover? I'm not sure Quay is great at coverage. I can't help but think they also need a glass eating ass kicker in the middle who will absolutely destroy running backs, but that might be my own fatigue at watching Joe Barely run defense.

- Aaron Jones needs a contract adjustment. Aften that they have nobodies. Jones should be a sparkplug RB2 who get 15 touches a game at most. RBs get hurt, and Jones is getting old. I could see them doing what they did when they drafted Williams/Jones/Mays in one draft.

- As for OL, Bahktiari situation is a mess but he's probably gone. That leaves you with little depth at OT. Moving Jenkins has had mixed results, and that means you're putting Newman in. They might have a starting five with Walker-Jenkins-Myers-Rhyan-Tom, but there's no depth behind those guys you'd feel great about starting if an injury strikes... and it will. Someone on the OL is going to miss a game or two. Protecting Jordan Love and improving the run game should be priorities for this team.

- Those are the areas of need, outside those they could certainly pick an EDGE to hold things down until Enagbare is back. Maybe that's Brenton Cox or Keyshawn Banks, but are you going to go with that? Gute will look at BPA, but I'd expect it will be with a preference to position of need. Regardless, another draft that gets knocked out of the park could set this team up for long term success.