Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
Defensively, Pickett might’ve been the best 1st round Yokozuna to don the Green and Mustard Yellow, 1992-onwards, and he wasn’t even drafted by the Packers. Packers were fine and dandy with players like Brown, Dotson, Jenkins, Jolly and even the original Cletidus.

Sure, there are busts at every position. But the kung fu between a Butte and a, say, Hundley is more profound than that of a Cletidus and the rook who wore 94 for the Packers last season. In other words, the Packers should refrain from drafting offensive linemen and fat defensive linemen in the 1st round.
Pickett, of course, was a first round pick of somebody else, not the Packers. I'm generally in agreement with you about the "yokozuma" thing. I absolutely do not want a first round O Line pick, probably ever. D Line on the other hand is not a never-do thing in the first round, but for this year, we're pretty solid there already thanks to getting lucky with our 4th and 6th rounders last year. That plus my obvious disagreement with you about Kenny Clark. My position on the O Line, which many in here probably disagree with, you I'm not sure, APB, is that O Line is basically not very important. You can get by with mediocrity there if you have excellence at the "skilled" positions. That has been the situation with the Packers for decades, the quality level of the O Line and people like Bakhtiari being magnified way out of proportion in people's eyes by the quality of our QBs, RBs, and WRs. While really bad O Linemen like Marshall House can make a negative difference, merely mediocre O Linemen are plenty good enough, making it unnecessary and stupid IMO to draft an O Lineman in the first round.