Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Scarcity at LB in the draft is less real than imagined. Some teams like SF can identify and develop talent there. Others can't. We'll see if it changes with Hafley. There are viable LBs coming out -- maybe not superstars, but guys Hafley can make work.

Kind of like GB with linemen and receivers (not to mention QB1s). The real problem is developing guys coming out. Some teams do, others don't. GB has a few weaknesses over the years; better than most teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaire View Post
    Scarcity at LB in the draft is less real than imagined. Some teams like SF can identify and develop talent there. Others can't. We'll see if it changes with Hafley. There are viable LBs coming out -- maybe not superstars, but guys Hafley can make work.

Kind of like GB with linemen and receivers (not to mention QB1s). The real problem is developing guys coming out. Some teams do, others don't. GB has a few weaknesses over the years; better than most teams.
    I agree. Payton Wilson is the wildcard for me. He played the last 2 seasons without injury and had insane production then put up elite combine numbers. If he had zero injury history why wouldn't he be comped as a bigger Devin White or Devin Bush? He is older, but if you look at him as a 2 contract guy you are still done with him right around his age 30/31 season. They grabbed Wyatt at the end of the first. While the age/injury doesn't have him as a top 10 like the Devin's, everything else about him is comparable. If Gutes wants to finish the transition to 4-3 he could pull that trigger, or even trade back with the intention of pulling it.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.