Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Packers currently with the 8th pick. There are actually 8 teams at 2-3, but Packers have had the weakest SOS of those 8 teams.

Packers have not had the 8th pick since 1956 when they drafted HB Jack Losch. Losch played 1 year for the Packers. He rushed 19 times for 43 yards, caught 7 passes for 85 yards, fumbled 3 times, and completed 1 pass for a 63 yard TD. He finished his career with a 158.3 passer rating.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Joe Alt, here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Joe Alt, here we come!
    Could be. Looks like a strong year at OT. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/big_board
    Last edited by Joemailman; 10-10-2023 at 08:38 PM.

And they have the 42nd (Jets) and 47th picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    And they have the 42nd (Jets) and 47th picks.
    Load up on offensive linemen, inside and out (including a center), a couple of safeties, a couple of running backs. And maybe a big man inside who can make a difference and not be a JAG.

That'll suck up most if not all the picks.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Never mind; what Fritz said.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Junior Rat Rookie
    Good article on offense $$ value and why we will be drafting high =. https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...an-the-packers

I generally like the talent on this team. If we get a high pick I would think a LT would have to be on the short list. Hopefully we feel comfortable with Love by seasons end. I want BPA to dictate the picks, but I would really like to leave the first 2 rounds with 2 OL and a S.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Draft a LT 1st round (if value available), move Tom to C and move Walker to RT. Or draft a 2nd OT.

BPA, outside that....OT, S, RB, IOL.
    Maybe slot corner, ILB (depends on DeVondre's health&contract), run stuffing DL

I think they will take a very long look at OT, even though they have like 6 on the roster.

Way too early to worry about draft positioning, but I don't think they are going to have a shot at Maye or Caleb.
    Maybe Michael Penix, although his age/injury history is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    BPA, outside that....OT, S, RB, IOL.
    Maybe slot corner, ILB (depends on DeVondre's health&contract), run stuffing DL

I think they will take a very long look at OT, even though they have like 6 on the roster.

Way too early to worry about draft positioning, but I don't think they are going to have a shot at Maye or Caleb.
    Maybe Michael Penix, although his age/injury history is scary.
    Isn't his name the scariest thing about him? What if they draft him and you're in the stands, looking down at the two Green Bay quarterbacks standing next to one another, and then you see the back of the jerseys: Penix Love. or Love Penix.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    I see I'm the only one who wants a Hall of Fame Wide Receiver

How about a QB that is accurate and can actually throw a deep ball ? )
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Isn't his name the scariest thing about him? What if they draft him and you're in the stands, looking down at the two Green Bay quarterbacks standing next to one another, and then you see the back of the jerseys: Penix Love. or Love Penix.
    You need to calm down
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I see I'm the only one who wants a Hall of Fame Wide Receiver

How about a QB that is accurate and can actually throw a deep ball ? )
    Brestky, nobody here would bitch if Marvin Harrison Jr. fell to the Packers. It's just that most people think he's about a top-four pick, and most people here don't think the Packers will be quite that bad. Most of us are thinking they'll be picking between ten and fifteen. Or so.

KYPack

I wouldn't be sad if GB took MH2 in the draft, I don't think it will happen -- they haven't taken a R1 WR in ages and they likely won't be drafting that high. There's a lot of football left to play this season for the youngsters to learn and improve. Personally I think Reed and Wicks (with time) could be very good, and we haven't seen DuBose.

I think having a QB that is more accurate in more areas of the field would be a huge benefit to this team. Accuracy was a question in CFB and that continues in the pros. My guess it will improve a bit, but will always be an issue and they'll look to move on eventually.
    It would not shock me if they took a QB with one of their R2 picks, a la Brian Brohm. Maybe JJ McCarthy, Cameron Ward... someone like that if they are around when they pick. Sean Clifford is a nice backup, but you need better as a starter.

If this team truly is going to be a Shanahan-type of offense, they need to get their running game going, so I think they'll focus there -- OL and RB... and they have basically nothing except Anthony Johnson Jr. at S long-term so they will draft and sign via FA there.
    Shanahan offenses have players with after-catch/after-contact ability, I think that will matter as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The lineup of Romeo, Love, Penix would be fucking awesome. I'd buy all 3 jerseys just to hang them on my wall in that order. Can we trade for Hendon Hooker?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Played out my first mock draft simulator just to see how things would fall at this point. Here's how I came out:

8: Joe Alt OT
    42: TreVeyon Henderson RB
    47: Tyler Nubin S
    78: Donovan Jackson IOL
    113: Cam Ward QB
    135: Malachi Moore S
    149: Chris Braswell Edge
    189: Devin Neal RB
    217: Jonah Monheim OT
    219: Tate Ratledge IOL
    231: Danny Stutsman LB

The Packers will be much better later in the season but probably lose some close games and end up about 5-11. They will pick like #7-#10 probably. Way too soon to be itno the draft, the season just started!

Drafting O Line early, first round especially, is never a good idea. College quality simply doesn't often translate to NFL for some reason.

Drafting a first round or near QB also would be stupid - many times QBs also don't pan out just because they were great in college, and because taking a QB early would be basically giving up on Love, which doesn't make sense as of this point based on the way he has played, and as was said, Clifford is a very adequate back up.

It would be nice to have a star quality D Lineman, but they better be damn careful, as there seem to be a helluva lot more busts and mediocre ones than stars among first round D Line picks.

We're about full up in quality OLBs and Corners and WRs and TEs.

I've always hated the idea of a first round RB, but this might be the year considering need and what's available in the draft.

ILB is another position I've never like drafting early, but Campbell seems washed up and Quay would be a lot better with a matched pair or somebody even better than him.

Safety too is something we need, but it's a crap shoot taking one early, as college quality doesn't often translate.

That about covers every position. I guess I'd go with one of those last three, RB, ILB, or S, but they better be damn careful not to guess wrong and waste the pick.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I'm glad tex isn't the GM lol

and yes, I suspect Penix will sell a lot of jerseys

5-11 is a little pessimistic for me, but they have a lot to fix and if they don't that could be right. Agree 5-11 gets you a top 10 pick.