Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Every snap by Sean Rhyan vs. Lions. https://twitter.com/JustusMcKing/sta...85831735775503[/QUOTE]

When you look at that, it’s almost unthinkable that they’re starting Runyan. The only thing I can think of, and this goes for Meyers too, is that the love having guys who can get out and move when asked. Other than that, just blocking the guy in front of them, Rhyan is by far the more effective player. He might even be dominant.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I always assumed the Samoan lookin' fella was a yokozuna and too slow. His numbers compare favorably to Bryan Bulaga Iowa.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_...ssional_career
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_R...ssional_career

I like the Rhyan clip. He wasn't bad. Only one bad snap I saw and it didn't affect the play....and he corrected in similar situation next time around.

I always thought of him as a tackle, but he might not have the feet for it. He is damn big for a guard, but hey, misfits happen all the time.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I like the Rhyan clip. He wasn't bad. Only one bad snap I saw and it didn't affect the play....and he corrected in similar situation next time around.

I always thought of him as a tackle, but he might not have the feet for it. He is damn big for a guard, but hey, misfits happen all the time.
    He played LT at UCLA. But I think I remember Harvey here saying his footwork in pass pro wasn't going to work in the NFL. He's definitely better off at G.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

The average height and weight of an NFL guard is 6’4.5” and 315lbs
    Sean Rhyan is 6’4.5” and 322lbs

Wouldn’t he me more of a prototype?

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    The average height and weight of an NFL guard is 6’4.5” and 315lbs
    Sean Rhyan is 6’4.5” and 322lbs

Wouldn’t he me more of a prototype?
    If he is only 7lbs over average he wears it very strange. He looks closer to 350 to me. He is immensely wide. I didn't like him as a pick because I saw him as someone who didn't fit either profile, and his tape wasn't as good as Tom's was. Next time he is standing next to Tom (who is simlar size to his combine size 6'4" 305lbs tell me there is only 17 pounds difference. If its true, one is a rock, the other is a marshmallow.

Meh. Myers is a tire fire about 3 times a game and not dominant ever. Walker needs to up his run blocking, but he has all the tools. As I said somewhere they need to just move Tom inside, where he belongs and start both of the tackles.

Meh. Myers is a tire fire about 3 times a game and not dominant ever. Walker needs to up his run blocking, but he has all the tools. As I said somewhere they need to just move Tom inside, where he belongs and start both of the tackles.
    Me and Stenavich disagree.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Me and Stenavich disagree.
    You keep great company as I think Adam is about the worst, dumbest human I have listened to in interviews in recent history. I'll trust my eyes over the coach who is invested in NOT admitting everyone is getting worse under his watch.

I'd like to see them move Tom to center next year, start Rhyan, and draft a couple of offensive tackles. Then you've got two rookies battling with Walker next year, who, if he can learn to run block, might have a chance. Then you draft a center/guard late, too, and give them next year to figure it out.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

A good tackle is hard to find. Bulaga thinks Tom is legit. I don’t like the idea of moving a more rare piece into a position that’s easier to fill and then trying to fill the tougher position with high draft picks.

That’s the same reason I hope Walker keeps progressing. It would be such a luxury to have two young, legit tackles.

I know we’re sick of drafting defense high, but I think it’s ideal if we could somehow hit on a true stud DT. The defenses with dominant DL are so hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    A good tackle is hard to find. Bulaga thinks Tom is legit. I don’t like the idea of moving a more rare piece into a position that’s easier to fill and then trying to fill the tougher position with high draft picks.

That’s the same reason I hope Walker keeps progressing. It would be such a luxury to have two young, legit tackles.

I know we’re sick of drafting defense high, but I think it’s ideal if we could somehow hit on a true stud DT. The defenses with dominant DL are so hard to beat.
    Tom is very solid at RT, but he could be like Jenkins at G and I have no idea at C, but that was what the brass projected him as. I agree, guys that can play T usually end up there. Truth be told the OL has played much better and Dillon just has shit vision. Like last year they have improved in all areas the last 4-5 weeks. Walker has been really smooth in pass pro. I bag on him, but he probably works a lot more on pass pro than run blocking. I really do think Stenovich is a horrible coach. Myers, Runyan and Newman have all regressed. I'm not positive Walker has improved as much as gotten healthy after that bad shoulder his senior year of college. Nijman has flattened, and some of that is focus, but a coaches job isn't to insult a player with focus issues, its to find a way to get through to him to be locked in every snap. Hey ho, Steno needs to go (and take Barry with him).

Tom is very solid at RT, but he could be like Jenkins at G and I have no idea at C, but that was what the brass projected him as. I agree, guys that can play T usually end up there. Truth be told the OL has played much better and Dillon just has shit vision. Like last year they have improved in all areas the last 4-5 weeks. Walker has been really smooth in pass pro. I bag on him, but he probably works a lot more on pass pro than run blocking. I really do think Stenovich is a horrible coach. Myers, Runyan and Newman have all regressed. I'm not positive Walker has improved as much as gotten healthy after that bad shoulder his senior year of college. Nijman has flattened, and some of that is focus, but a coaches job isn't to insult a player with focus issues, its to find a way to get through to him to be locked in every snap. Hey ho, Steno needs to go (and take Barry with him).
    He has been so good that I don't think he'd want to move to G or C because someone will pay him T money. That dude looks like he's gonna be a good player there for years to come. It does seem like he'd benefit to get a little bigger. He looks small to me. Almost too fit for a yokozuna.

edit: oops

Tankathon now has Packers picking 20th and taking Cooper DeJean - CB - Iowa. Packers love their Hawkeyes. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

I'm starting to like the idea of taking a RB, maybe even Braelin Allen, not necessarily in the first round, but more likely in the second.

If we could get a guaranteed star, I'd advocate taking a O Lineman, but it's hard to not think about generations of Mandarich, Sherrod, etc. I don't think we need a Corner or Safety, at least not early. I strongly don't think we need a Receiver or Edge Rusher. Maybe ILB early, but you have to pick and choose very carefully there. It might be better to take on 3rd or 4th round. D Line? The way Barry's D uses them doesn't justify a first round pick.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'm starting to like the idea of taking a RB, maybe even Braelin Allen, not necessarily in the first round, but more likely in the second.

If we could get a guaranteed star, I'd advocate taking a O Lineman, but it's hard to not think about generations of Mandarich, Sherrod, etc. I don't think we need a Corner or Safety, at least not early. I strongly don't think we need a Receiver or Edge Rusher. Maybe ILB early, but you have to pick and choose very carefully there. It might be better to take on 3rd or 4th round. D Line? The way Barry's D uses them doesn't justify a first round pick.
    So no to RB in the 1st, no OL in the 1st because they bust, don't need CB or S in the 1st. No OLB or WR. No DL because Barry misuses them.

That leaves ILB, TE, QB, P and K for the 1st round.

All joking aside, I would look at OL, DL, CB, S, ILB and DE

RB, OL, S and ILB seem to be the glaring weakness of this team if Alexander and Stokes come back healthy next year.

Campbell had a great 1st year for the Packers and hasn't been anything close to average since.

OL is doing better but you got to believe you can find a better RG and C than what we are lining up right now.

RBs need to be upgraded but I agree with run pMc. There will be a lot of really talented RBs available in round 3 and later.

I guess I would grab a WR or CB if anyone drops to where we are picking that is worth the value.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    So no to RB in the 1st, no OL in the 1st because they bust, don't need CB or S in the 1st. No OLB or WR. No DL because Barry misuses them.

That leaves ILB, TE, QB, P and K for the 1st round.

All joking aside, I would look at OL, DL, CB, S, ILB and DE

RB, OL, S and ILB seem to be the glaring weakness of this team if Alexander and Stokes come back healthy next year.

Campbell had a great 1st year for the Packers and hasn't been anything close to average since.

OL is doing better but you got to believe you can find a better RG and C than what we are lining up right now.

RBs need to be upgraded but I agree with run pMc. There will be a lot of really talented RBs available in round 3 and later.

I guess I would grab a WR or CB if anyone drops to where we are picking that is worth the value.
    If those are our only R1 options, then let's get the punter from Iowa.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    If those are our only R1 options, then let's get the punter from Iowa.
    Maybe we can trade up to grab him and then carry 2 punters on the active roster because he can’t figure out how to punt in the NFL.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston