Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Bears and Packers gonna be busy.

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

I'd like to see the Packers draft 3 OL next year. They need to solidify the guard and center spot. I doubt they resign Myers. Maybe a scat back and they're good to go. They're sufficient at QB, WR, TE.

I'd like to see them move on from all-pro at ILB. All-pro is anything but.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I'd like to see the Packers draft 3 OL next year. They need to solidify the guard and center spot. I doubt they resign Myers. Maybe a scat back and they're good to go. They're sufficient at QB, WR, TE.

I'd like to see them move on from all-pro at ILB. All-pro is anything but.
    Myers isn't a free agent. Runyan is. Nijman too.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Myers isn't a free agent. Runyan is. Nijman too.
    He's in the final year of his deal next year though. I doubt they will extend him unless something dramatically changes. I had forgotten about Bak so I will revise and say I hope they take 4 offensive linemen and two stick.

Boy, the Panthers are fucked. Shittiest team in the NFL and some of the least draft capital.

Vikes not in great shape that way, either, in our division. And oh, the poor Jest!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Boy, the Panthers are fucked. Shittiest team in the NFL and some of the least draft capital.

Vikes not in great shape that way, either, in our division. And oh, the poor Jest!
    If Bryce Young is a bust, that trade with the Bears will set them back 5 years.

Word is Reich liked Stroud better, but Tepper (the owner) wanted Young and was willing to pay to get him. Yikes.

Tepper has been a trash fire for an owner so far, he's burned through a lot of coaches in a couple of years already.
    That team was set back 5 years when he bought them.

Packers currently with the 11th pick!

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Nice to have something to root for again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Bears and Packers gonna be busy.

what in the fuck does this chart mean?

we're 3

3 what? units?

units of what? units of draft capitals?

what the fuck is a unit of draft capital?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Word is Reich liked Stroud better, but Tepper (the owner) wanted Young and was willing to pay to get him. Yikes.

Tepper has been a trash fire for an owner so far, he's burned through a lot of coaches in a couple of years already.
    That team was set back 5 years when he bought them.
    i couldn't understand how anyoe could like young better then stroud. thats a move that should get a guy fired, but it was the owner demanding the pick

if i'm the GM or a coach, i walk out the door after the owner demands that and it turns out to be a shit trade and pick

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    what in the fuck does this chart mean?

we're 3

3 what? units?

units of what? units of draft capitals?

what the fuck is a unit of draft capital?
    It’s PFF WAR

It sounds like they take the likely hood of a player drafted at each spot and turn it into a number that equates to likely wins above replacement.

Our draft capital equates to close to 3 wins above replacement when you total the likely WAR from each draft slot.

So according to PFF, we’re likely to win 2.5 more games just off of our draft if we draft average for our positions.

But the overall idea here is that we have more picks in the parts of the draft that produce the best players than other teams do.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Romeo Doubs has quietly put up as many receptions and yards as Jayden Reed. Doubs is just athletic enough and has good size. He’s a nice step up from the guys in the past who clearly lacked the athleticism to play at this level. He’s probably an average #2 receiver. He’s putting up those kinds of numbers.

Watson, Wicks and Reed have all shown the talent to be high level #2 targets in an offense. If not low tier #1s

Kraft and Musgrave look like two really good tight ends.

4, 2s and two good tight ends…..

I got a big laugh when people said with Davante out we’d be less predictable and therefor better. That doesn’t really work when your guys aren’t very good. But when you have 6 good targets, yeah, now we are talking about a situation where 6 good ones is better than 1 great one. It’s hard to call a bad play when all the guys are weapons.

I don't think Doubs is very explosive, and that limits his ceiling. He's a WR2 at best, but I think WR3 suits him better. Jayden Reed and Wicks will likely turn out to be better players.
    Watson has many of the attributes to be a WR1, he has to put it together AND figure out how to stay healthy. Otherwise, he's basically a better MVS.

Agree it's good to have multiple quality targets vs. just one. Makes the offense more unpredictable and more resilient to injuries or double coverage.

Doubs is at best James Jones level. Wicks' footwork is something special. If Watson can shake the injury bug, Doubs may be your number 4. That's pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Watson is a complete wildcard if he can stay healthy. I am on board with thinking Wicks might be a better long term weapon than the rest
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

David Bakhtiari 2nd year pff grade (71)
    Rasheed Walker 2nd year off grade (70)

Let’s not forget for Bakhs first two years when he was just getting his first NFL experience, everyone was trying to replace him with Spriggs even though Bakhs first years were above average tackle play.

Rasheed is the same. He’s already above average and hasn’t hit his prime. Relax on looking to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    David Bakhtiari 2nd year pff grade (71)
    Rasheed Walker 2nd year off grade (70)

Let’s not forget for Bakhs first two years when he was just getting his first NFL experience, everyone was trying to replace him with Spriggs even though Bakhs first years were above average tackle play.

Rasheed is the same. He’s already above average and hasn’t hit his prime. Relax on looking to replace him.
    I'd still let the board fall to BPA and if there's a good OT there you take them. Njiman and Bakhtiari are likely gone, and injuries happen. At a minimum you'll want a backup swing tackle, and I'm not sure Tenuta or Caleb are it.
    They need help on the OL - their run game has been poor this year and a significant part of that is not Dillon's fault. They need a higher level of talent/competition at all positions: C, G and T.

I would be stunned if Gute didn't draft 2 OL and 2 RBs... probably 2 DBs as well. With all the draft capital they have, doubling up at positions isn't a bad way to try and address weaker areas of the roster.

I've had this creeping thought about drafting -- I wonder if you're better off focusing on offense (with exceptions of pass rushers) simply because that's where the rules of the game favor and where year over year efficacy is more consistent. Defensive performance data from year to year is noisy because it's based on QBs faced and injuries. I wonder if you can probably get by with a good pass rush, and so-so but competent players elsewhere PLUS good coaching. Even a league average defense paired with a top 5 offense will get you far, so why not focus your draft resources there? I'm not 100% convinced of this idea; there are plenty of cases of good offensive teams running into defensive buzzsaws. I think matchups has a role to play there too. It's just something that's been rolling around my head the last year or two re: drafting & team building.

Oh yeah, star LTs are rare. As good as Sheed has been the second half of the season, if you can upgrade, great.

Walker is a big guy, doesn’t have ideal length. Kind of a prototype RT. If you get a stud LT, Walker theoretically can be a star RT.

And Tom…. You’re not in any sort of rush to move him inside. But you sure as hell could and he’d improve either center or RG.

I’m definitely not saying to stay away from star LTs in the draft, just don’t be in a rush to take him first. There are other spots, equally tough to find spots, that we could upgrade more since we already have two quality, young starting tackles.

I’m a bigger fan of Meyers than almost all of the Packer fandom. He’s missed a few assignments, but he does a lot of things well. He’s particularly good at pulling and getting a hat on a moving target. Having that option is so nice. You can get creative in the run game and pass pro.