Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Nice to have something to root for again.
    With Wicks, Reed, Kraft and Musgrave looking like smart, fast, tough, reliable ballers…. And Love playing like a top 10 QB in his first year starting…..

Honestly, a down year with injuries on defense and some lost games due to the offense finding its stride. It’s a really good year, even if it’s a losing season. The cap is getting cleaned up. The arrow is up.

I’m content rooting for a high draft pick.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I’m a bigger fan of Meyers than almost all of the Packer fandom. He’s missed a few assignments, but he does a lot of things well. He’s particularly good at pulling and getting a hat on a moving target. Having that option is so nice. You can get creative in the run game and pass pro.
    He's.... ok. He's been playing better, coinciding with their little win streak, but he's still maddening at times. Talented but inconsistent. He has a lot of the things you'd love to have in a C: big, tough, good athlete, battle-tested at OSU. I think they ask a lot of him in terms of pulling and some of the blocks he has to execute. I also think he has brain farts where his reflexes and fundamentals go completely to hell. I don't really know how else to say it.

I also wonder if he's just a bit too tall at C, he struggles with the leverage battle, especially against big NTs. He's a guy you can get by with but should always be looking to upgrade from. I think him being net to Runyan doesn't help things -- I suspect if he had Jenkins on one side and another really solid G on his other side you could hide hiim or help him against tougher fronts. As a R2 pick he's a disappointment but I wouldn't call him a bust. At this point I don't think he's earned a 2nd contract with GB and they'll probably draft competition for him this year. Jake Hanson was not sufficient competition.

In terms of C's they've had over the last few years, he's worse than Wells and Linsley, better than broken down Jeff Saturday. Might be a little better than Evan Dietrich-Smith was, but in that ballpark. My memory could be a bit hazy there, but that feels about right.

I’m a bigger fan of Meyers than almost all of the Packer fandom. He’s missed a few assignments, but he does a lot of things well. He’s particularly good at pulling and getting a hat on a moving target. Having that option is so nice. You can get creative in the run game and pass pro.
    hahahaha You and Me, RG.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

What does "buttoned up" mean? Trying to control who drafts him? Trying to assure he's the #1 pick?

Kalyn Kahler
    @kalynkahler

It's Friday, Jan. 12 and Caleb Williams has not yet declared for the NFL draft. The deadline is Monday Jan 15. On Wed, I called Carl Williams, Caleb's dad, to ask why the delay? He referred me to their publicist, who declined to comment until everything is "buttoned up." (1/9)
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    What does "buttoned up" mean? Trying to control who drafts him? Trying to assure he's the #1 pick?
    Here’s the missing context:

The agent was just putting his dick back in his pants after it had been in Caleb Williams’s mom’s mouth, and was trying to get his Levi’s buttoned up. He didn’t want to comment until after that.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I watched a full Caleb game. In the NFL you have to throw with anticipation. If you wait till a guy is open, he’s rarely open by the time the ball gets there.

I didn’t see one anticipation throw. Not one.

He can move around and throw off platform. Moves better than Love, but no better throwing off platform and I saw zero anticipation throws. I doubt his movement is going to be as dynamic when he’s facing guys who run 4.5s and 4.6s at 275 lbs.

I’ll try to watch another game, but the core aspect of being able to throw a guy open, the one quality all the great ones have, I haven’t seen it. I’m not so sure he’s as good as he thinks he is.

Physically, arm talent, throwing off playform, running for first downs. He’s everything physically, but I’m not convinced he has it upstairs.

He’s sending the message he absolutely doesn’t want to go to Chicago…where QB’s go to die.
    See Trubisky, Cutler, et al.

It’s been pulled off before. John Elway.

Elway had baseball and the Yankees, this guy has another year of College ball and the NIL $$’s that go with it.

Good golly I’m glad we ain’t where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    He’s sending the message he absolutely doesn’t want to go to Chicago…where QB’s go to die.
    See Trubisky, Cutler, et al.

It’s been pulled off before. John Elway.

Elway had baseball and the Yankees, this guy has another year of College ball and the NIL $$’s that go with it.

Good golly I’m glad we ain’t where they are.
    Forgot to mention J Fields.

Gute wasting Jordan Love's prime by not drafting a WR in the 1st round.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Gute wasting Jordan Love's prime by not drafting a WR in the 1st round.
    MLF wasting Love's prime by playing Rodgers last year lol

Seriously, I still think they go heavy on OL, RB, and S in the draft. If a top corner falls to them in R1 they could even do that. I don't trust Stokes or Jaire to stay healthy anymore, and Nixon is ok in the slot but you can do better there too.

I think in the 2025 draft they should look at drafting another WR in the mid rounds, though. Watson/Doubs will be in their last year, and I don't think they will be able to keep all these young guys. This year has really shown how important it is to have more than one above average receiver -- it's too easy for teams to take away the first read or bracket a WR1. Failing to continue finding and developing a pipeline or quality receiving talent will hurt an offense (and the cap) long term.

LFG!! Draft season!!

I guess QB, OT and WR go pretty deep. Not the ideal deepest positions for our squad.

S, CB and IOL are also decent from what I read.

S and an elite slot corner would be nice!

S cb and ot.

Can never have enough ot.

How about a kicker....
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Just off my impression from the angles we get on the tv copy, it looked like Rasheed locked down his side. And Tom is kind of a lock down guy too. Who knows how many guys we can afford to pay though. So yeah, any good OL is always welcome. Same for DL. Honestly, same with edge. There are some spots you can never have enough.

Slot corner and safety are big needs though.

If we went in the draft and took OT, Edge and DL with our first three picks, even though we don’t “need” them, I wouldn’t mind a bit. Rotating talented DL and edge players is never something that holds you back from anything.

Blog Entries
    LFG!! Draft season!!

yup; what do we have about the 25th pick now ? Maybe we can get the 4th best OT
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    yup; what do we have about the 25th pick now ? Maybe we can get the 4th best OT
    Rasheed and Tom are really good. I won’t complain about an OT, but it won’t help us much for a couple years, until we have to pay both Tom and Rasheed.

And it would help a lot with injury.

The trajectory of Rasheed Walker is top 5 LT. I don’t think there’s much of a chance we could do any better. Already at 23 years old, neither in his physical or technical prime, he’s a top 10-15 LT. He’s only getting better. He’s at the same point Bakh was at this age. He’s a great player in the making. I have no idea why people want to replace him. I said the same thing aboht Bakh when everyone was trying to get Spriggs in the lineup over him.

The Packers are so god damned good at drafting OL. Pluck 2 in the 3rd and 4th rounds and use the premium pick on a position you’re not as good at filling.

We can use a good player at pretty much any position except QB, long snapper, and punter.

For example, of a good WR drops to them, I say you still draft him. If this offense can make Bo Melton look like a starter, think about what another more talented WR will do.