Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

S, RB, CB, OT. I don't think they will go RB in round one, but Jones' health was a problem this year and he is getting old. Getting a good one in round 2-3 would be a good investment.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    S, RB, CB, OT. I don't think they will go RB in round one, but Jones' health was a problem this year and he is getting old. Getting a good one in round 2-3 would be a good investment.
    There are no 1st round RB's this year. The other 3 positions are legitimate possibilities in 1st round. OT and CB better groups than S.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    yup; what do we have about the 25th pick now ? Maybe we can get the 4th best OT
    Nah, we will get the next allpro ot in the 4th, as is tradition
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Get 3 in late rounds and hope for diamond
    All tyrannies rule through fraud and force, but once the fraud is exposed they must rely exclusively on force.

George Orwell

yup; what do we have about the 25th pick now ? Maybe we can get the 4th best OT
    OT and CB would seem to be best bets at 25, based on the strength of the draft.

Guess this means that Cooper DeJean is out of the equation barring a trade up in the 1st. He'd be huge for this defense due to his versatility and playmaking ability.
    60% of the time it works every time.

They will take a couple of OL - Runyan and Njiman are gone, and Newman probably shouldn't be back. Someone to push Myers, challenge Rhyan, and learn from Walker/Tom. What happens with Bahktiari is a mystery, but that cap number is ouch.

I think they absolutely have to get better at S, and probably LB too. The DL is young and should get better, the rest of that defensive spine needs improvement. Campbell looks done to me, and all they have under contract at S is Johnson Jr.

Dillon is a FA, Wilson is meh, and Taylor was an emergency get. I think they do everything to keep Aaron Jones and add youth behind him. They need RBs who are dynamic with the ball, Dillon's a great guy and a big dude who can wear on you, but his vision and feet aren't what you need in this offense. They can get younger, cheaper and better there via the draft. My guess is they draft 2 RBs (early and late Day 3).

CB is a sneaky need because Jaire is hurt often lately, and Stokes might never pan out after injuries and rust. Corey Ballentine is a nice depth/ST piece, but you don't want him playing man coverage against a starting WR. Nixon's coverage in the slot is uneven as well. I though OT was the most likely R1 pick for a long time, given their draft position I could see them take a CB there instead - to the confusion of many. The whole "you can never have too many corners" thing is cliche but applies, those guys get banged up a lot and you need more than 1 or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaulding View Post
    Guess this means that Cooper DeJean is out of the equation barring a trade up in the 1st. He'd be huge for this defense due to his versatility and playmaking ability.
    I'd love to have a shot at drafting DeJean. I guarantee that kid won't drop easy interceptions right in his hands. He's a ballhawk with a lot of experience playing offense and fielding punts. Would definitely add a lot of versatility to what we could do in the defensive backfield.

Most mocks have DeJean going 15-20. Missed end of season with injury. Don't know if he's expected to work out at the combine.

Are we locked in at #25 in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Yes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post

I think beating Dallas took us about 6-7 spots back if I understand the positioning correctly
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

need to be looking for a safety for sure, hopefully 2

I think beating Dallas took us about 6-7 spots back if I understand the positioning correctly
    19th if they lost to Dallas.

Dammit, Bretsky, you weren't rooting for Dallas, were you?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Biggest needs:

Safety: I like Savage. The whole defense turned around when him and Jaire got back in the lineup. Owens was ok, but not much of a coverage player. It’s a passing NFL. An elite safety would be a huge upgrade.

Slot Corner: Valentine is a player. With Jaires contract and his proven CB1 play over the years, you’re kind of crossing your fingers. Nixon is a tough guy and tackles well. But his coverage isn’t it. An elite slot corner would be such a big upgrade for us!

Running back: Jones has 2 years, and who knows how many more. He’s just not slowing down. But he’s hurt a lot. We need a guy to groom and a guy to split carry’s.

DL: The hardest position to fill in all of football. There are only a handful of impact DL. Frankly, if there is a guy you think is elite, I think you take him no matter who’s there because the long term impact of a top tier guy beats any other position than QB

OL: we have the QB. We have the skill guys. We don’t have the money to pay our OL. Keep drafting.

EDGE: It’s always nice to have more edge players

CB: never hurts having good corners.

ILB: McDuffie is serviceable. Quay is solid. Campbell has a year left. But never hurts to get better.

QB: Would not make sense at all to take one early.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Other than QB, a great player anywhere upgrades our team.

But we need athletic, smart secondary players badly. And a NT too.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

It's BPA all the way, but they have 5 picks inside the top 100 (or is it 90) - thanks Aaron and Rasul - so they should be able to draft some players who can make contributions as rookies.

As I see it, they have needs at: S, IOL, OT, RB, slot CB, ILB, outside CB.
    They should bring in competition at LS and K.

There aren't a ton of elite DL coming out, I doubt they take one.
    EDGE will be interesting, I think the Enagbare injury guarantees Preston is back but the EDGE class is meh this year too.

Jordan Love and those receivers - if they stay healthy and develop - could be really really good, but I think better IOL blocking and more dynamic playmakers at RB would make them really tough to defend and probably make them a top 5 offense.
    They have issues with their run defense and in the secondary. Talent at the safety position is low, injuries at CB are concerning.
    Quay is good but I feel like he's misused at times. McDuffie might be better than Campbell at this point in their careers, but I think you can do a lot better than McDuffie. Would be nice to have an ILB with range and top shelf instincts (ability to shed blocks and tackle would be nice too) to pair with Quay.

They are cleaning up their cap but they still won't have a lot of room to work with (unless they redo contracts, which they certainly will), so Gute will have to put together another good draft.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Other than QB, a great player anywhere upgrades our team.

But we need athletic, smart secondary players badly. And a NT too.
    Agree, except on NT. They have Kenny and Slaton. I think they need the youngsters to grow and get better (Brooks, Wooden, and Wyatt). If there's a big dude there like Sweat from UT he could be fun but I don't think NT is the problem. Having 2 DL in nickel and letting the opposing G uncovered and run up into Quay is a problem and that's scheme IMO.