Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Here's my post combine mock. Traded # 88 in round 3 to the Steelers for 119 & 120 in round 4.

Sparky, I'm not a college expert by any means, but if we pulled off the left side of that (the top 6) I'd be grinning like a 16 year old that just got his first hand job. Landing a CB/S hybrid, an offball LB to pair with quay and a versatile OL in the top 3. Just silly. Puni is a grunt and could add competition to the interior (along with a nasty streak from what I understand).

That said, I have read a lot of mocks and none of them give Walker any credit for his massive improvement throughout the season. Early on they had to keep a TE in for help on most pass plays and he was a liability in the run game. As he got comfortable (and chippy maybe from the rotation with Yosh) he stopped needing any help against most pass rushers and actually pancaked enough guys in the run game to make me confident we don't need a new LT. Now I get that he took time, but JH constantly pointed out his natural tools for pass pro, and when he stopped thinking and got a little nasty in the run game he was beyond average. Unless he suddenly regresses we have our LT for a decade.

Part of the reason I love the Morgan pick is because he can play 4 positions unless he flat out can't adjust to the right side. If they land him they can move Tom or just plug him in at RG. We definitely need some talent infusion to the OL.

Wright had an elite combine and would be a perfect AJ replacement. Not sure how great his vision is, but he can pass protect and catch the ball. That would be a great draft imo.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Here is my first Mock Draft with all teams and no trades. I think there are going to be a lot of teams moving in this draft. The Giants are pretty attached to Danny Jones and I can see three teams wanting to move ahead of each other to get their QB. The Broncos, Vikings, and the Raiders could set their sights on one particular QB and they have to jump each other to get there. The Bears are in a tough spot because they can't unload Fields, and he isn't so damn bad that you cut him without getting anything for him and I don't think you take a QB with him on the roster. It will be a shit show in Chicago.

1. BEARS Marvin Harrison Jr. WR Ohio State

2. WASHINGTON Caleb Williams QB USC

3. PATRIOTS Jayden Daniels QB LSU

4. CARDINALS Malik Nabers WR LSU

5. CHARGERS Brock Bowers TE Georgia

6. GIANTS Dallas Turner EDGE Alabama

7. TITANS Joe Alt OT Notre Dame

8. FALCONS Rome Odunze WR Washington

9. BEARS Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo

10. JETS Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT Penn State

11. VIKINGS Drake Maye QB North Carolina

12. BRONCOS J.J. McCarthy

13. RAIDERS Taliese Fuaga OT Oregon State

14. SAINTS JC LathamOT Alabama

15. COLTSBrian Thomas Jr. WR LSU

16. SEAHAWKS Jackson Powers-Johnson OC Oregon

17. JAGUARSLaiatu Latu EDGE UCLA

18. BENGALS Amarius Mims OT Georgia

19. RAMS Terrion Arnold CB Alabama

20. STEELERS Cooper DeJean S Iowa

21. DOLPHINS Jared Verse EDGE Florida State

22. EAGLES Nate Wiggins CB Clemson

23. TEXANS Adonai Mitchell WR Texas

24. COWBOYS Troy Fautanu OT Washington

25. PACKERS Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Alabama

26. BUCS Troy Franklin WR Oregon

27. CARDINALS Graham Barton OG Duke

28. BUFFALO Chop Robinson EDGE Penn State

29. LIONS Johnny Newton DT Illinois

30. RAVENS Keon Coleman WR Florida State

31. 49ERS Byron Murphy II DT Texas

32. CHIEFS Xavier Worthy WR Texas

Vikings have traded for Texans #23 pick. Lot of people think they will be packaging 2 1st round picks to move up in 1st round to take QB. Although if you're right, they may not have to.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

25. Cooper DeJean S Iowa - Not entirely sure why he is a safety, probably because he is white. He is a cover 2 / quarters corner. He hasn't run because of an injury so I would like to see his numbers before I would think of taking him with the first pick. He is aggressive which is good for a team that would like a CB to press.

41. T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas - You don't stop the run with linebackers, you stop the run with 6'5" 350 pound space eaters.

58. Junior Colson LB Michigan - I think Colson is the best overall linebacker in the draft. He hasn't run yet so his track numbers could be great or shit.

88. Dominick Puni OG Kansas - He wouldn't be my first target for the interior line but this is sort of how it fell. I probably felt I needed to address the need and probably reached.

91. Roger Rosengarten OT Washington - Super high RAS guy but I don't know if his play matches his testing numbers. probably a reasonable backup

126. Malik Mustapha S Wake Forest - He didn't run at the combine, but he did bench. He is supposed to run really well and if he did, he would have a RAS score that would be attractive.

169. Elijah Jones CB Boston College - Great frame at 6'1" and a RAS score of 9.48. All this goes with the fact he is from Boston College.

202. Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn - similar frame to Jones with a high end RAS score. Has some of the press and man to man skills that current Packers defense could be looking for

219. Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville - Packers don't need to look crazy high up the draft for a running back, but the talent level of the backs falls off pretty dramatically after the tier of 3rd rounders. Guerendo will never be a featured back but he has a ridiculously high RAS score and you are able to see glimpses of that type of talent when he comes out of the backfield. Could help with kick returns and other special teams

245.Tyrone Tracy Jr. RB Purdue - Former WR, transferred to Purdue where he took a year to adapt to the running back position. He could take some time to develop but obviously he should be able to catch the ball out of the backfield.

255. Frank Crum OT Wyoming - Sort of became the media darling of the combine. 6'8 315 pounds and can run pretty well and had RAS of 9.82. Small school kid that is built like a tackle. I don't actually know if he would be available this late in the draft.

So the Vikings get the 23rd pick, and a 232nd pick
    Texans get the 42nd pick, and the 188th pick plus 2nd round pick in 2025.

I think the Texans are stupid for making this trade this far out of the draft. To me this is night of the draft, sitting on the 23rd pick with the guy you wanted just scooped up with the 22nd pick type of trade.

Bears trade for Keenan Allen, give up a 4th round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    25. Cooper DeJean S Iowa - Not entirely sure why he is a safety, probably because he is white. He is a cover 2 / quarters corner. He hasn't run because of an injury so I would like to see his numbers before I would think of taking him with the first pick. He is aggressive which is good for a team that would like a CB to press.

41. T'Vondre Sweat DT Texas - You don't stop the run with linebackers, you stop the run with 6'5" 350 pound space eaters.

58. Junior Colson LB Michigan - I think Colson is the best overall linebacker in the draft. He hasn't run yet so his track numbers could be great or shit.

88. Dominick Puni OG Kansas - He wouldn't be my first target for the interior line but this is sort of how it fell. I probably felt I needed to address the need and probably reached.

91. Roger Rosengarten OT Washington - Super high RAS guy but I don't know if his play matches his testing numbers. probably a reasonable backup

126. Malik Mustapha S Wake Forest - He didn't run at the combine, but he did bench. He is supposed to run really well and if he did, he would have a RAS score that would be attractive.

169. Elijah Jones CB Boston College - Great frame at 6'1" and a RAS score of 9.48. All this goes with the fact he is from Boston College.

202. Nehemiah Pritchett CB Auburn - similar frame to Jones with a high end RAS score. Has some of the press and man to man skills that current Packers defense could be looking for

219. Isaac Guerendo RB Louisville - Packers don't need to look crazy high up the draft for a running back, but the talent level of the backs falls off pretty dramatically after the tier of 3rd rounders. Guerendo will never be a featured back but he has a ridiculously high RAS score and you are able to see glimpses of that type of talent when he comes out of the backfield. Could help with kick returns and other special teams

245.Tyrone Tracy Jr. RB Purdue - Former WR, transferred to Purdue where he took a year to adapt to the running back position. He could take some time to develop but obviously he should be able to catch the ball out of the backfield.

255. Frank Crum OT Wyoming - Sort of became the media darling of the combine. 6'8 315 pounds and can run pretty well and had RAS of 9.82. Small school kid that is built like a tackle. I don't actually know if he would be available this late in the draft.
    DeJean is a safety because we still have a gaping hole and he can play it. Oh...and he's white. But honestly he can definitely be a good CB. A very nice piece to have.

No way they take Sweat there. He had a terrible RAS. I'm not disputing should, I'm simply saying Gutes won't.

Mustapha may run at a pro day and that could impact his draft stock a lot either way.

Jones is almost a lock to be a packer with the new Halfwit defense right?

I'm indifferent on Dejean. I know a lot of people like him, and he looked like a good player for Iowa.
    I'm not sure how Iowa's D translates to Hafley's defense. I wonder if he would have been a better fit in Barry's scheme.
    Moreover, Dejean was playing CB, not S. AFAIK he's never played S, so you're going on a projection. Seems a little bit of a gamble if you're taking him R1 to play S, although I suppose you could try him at slot CB first. Am I missing something?

I love Sweat's size and raw power, but it feels like they have a bit of a full house in the DL room. He's a 2 down rotational guy so 41 feels a little rich for me; if he's there at 58 I'd feel better about taking him.

I know nothing about Frank Crum other than he blew up the combine. So did Jason Spriggs. Did he ever block anyone from the SEC successfully? I suppose late R7/UDFA is fine.
    I'm out on a lot of the combine darlings - Guerendo being another. Couldn't stay healthy or beat out Allen, Mellusi, etc. at UW, or even Jawhar Jordan at Louisville. I don't know that his tape shows anything other than special teams guy or PS RB.

Did this mock at nflmockdraftdatabsse:

(25) Amarius Mims - OT - Georgia

(41) Edgerrin Cooper - LB - Texas A&M

(58) Tyler Nubin - S - Minnesota

(88) Jonathan Brooks - RB - Texas

(91) Kris Abrams Draine - CB - Missouri

(126) Christian Mahogany - IOL - Boston College

(169) Mohamed Kamara - EDGE - Colorado St.

(202) Gabe Hall - DL - Baylor

(219) Dylan Laube- RB - New Hampshire

(245) J.D. Bertrand - LB - Notre Dame

(255) Jordan Whittington - WR - Texas

Cooper, Nubin, and Brooks would be a nice Day 2 haul. If Mo Kamara isn't Carl Bradford 2.0 that might be fun.
    I like Whittington quite a bit as a developmental WR.

Not sure what to make of Mims. I was underwhelmed by UGA's OL at times, but he's just a giant athletic man. Thought he had trouble staying healthy? I suspect they go defense in R1 and take a couple developmental OL guys who have versatility on Days 2 & 3. Mahogany is a good example.

I debated between Mims and Newton at 25. Newton is probably the safer choice.

Trade down in Round 1 and still get our guy - I'd be pretty happy with this haul as it addresses most of our needs

30 Graham Barton
IOL | Duke

41 Edgerrin Cooper
LB | Texas A&M

58 Tyler Nubin
S | Minnesota

62 Kiran Amegadjie
OT | Yale

88 Jonathon Brooks
RB | Texas

91 Sedrick Van Pran
IOL | Georgia

93 Kris Abrams-Draine
CB | Missouri

113 Dominick Puni
IOL | Kansas

126 DeWayne Carter
DL | Duke

169 Jaylan Ford
LB | Texas

202 Malik Mustapha
S | Wake Forest

219 Drake Stoops
WR | Oklahoma

245 Cedric Johnson
EDGE | Mississippi

255 Grayson Murphy
EDGE | UCLA

Three linebackers
    Three safeties
    Two running backs
    Three offensive linemen

Anybody do that make draft yet?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

I wish I knew Mims because his physique is ridiculous. He might be the best OT in the game by 2025 or he might be out of the game buy 2026. Given his natural traits he should be projected in the top 5. The fact that he isn't scares the hell out of me. Its all going to come down to how bad he wants to be great. Albert Haynesworth was unblockable when he felt like it...the problem was he didn't care.

Mims didn't play a lot. That's why he's not higher. He's played in all of 21 games in college, some of that as a backup. Hard to see him as a Week 1 NFL starter.

Question for all the Draft Gurus in here:

I just did one of these NFL Mock Draft simulators, picking for the Packers. Joe Alt was available at pick 25. Is this just an anomaly or did something come out about Alt. I don't give much stock into these simulators, but to have him drop to Pick # 25 is just weird.

I took him.

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Question for all the Draft Gurus in here:

I just did one of these NFL Mock Draft simulators, picking for the Packers. Joe Alt was available at pick 25. Is this just an anomaly or did something come out about Alt. I don't give much stock into these simulators, but to have him drop to Pick # 25 is just weird.

I took him.
    I just ran 3 mocks through the 3 different simulators I play with and not one of them had him falling outside of pick 8.

Some of the mock simulations produce weird results. I've had Drake Maye fall to me, that's just not realistic. At that point I just restart it and hope for something more likely. Reason being, if he's there in a mock someone else isn't, and we all know Maye will be gone by 25.

Alt will be gone by 25 too. He's basically OL1 and this draft has about 7 or 8 OL who could go R1. 24 teams aren't passing on him.

These are simulations after all, and who knows what kind of randomness factor they are building in. (Artificial intelligence indeed.) Gute will not draft the way I would but as a thought exercise it's amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I wish I knew Mims because his physique is ridiculous. He might be the best OT in the game by 2025 or he might be out of the game buy 2026. Given his natural traits he should be projected in the top 5. The fact that he isn't scares the hell out of me. Its all going to come down to how bad he wants to be great. Albert Haynesworth was unblockable when he felt like it...the problem was he didn't care.
    Sounds like a risk. That's probably the kind of guy you'd want to bring in for a visit, get a bead on who he is as a person.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack