Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He's coming off meniscus surgery. I wonder if he tried to work out too early.
    If that is the case, someone will get a steal if he drops to the third round. If it's not true, then that RAS is some serious suckage, right there. Not too far from my negative 4.23.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    My gut keeps telling me that Gute is going to draft Chop Robinson in R1. The Saleh defense uses smaller guys at end/edge than Pettine/Barry did, and he fits the mold. Enagbare will start the year on the PUP, Preston is getting old and pricey, and Brenton Cox got no meaningful snaps.
    I'd prefer Dejean if he's there, but I could absolutely see them taking a pass rusher.
    I'd love this... Can't have enough edge in any defense, but esp Hafley's.... Should be an interesting draft: what's avaliable/where Gute goes with it. Having that many picks, really allows GUte to do whatever he wants.

Blog Entries
    I would take the Chopper in a second

I think he'll be gone by the time GB picks though
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I would take the Chopper in a second

I think he'll be gone by the time GB picks though
    Think he's worth a move up to get him?

Edge pressure will be pure gold to Hafley

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

With 11 picks, this may be a year where that's not an unreasonable possibility. I'll bet he's at the top of Hafley's list, now that we've got McKinney onboard. We could package #25 with either #88 or #91 and be elgible to move up to #19 or #20, and that might make the difference. It seems likely we'd be adding quite a bit of value with that move.

If they do, I'm good with it. I'm sure they wouldn't do it unless they'd thoroughly done their homework and there was something about him that totally rocked their world, and they certainly know a hell of a lot more about these guys than I do.
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 03-25-2024 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post

I voted for him in the poll, but I don't think they move up for him. He's pretty one dimensional as a speed rusher.

I would not trade up for Chop. He might not be everyone's cup of tea and is in the 20-40 pick range from what I've seen. He's explosive but he doesn't have the sack production. I think anyone taking him top 15 is reaching, especially when there are so many good OL in this draft and so many JAG OL in the league.

I don't think Gute is going to trade up in this draft, if he makes any trades, I actually think it will be for a player... i.e., trade a R4 pick for a LB who can slide right in as a starter. The FA pickings are not good and this isn't a great LB draft class.

If Quay is going to play the Will, it would be strange to pick Edgerrin Cooper (who would also be a Will). I'm curious to see who the LBs and the safety next to McKinney are, as well as how they are used.

Off ball LB are kind of like RBs. Taking one in the first should be the exception, never the rule. You can find the draft peppered with serviceable S/M off ball LBs. You stumble into a guy with good instincts (equivalent to RB vision) and you have yourself a good 2 down LB.

Given the depth of CB and OT I can't imagine taking anything else at 25 to be honest (depth coupled with our needs). Thus, I'm sure Gutes will draft a WR.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Off ball LB are kind of like RBs. Taking one in the first should be the exception, never the rule. You can find the draft peppered with serviceable S/M off ball LBs. You stumble into a guy with good instincts (equivalent to RB vision) and you have yourself a good 2 down LB.

Given the depth of CB and OT I can't imagine taking anything else at 25 to be honest (depth coupled with our needs). Thus, I'm sure Gutes will draft a WR.
    I've done some interactive mocks lately where DeJean is available at 25, Barton at 41, and Edgerrin Cooper at 58. Don't know if that's realistic, but I'd be pretty happy.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Dov Kleiman
    @NFL_DovKleiman

Wow: The belief amongst executives in the NFL who know #Commanders GM Adam Peters is that he will draft J.J. McCarthy at #2 overall.

If true, this would open things up for the Vikings to trade up to 5 and take Daniels or Maye.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Dov Kleiman
    @NFL_DovKleiman

Wow: The belief amongst executives in the NFL who know #Commanders GM Adam Peters is that he will draft J.J. McCarthy at #2 overall.

If true, this would open things up for the Vikings to trade up to 5 and take Daniels or Maye.
    I find it hard to believe much Dov says is true, until it's confirmed elsewhere. Also, this smells to me like prime pre-draft cow manure packaged up and whispered along as rumor to media.
    There's no way you take McCarthy over Maye unless your personnel department has been heavily drinking for 72 hours. Maye is a better prospect by a not-small margin.

Also, if WFT takes McCarthy and MIN somehow trades up to draft Maye, look out. I have some faith that CHI will screw up Caleb, but a half competent team could develop Maye into a franchise QB. I think McCarthy is ok but I also think he could easily get overdrafted.
    Presumably if WFT take McCarthy then Eliot Wolf will sprint the Maye card up to the podium for NE. All the same, I don't believe any rumors right now... everyone is lying why they open their mouths.

I've done some interactive mocks lately where DeJean is available at 25, Barton at 41, and Edgerrin Cooper at 58. Don't know if that's realistic, but I'd be pretty happy.
    Same. I think Barton is a good player who had the athleticism and versatility GB likes. DeJean is good, but is he a CB or a S? He's never played S so you probably have to give him a redshirt year to learn that, I'm not sure Gute does that. Maybe Hafley is a teaching savant and DeJean is a quick study.

Dov Kleiman
    @NFL_DovKleiman

i thought JJ WAS the vikings target and the guy they fell in love with?

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    DeJean is good, but is he a CB or a S?
    well, i believe the new scheme needs a safety that can play slot corner a lot of the time

so this is a perfect problem for him to have

and he has starting experience at both CB and as a lb/safety hybrid (exactly what we need) . so is he a cb or s? he's both, and excelled at both

well, i believe the new scheme needs a safety that can play slot corner a lot of the time
    So you don't think they'll play Jaire and Stokes outside and Nixon and Valentine inside when they need 4 corners? I agree with if you if they want to play a hybrid guy. I suppose it depends on injuries and the situation (down & distance).

They just paid Nixon $6M to play slot, but if a team goes 4 or 5 wide I see what you mean. Everything I've heard of DeJean at safety is that it's a projection though, hence my skepticism. I'm not sure they take a CB before late R3 based on all the bodies they have, but a trade could change that.

Can't really trust the grapevine stuff at 2 overall. It's a great time for a smokescreen or two.

Agree, Smuggs. Does anyone really think that JJ McCarthy is truly the second-best player in this draft? Even at the QB position?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Agree, Smuggs. Does anyone really think that JJ McCarthy is truly the second-best player in this draft? Even at the QB position?
    nope, but i don't think any of the QBs are really the best players in the draft

if this was 20 years ago, you probably wouldn't see any of these QBs goin gin the first round

teams just don't learn, thats why the bad ones keep staying bad. they keep overdrafting the hell out of these QB that have no place in the first round

first round QB's. good or shit?

2023 (too soon really, but whatever)

young #1- shit
    stroud-#2- good
    richardson #4- incomplete, too broken

picket #20- shit, already traded

2021 (perfect example of over drafting QBs)
    lawrence #1- not shit
    zach wilson #2- LOLOLOLOL
    trey lance #3- somehow worse then fucking wilson
    fields #11- as shitty as his team was, traded
    mac jones #15- shit, already traded

2020 (the one good year)

burrow #1- good
    tua #5- not bad
    herbert #6- just fine
    love #26 -

Kyler murray #1- coach killer? pretty blah
    daniel jones #6- horrid
    dwayne haskins #15- really bad then hit by dump truck while walking on highway

mayfield #1 - ok-ish? pretty average starting QB for the first overall pick, but still a starter
    sam darnold #3- the last "can't miss superstar" QB from USC. shit
    josh allen #7- HIT, A FUCKING HIT!!!!!!!
    josh rosen #10- complete shitshow
    lamar jackson #32- 2 time MVP with the last pick in the 1st

mitchy turbo #2- another shit player on a shitty team
    mahomes #10- he's ok
    watson #12- was good, now bad. he's gotta pay for it.

goff #1- just ok, nothing special, but not horrible. his first team didn't want him
    carson wentz #2- eh, not great, not completely shit. not very good for the #2 overall

winston #1- nope, that didnt work
    Marcus Mariota #2- this one didn't either

bortles #3- not even close
    johnny football #22- wow, just no
    bridgewater #32- might have been not shit if it wasn't for the injury. incomplete