Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Agree.
    I've heard so many different things about Kool-Aid that IDK what to think. (He's supposedly a lazy player.) As coach who wants to teach and develop players Hafley is going to want a CB he can mold into 'his guy'.

I like Wiggins but that weight at the combine is scary (173?) and likely disqualifies him. GB wants their CB's around 190.
    I think we can safely blame Kool-Aid's parents for his laziness. How can anyone named "Kool-Aid" possibly be expected to work hard?

I know this is not logical but I will be somewhat comforted if the Packers' first-round pick is NOT at a position of need. That kind of pick leads me to think the team really is going BPA and not by need. The whole schtick about "Yeah, he was the best player on our board . . . and he just so happens to fill our biggest need" is not necessarily untrue, but it can smell fishy.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I think we can safely blame Kool-Aid's parents for his laziness. How can anyone named "Kool-Aid" possibly be expected to work hard?

I know this is not logical but I will be somewhat comforted if the Packers' first-round pick is NOT at a position of need. That kind of pick leads me to think the team really is going BPA and not by need. The whole schtick about "Yeah, he was the best player on our board . . . and he just so happens to fill our biggest need" is not necessarily untrue, but it can smell fishy.
    I think they pick for need with the 1st 3 picks, just a hunch but I am starting to think it goes like this. 1st round trade down to late 1st or early 2nd, then OL/LB/Safety my guess is Graham Barton/Edgerrin Cooper/Jaden Hicks

McKinstry is a good "oh shit" pick, because it quite looks as if the best player available will not be at a position of much need. Ideally, a worthy o-line prospect falls into our laps. I don't see the good corners coming down to us. If we draft Wiggins, I am going to have serious doubts that the team actually intends to run more man-to-man on defense.

Interior O-line, LB, and safety are not first round positions.

He played like a lemon for the Packers. Your stats pretty much demonstrate what I'm saying about O Line quality not being very important, and mediocrity being good enough.
    Um... no, a lemon is not mediocrity. Newhouse was an average NFL player, that's not a lemon. You can get away with 2 of those guys on your OL, but if all you have is mediocrity across the board you're going to have an offense that can be easily exploited by a good pass rush, or one that is unable to run against many teams. in 2011 they had Sitton, Wells, Lang and Bulaga on the line - Newhouse was the least of the group. In 2012 it was the same group except Wells left and they signed a washed up Jeff Saturday. They went from 15-1 to 11-5... coincidence perhaps, but losing good OL hurts an offense.

Right now, Myers is basically mediocrity at C, Rhyan could be a liability. Tom and Jenkins are pretty good and Walker is improving. Nothing wrong with trying to get a LOT better at OL.

Moreover, who are you playing if Myers sprains his MCL? What if Tom hurts his shoulder? They have NO depth. Drafting a guy in R6 who is a year or two from seeing the field is not an option unless you want to get Jordan Love killed.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Um... no, a lemon is not mediocrity. Newhouse was an average NFL player, that's not a lemon. You can get away with 2 of those guys on your OL, but if all you have is mediocrity across the board you're going to have an offense that can be easily exploited by a good pass rush, or one that is unable to run against many teams. in 2011 they had Sitton, Wells, Lang and Bulaga on the line - Newhouse was the least of the group. In 2012 it was the same group except Wells left and they signed a washed up Jeff Saturday. They went from 15-1 to 11-5... coincidence perhaps, but losing good OL hurts an offense.

Right now, Myers is basically mediocrity at C, Rhyan could be a liability. Tom and Jenkins are pretty good and Walker is improving. Nothing wrong with trying to get a LOT better at OL.

Moreover, who are you playing if Myers sprains his MCL? What if Tom hurts his shoulder? They have NO depth. Drafting a guy in R6 who is a year or two from seeing the field is not an option unless you want to get Jordan Love killed.
    What I said was that Newhouse played like a lemon for the Packers, and I doubt many would dispute that. If he rose to the level of mediocre with other teams, good for him hahahaha. You said a team can get away with having two Newhouse level guys in their O Line? Do you mean post-Packer mediocre Newhouse or Packer lemon Newhouse? I've been saying all along you can get by with 4 or 5 mediocre O Linemen - the Packers have been that for most of the Favre/Rodgers/Love era. Saturday was indeed a total lemon with the Packers. I never had a very high opinion of Wells, and I wouldn't rate Bulaga or Lang any better than mediocre. Sitton was pretty good in his best years. All of them, however, seemed better than they were because of the great QBs we've had who could escape the pass rush. Bottom line IMO is that we don't need to use a high draft pick for O Line - probably ever. 3rd at the highest, more likely 4th or 5th is about right, That's where we got ya'all's sacred cow who I saw as ok, maybe a little above mediocre but not much even in his prime.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What I said was that Newhouse played like a lemon for the Packers, and I doubt many would dispute that. If he rose to the level of mediocre with other teams, good for him hahahaha. You said a team can get away with having two Newhouse level guys in their O Line? Do you mean post-Packer mediocre Newhouse or Packer lemon Newhouse? I've been saying all along you can get by with 4 or 5 mediocre O Linemen - the Packers have been that for most of the Favre/Rodgers/Love era. Saturday was indeed a total lemon with the Packers. I never had a very high opinion of Wells, and I wouldn't rate Bulaga or Lang any better than mediocre. Sitton was pretty good in his best years. All of them, however, seemed better than they were because of the great QBs we've had who could escape the pass rush. Bottom line IMO is that we don't need to use a high draft pick for O Line - probably ever. 3rd at the highest, more likely 4th or 5th is about right, That's where we got ya'all's sacred cow who I saw as ok, maybe a little above mediocre but not much even in his prime.
    LOL

ask a great QB and his Achilles how mediocre his OLs were. Funny how he lasted 4 passes once he switched teams.
    I think it's great you;re a Packer fan, I don't think you are a good judge of OL play. I'm fine leaving it at that.

I think the OL is top heavy with less talent available on day 3 than CB. I really want an OL (even interior) in round one, then we can grab a guy like max melton at the back end of 2.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Has anyone noticed that Cooper DeJean bears a bit of a resemblance to Carl 'Alfalfa' Switzer?
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Has anyone noticed that Cooper DeJean bears a bit of a resemblance to Carl 'Alfalfa' Switzer?

I see it!

I hope he has a better career than Carl Switzer did. Dude ended up getting only bit parts after The Little Rascals and ended up as a dog trainer and hunting guide/bartender. Murdered at the age of 31.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

I see it!

I hope he has a better career than Carl Switzer did. Dude ended up getting only bit parts after The Little Rascals and ended up as a dog trainer and hunting guide/bartender. Murdered at the age of 31.
    Yes!!

His whole Packer career, Rodgers was rushed horribly. Maybe by the time he got to the Jets, he wasn't mobile as when he was younger. Or maybe it was just bad luck - like most injuries to anybody. As for judging O Line play, I know what I see and what I have seen all through the Rodgers and Favre years and a good deal of time before that. I remember several QBs the Packers were forced by injuries to use, most notably Seneca Wallace, who had to deal with the same kind of pass rush as Rodgers, and it wasn't a pretty sight. It's the QB that makes the O Line seem good or bad.

Blog Entries
    Tex your ability to rate Oline talent is worse than piss poor. There are countless examples of this in your posts over the years.
    Where do you get this bullshit that Packer OLines were mediocre at best and ARod and his great skill is what kept us in the games in which he played? That's a total crock of shit. We have had many capable OLineman that you criticize unfairly.

Focusing on your extreme criticism of David Bahktiari is an example of your bizarre player evaluations. This guy is one of the best Olineman in Packer History. On November 15, 2020, the Packers signed Dave to a four-year, $105.5 million contract extension that would make him the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history. He twice a first team all pro, THREE times a 2nd team All Pro, 3 times Pro Bowler. But I guess those honors don't count because they involve "the goddamned media"?

The Packers didn't put good lines in front of Rodgers? That is total bullshit. In 2020 we had 2 1st team All Pro Olinemen and Elly Jenkins was named a Pro Bowler. But I guess those players ain't good enough for coach Tex.

Lose your "Y'alls Sacred cow" for the simple reason that you have no clue what you are talking about.
    Last edited by KYPack; 04-03-2024 at 11:21 PM.

KYP, you and the rest of the sacred cow worshiping clique in here must be blind. Virtually every pass play, Rodgers was rushed quickly and horribly, and a helluva a lot of it was outside rush through Bakhtiari's spot. It was the mobility and overall quality of Rodgers (and Favre before him and now Love) that made the O Line seem to some as good, few sacks given up, etc. Do ya'all not recall the few times other lesser QBs were back there (the first one I mentioned that comes to mind was Seneca Wallace) running for their lives due to the porous O Line blocking? Do ya'all also not recall that by far the most successful running plays were through the center/guard holes, with much less success outside or off tackle with the sacred cow blocking?

And through it all, the team was near the top just about every year - no thanks to the O Lines.

This being the draft thread, my position was and is that I HOPE they don't use a first or probably second round either pick for O Line, as firstly, the likelihood of a bust being picked there is higher and secondly and probably more important,, just ok or generally mediocre O Linemen, as the Packers have had just about all the time since the Lombardi era, are plenty good enough assuming you have excellence at the skill positions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    KYP, you and the rest of the sacred cow worshiping clique in here must be blind. Virtually every pass play, Rodgers was rushed quickly and horribly, and a helluva a lot of it was outside rush through Bakhtiari's spot. It was the mobility and overall quality of Rodgers (and Favre before him and now Love) that made the O Line seem to some as good, few sacks given up, etc. Do ya'all not recall the few times other lesser QBs were back there (the first one I mentioned that comes to mind was Seneca Wallace) running for their lives due to the porous O Line blocking? Do ya'all also not recall that by far the most successful running plays were through the center/guard holes, with much less success outside or off tackle with the sacred cow blocking?

And through it all, the team was near the top just about every year - no thanks to the O Lines.

This being the draft thread, my position was and is that I HOPE they don't use a first or probably second round either pick for O Line, as firstly, the likelihood of a bust being picked there is higher and secondly and probably more important,, just ok or generally mediocre O Linemen, as the Packers have had just about all the time since the Lombardi era, are plenty good enough assuming you have excellence at the skill positions.
    The forum members are blind? I guess the All-Pro selectors, the Packer coaches and Green Bay management were quite myopic too. Your assertions are pure hogwash. I don't know why you keep up these foolish ideas of yours, but let me assure you they have no basis in fact.
    This bullshit you keep peddling also reflects negatively on your credibilty.
    Last edited by KYPack; 04-04-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Tex's ability to rank OL is rivaled only by APB's ability to rank cold play music.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Tex's ability to rank OL is rivaled only by APB's ability to rank cold play music.
    1. Clocks
    2. The Scientist
    3. In My Place
    4. People of the Pride
    5. A Rush of Blood to the Head
    6. Coloratura
    7. Orphans
    8. Let Somebody Go
    9. Don’t Panic
    10. Speed of Sound
    11. Amsterdam
    12. Yellow
    13. Champions of the World
    14. Violet Hill
    15. Everglow
    16. Viva La Vida
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Shadow’s Packers Mock Draft:

1. CB Cooper DeJean
    2. WR Ladd McConkey
    2. RB Will Shipley
    3. S Cole Bishop
    3. LB Tommy Eichenberg
    4. Edge Jonah Elliss
    5. DT Logan Lee
    6. TE Tanner McLachlan
    7. OT Garret Greenfield
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Shadow’s Packers Mock Draft:

1. CB Cooper DeJean
    2. WR Ladd McConkey
    2. RB Will Shipley
    3. S Cole Bishop
    3. LB Tommy Eichenberg
    4. Edge Jonah Elliss
    5. DT Logan Lee
    6. TE Tanner McLachlan
    7. OT Garret Greenfield
    .................................................. ...
    I think you forgot Dylan Laube.

Are Tex and apb the same person. Man - that’d be hilarious.

Nah. I can honestly say I've never listened to even on of those Coldplay songs - and never will.

What is the response for ya'all sacred cow worshipers to the idea that Rodgers had to escape horrible pass rush pressure his whole career, much more than most QBs on most teams, and that the few times we had to use backup QBs like Seneca Wallace, the porous O Line got exposed by that horrible pressure on the QB? I would think that shit is pretty hard to deny for anybody who ain't blind. Also, the fact that the Packer running game was extremely much more successful up the middle instead of off tackle or outside - how do ya'all get out of that one?