Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Analyzing two games of Seneca Wallace isn't the slam dunk you think it is.

Neither is a generalized statement about success inside runs versus outside runs.

Neither is constantly insulting anyone that doesn't agree with you.

I get it. You're smarter than everyone else and nobody will convince you otherwise.

Is that the clique's response? To your credit, you're not denying the obvious - that Packer QBs were horribly rushed most of the time for the past couple of decades. I'll also give you credit for remembering Seneca Wallace. It wasn't quite as bad with Tolzien or Hundley or whoever as they had a little bit of mobility, just not like Rodgers or Favre. But through it all, the mediocrity of the O Line was consistent. And good job also of acknowledging the "generalized statement" about the run game. Nothing is all the time, but it sure was a "generalized thing" that most of the success was inside running.

Insults? I reserve terms like dumbass for a select few in here - usually counterpunching. Have I ever called you that? or KYP? or most of the rest of ya'all. If you think calling ya'all "sacred cow worshipers" is an insult, that would be kinda acknowledging that it's a bad thing to be hahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Is that the clique's response? To your credit, you're not denying the obvious - that Packer QBs were horribly rushed most of the time for the past couple of decades. I'll also give you credit for remembering Seneca Wallace. It wasn't quite as bad with Tolzien or Hundley or whoever as they had a little bit of mobility, just not like Rodgers or Favre. But through it all, the mediocrity of the O Line was consistent. And good job also of acknowledging the "generalized statement" about the run game. Nothing is all the time, but it sure was a "generalized thing" that most of the success was inside running.

Insults? I reserve terms like dumbass for a select few in here - usually counterpunching. Have I ever called you that? or KYP? or most of the rest of ya'all. If you think calling ya'all "sacred cow worshipers" is an insult, that would be kinda acknowledging that it's a bad thing to be hahahaha.
    https://wisportsheroics.com/the-grea...n-rodgers-era/

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Other than Bulaga, who was injury-prone and probably a tad above par when he did suit up, none of the Yokozunas listed were 1st rounders. Moral of the story? Pack ain’t need to waste 1st rounders on Yokozunas.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

As I get older and realize I know less than I thought I did, I am less certain of what the Packers "should" do with the draft. I have tendencies - trade back rather than up, build from the lines on out, and so on - but those are just extensions of my own personality quirks rather than opinions rooted in research and study.

So I don't know what the hell would be a good first-round move, or even what would constitute a good draft, except that there better be some safeties and linebackers and offensive linemen in there, and a running back, too.

I saw APB post The Shadow's mock draft, I think it was, and a wide receiver named "Ladd McConkey" or something like that was listed as a pick in the second round. Doesn't seem like they'd want another wide receiver in an early round, but doesn't his name remind you of "Boaty McBoatface," and wouldn't that be a fun name to kick around in discussions?

I only really know some of the big names that are tossed around here and in the few articles I read, so if the Packers draft someone I haven't really read about, I'll probably think it's a bad pick, even though I don't know shit.

It's fun to be a fan.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    As I get older and realize I know less than I thought I did, I am less certain of what the Packers "should" do with the draft. I have tendencies - trade back rather than up, build from the lines on out, and so on - but those are just extensions of my own personality quirks rather than opinions rooted in research and study.

So I don't know what the hell would be a good first-round move, or even what would constitute a good draft, except that there better be some safeties and linebackers and offensive linemen in there, and a running back, too.

I saw APB post The Shadow's mock draft, I think it was, and a wide receiver named "Ladd McConkey" or something like that was listed as a pick in the second round. Doesn't seem like they'd want another wide receiver in an early round, but doesn't his name remind you of "Boaty McBoatface," and wouldn't that be a fun name to kick around in discussions?

I only really know some of the big names that are tossed around here and in the few articles I read, so if the Packers draft someone I haven't really read about, I'll probably think it's a bad pick, even though I don't know shit.

It's fun to be a fan.
    I didn't know most of the players APB posted, but I am assuming they were all white and the post was in jest. It has some humor value and required some research which is why I don't hate on APB as much as many here do.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

I don't know single person that agrees with this line of argument. Many completely and utterly disagree, including people with coaching and playing experiences and people who's job is to evaluate their play

We must therefore except one of two things.

All these other people, each of us included, are" blind," and Tex is right in seeing something none of us can understand.

Or

Tex is completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    I don't know single person that agrees with this line of argument. Many completely and utterly disagree, including people with coaching and playing experiences and people who's job is to evaluate their play

We must therefore except one of two things.

All these other people, each of us included, are" blind," and Tex is right in seeing something none of us can understand.

Or

Tex is completely wrong.
    There are many examples of the crowd being wrong and the lone voice being right. Tex has never been one of those examples.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    There are many examples of the crowd being wrong and the lone voice being right. Tex has never been one of those examples.
    There are far more examples of a single voice being wrong and the crowd being right.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    There are far more examples of a single voice being wrong and the crowd being right.
    Naturally. I thought that was embedded in my post.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Nah. I can honestly say I've never listened to even on of those Coldplay songs - and never will.

What is the response for ya'all sacred cow worshipers to the idea that Rodgers had to escape horrible pass rush pressure his whole career, much more than most QBs on most teams, and that the few times we had to use backup QBs like Seneca Wallace, the porous O Line got exposed by that horrible pressure on the QB? I would think that shit is pretty hard to deny for anybody who ain't blind. Also, the fact that the Packer running game was extremely much more successful up the middle instead of off tackle or outside - how do ya'all get out of that one?
    Seriously, check out Clocks.

The lights go out and Butte can’t be saved
    Tides that he tried to swim against
    Have brought him down upon his knees

Come out upon Butte’s seas
    Cursed missed opportunities
    Is Love a part of the cure?
    Or is Love part of the disease?

Butte is
    Butte is
    Butte is
    And no one else compares
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Seriously, check out Clocks.

The lights go out and Butte can’t be saved
    Tides that he tried to swim against
    Have brought him down upon his knees

Come out upon Butte’s seas
    Cursed missed opportunities
    Is Love a part of the cure?
    Or is Love part of the disease?

Butte is
    Butte is
    Butte is
    And no one else compares
    Are you perfecting chatgpt lyrics leveraging famous songs. I dig

Yeah it's been well established Tex doesn't know OL.
    FWIW, I saw a PFF chart that showed Jordan Love was pressured 212 times last year. Dak was pressured 229 times, Brock Purdy 245, Jalen Hurts 270, Mahomes 303 (!)

I honestly don't care if they draft Graham Barton at 25 if he becomes the next Zach Martin. I'm expecting it their R1 pick to be non-splashy tbh. They aren't drafting a WR without trading someone (Watson? Doubs?) to make room.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Yeah it's been well established Tex doesn't know OL.
    FWIW, I saw a PFF chart that showed Jordan Love was pressured 212 times last year. Dak was pressured 229 times, Brock Purdy 245, Jalen Hurts 270, Mahomes 303 (!)

I honestly don't care if they draft Graham Barton at 25 if he becomes the next Zach Martin. I'm expecting it their R1 pick to be non-splashy tbh. They aren't drafting a WR without trading someone (Watson? Doubs?) to make room.
    I just saw a mock with a new name thrown out there and it screams Gutes to be honest. Payton Wilson LB. 9.88 RAS and the number that jumped out to me was 17.5 tackles for a loss. He has size too at 6'3" and 233. Can probably pack 10 pounds of muscle if he is a self starter. No one really thinks LB as our first rounder in this particular draft, but we have a need, dude can ball, and Gutes rarely follows the "mocks". This is a total outlier and I could totally see him pulling that trigger while we all throw shit at the TV.

Payton Wilson

The problem is he is an older prospect with a major injuries history. Outstanding player - but those are pretty heavy red flags.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
    Payton Wilson

The problem is he is an older prospect with a major injuries history. Outstanding player - but those are pretty heavy red flags.
    yeah those are

good looking player, but i don't think you take him in the first with those flags

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    yeah those are

good looking player, but i don't think you take him in the first with those flags
    Wouldn't take him at 25. But with 2 2nd and 2 3rd round picks, I'd be tempted to take him at 41. Walker and Wilson could cover a lot of ground. Wilson could even line up as box safety in some situations.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

yeah those are

I didn't start paying attention to him until he blew the doors off of the Combine, but I think he's on a lot of people's radar now. He's a freakish athlete who just rocked the Combine, but that injury history.... 2 ACLs, on I think the same knee, shoulder surgery... plus, I've noticed he often has a hard time beating blockers (even tight ends), which - when you consider that a lot of the blockers he has touble beating are 2, even 3 years younger than he is - makes him slip a bit for me. He also plays high, which seems to make it easier for blockers to knock him off balance, and has some weaknesses in his tackling technique - tends to give up a lot of yards after contact.

But he's a smart player, with a great attitude, and technique is coachable. I think 2nd round is a little early, but I wouldn't mind him in the 3rd and would be quite happy to get him in the 4th. I just suspect someone will take him in the first 60 or so, because he's a pretty shiny object. He's got a terrific upside, if he stays healthy.
    Last edited by Frozen Tundra; 04-07-2024 at 05:42 PM.

i'm liking a few of the other safeties the more i hear and read about them

draft is weak for free safeties, but there seems to be a bunch of guys that are decent at "in the box/nickel" type guys. which is what we need

bullard from georgia
    bishop from utah
    hicks from washington state
    tykee smith from georgia
    james williams from miami (built like a LB)

we can get a starter after the first round, probably even in the third or later

i'm liking a few of the other safeties the more i hear and read about them

draft is weak for free safeties, but there seems to be a bunch of guys that are decent at "in the box/nickel" type guys. which is what we need

bullard from georgia
    bishop from utah
    hicks from washington state
    tykee smith from georgia
    james williams from miami (built like a LB)

we can get a starter after the first round, probably even in the third or later
    My money is on Gute taking Hicks and I think he takes him earlier than what all the "Draft Experts" say he's going to go - possibly with one of the 2nd rounders. The more I read about Hicks, the more I like.

Cole Bishop is another Safety I think the Packers are gonna look hard at and could take early.

Another safety I've been eyeing in the later rounds (4-5) is Malik Mustapha, Wake Forest.