Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    I was just looking up all time NBA ppg leaders and saw Jordan at the top. At 6’6” 210 with his movement skills, I wonder what kind of receiver he would have been. Shit, I imagine he’d be the best athlete at the position of all time. He claims he ran a 4.3 40. Yeah, he’d be the goat for sure. I guess without shoes he’s 6’5”, so that 210 is in the ideal range for build.
    It would be unlike Jordan to exaggerate his prowess too.... Iverson might have run a 4.3, but I doubt Jordan ever saw sub 4.5.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

NFLmockdraftdatabase has these as Packer picks in their 2 round consensus mock draft.

9. J.C. Latham - OT - Alabama

42. Andrew Mukuba - S - Clemson

48. Tyler Guyton - OT - Oklahoma
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

That would be drafting for need. I mean, if it falls that way I'm good with it, but BPA is always the way to go. If we draft top 10 BPA very well may be a tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    That would be drafting for need. I mean, if it falls that way I'm good with it, but BPA is always the way to go. If we draft top 10 BPA very well may be a tackle.
    Those picks were fairly consistent with their big board. None would be a major reach.

Ford is playing pretty good at S and Savage hasn't been a complete tire fire but needs to be replaced. Talent wise, its the only hole on the D. Our OL, which should have been a strength this year is the bane of the offense. RB room needs to be revamped as well, but you can do a lot with retread RBs if you have superior OL play.

Going all out on OL in the next draft makes sense. We have young talent all over the offense that needs to play out before we start drafting replacements. The only for CERTAIN positions that need an injection of talent are LT, C, and RB. Tom had a rough go vs. some really top notch competition and brings me back to my original opinion that G or C are his best positions. Walker is improving and could be the answer at one of the T positions. We have a base to work with, but could use another player or 2 in that room to bring the level up.

I just saw Michigan play last night, and they've got a kid who's a TE that was really impressive. Loveland, I think his name is? Big, rangy, fast, good hands. I don't know if he'll go into the draft - I think he's a sophomore? - but man, he was impressive. So if you're going BPA, hmm....would you take another TE?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I just saw Michigan play last night, and they've got a kid who's a TE that was really impressive. Loveland, I think his name is? Big, rangy, fast, good hands. I don't know if he'll go into the draft - I think he's a sophomore? - but man, he was impressive. So if you're going BPA, hmm....would you take another TE?
    Possibly. BPA doesn't mean you completely ignore your needs, but it does mean you don't pass up one a player that's clearly better just because you have a hole to fill somewhere else. Most of the time there's probably several players rated similarly. In that case you can tie break based on need.

I’m hoping we lose a bunch. I want a QB. And there are 6 possible first rounders this year.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

We currently have the 7th pick in the draft. Those top 2 picks are kind of gold this year. Let’s hope the injuries keep mounting and Love keeps stinking.

Last time Packers drafted 7th was 1988 and they drafted Sterling Sharpe.

Looking at our schedule, I see us winning a maximum of 4 more games. At our current rate of injuries and dysfunction, it could certainly be less.

Packers have picks 7, 39 and 49.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Im honestly hoping we stink it up at this point. I want top 2, 3 at the lowest. There are some QBs this year.

Im honestly hoping we stink it up at this point. I want top 2, 3 at the lowest. There are some QBs this year.
    Also the Bears and Cards have "their guy" under large contracts so they may be willing to drop back a couple spots. I'd like to pick top 6. 7 is the outer limit to be able to swing up to 1. And thats if we deem it necessary to move on from Love. If we aren't sure yet, maybe draft Alt at 7-9 and trade our 2nd and 3rd for capital next year in the expectation of needing to move up for a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Also the Bears and Cards have "their guy" under large contracts so they may be willing to drop back a couple spots. I'd like to pick top 6. 7 is the outer limit to be able to swing up to 1. And thats if we deem it necessary to move on from Love. If we aren't sure yet, maybe draft Alt at 7-9 and trade our 2nd and 3rd for capital next year in the expectation of needing to move up for a QB.
    I think the Bears and Cards could move on from Fields and Murray without blinking.
    Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are highly coveted prospects. They will both go Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I think the Bears and Cards could move on from Fields and Murray without blinking.
    Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are highly coveted prospects. They will both go Top 3.
    Right. No one is passing up a rare top qb prospect for Fields or Murray.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I'm still pissed a little that Rodgers got hurt, and definitely pissed that the Jest and their shitty QB beat the Iggles. That's how a defense wins games.

I also don't know why nobody's nicknamed Chicago's QB "Strawberry" Fields. Cuz then they'd keep him forever!
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries

KUDOS for saying it

Embrace the Tank for the greater good
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Lotta football left in the season. Sucks to be talking draft this early.
    I don't want them to tank. If they lose they lose, but I want them to at least show signs of improvement. Haven't seen much of that -- the opposite, actually -- lately.

Right now, it seems like every play there's 10 people doing what they should and one screwing up and wrecking the play. If that happens less at end of season they'll look like a better team.
    Injuries are messing with them pretty good, as are cap constraints. All the same, there won't be excuses for these players much longer. With the snaps they are getting, many of the young players should stop be acting like rookies in December.

Excellent post from you, run pMc.

Tanking anytime is the idiotic crap that losers do. And it’s way too early to discuss draft needs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?