Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Tank talk is stupid. You want these men to continue to fight and improve.

Curious who the top QBs are in the next draft are though.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post

Caleb Williams of USC and Drake Maye of North Carolina are the top 2. They've both top 5 picks. There are another 4 or 5 that could go later in the 1st round.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post

I'm not suggesting we lose on purpose. I want them to improve and even hopefully win some. I just want to trade guys like Preston who won't be around for the future. That will lead to "tanking". But should they finish the season on an upswing, thats a huge bonus.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I'm not suggesting we lose on purpose. I want them to improve and even hopefully win some. I just want to trade guys like Preston who won't be around for the future. That will lead to "tanking". But should they finish the season on an upswing, thats a huge bonus.
    That is called smart GM work there....why not trade someone like Smith who can help a playoff team but add to the Packers future?
    C.H.U.D.

Trading some of your pricey, established and aging starters is the only way you can 'tank' and not completely lose your locker room. I still doubt they do much though. Preston would cost a bunch to trade and I don't think you get a lot back. Maybe a late Day 3 pick? I'd rather keep him for the 30 snaps a gae he could play setting the edge. LVN isn't ready yet, Gary is almost off the pitch count but wants a Brinks truck extension, and Enagbare can't stop the run. I think he has more value to GB than say JAX.

The other thing is few GMs and even fewer coaches survive a tank season and make it to the other side. Tanking often comes down from the owner, and GB is a little different that way. I don't think after the success they've had in the last 30 years tanking is something they'd even consider.

If you go into tank mode barely halfway into your season, that's a bad look for fans and players.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Caleb Williams of USC and Drake Maye of North Carolina are the top 2. They've both top 5 picks. There are another 4 or 5 that could go later in the 1st round.
    It would be kind of funny if Guter traded back into the 24th spot and then picked . . . a QB.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Trading some of your pricey, established and aging starters is the only way you can 'tank' and not completely lose your locker room. I still doubt they do much though. Preston would cost a bunch to trade and I don't think you get a lot back. Maybe a late Day 3 pick? I'd rather keep him for the 30 snaps a gae he could play setting the edge. LVN isn't ready yet, Gary is almost off the pitch count but wants a Brinks truck extension, and Enagbare can't stop the run. I think he has more value to GB than say JAX.

The other thing is few GMs and even fewer coaches survive a tank season and make it to the other side. Tanking often comes down from the owner, and GB is a little different that way. I don't think after the success they've had in the last 30 years tanking is something they'd even consider.

If you go into tank mode barely halfway into your season, that's a bad look for fans and players.
    Getting rid of coaches and GMs without giving them a chance to rebuild comes down from owners as well. Gutes and MiLF can survive it....and will.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

They will survive because it ain’t the Packer way to panic and fire coaches or GMs too much quick. Hopefully, though, the patience has run out for Barry.

As for the generally stupid concept of rebuilding, that absolutely was not necessary after the McCarthy years, fine tuning at most.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    They will survive because it ain’t the Packer way to panic and fire coaches or GMs too much quick. Hopefully, though, the patience has run out for Barry.

As for the generally stupid concept of rebuilding, that absolutely was not necessary after the McCarthy years, fine tuning at most.

Weren't you the same guy who said GB would be absolutely screwed if they ever let AROD go.........and......it's never happen ?

What's happening is pretty much what you said would, before they sent him to the J.E.T.S. Jets Jets Jets
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    MARVELOUS MARVIN HARRISON>.......UNSTOPPABLE
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    MARVELOUS MARVIN HARRISON>.......UNSTOPPABLE
    TreVeyon Henderson more likely to be a Packer.

Blog Entries
    That is NOT exciting at all

OT JC Latham another Buckeye who could be a Packer.

I know it’s heresy as a Badger fan, but I’d rather have Henderson than Braelon Allen. I’d also rather have him than Harrison.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    That is NOT exciting at all
    Hey Bretsky! Marvin Harrison starting to look more in reach for Packers.

TOP 5 pick here we come

lets get a good QB not from USC

Packers #6 right now. Could be #5 by the end of the day.

OT JC Latham another Buckeye who could be a Packer.
    JC Latham plays for Alabamer

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    TOP 5 pick here we come

lets get a good QB not from USC
    Wait a second . . . as I hear from a friend, this Caleb Williams wants part ownership in whatever team drafts him?

What could be better than the Green Bay Packers, if that's the case? He could be an owner, no problem!

"The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Wait a second . . . as I hear from a friend, this Caleb Williams wants part ownership in whatever team drafts him?

What could be better than the Green Bay Packers, if that's the case? He could be an owner, no problem!

NO THANK YOU

every single USC qb gets hyped to the moon, and is called a can't miss franchise QB by every single pundit out there

and they all turn out to suck horse cock in the NFL

no thank you to a USC qb