Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Hey Bretsky! Marvin Harrison starting to look more in reach for Packers.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    NO THANK YOU

every single USC qb gets hyped to the moon, and is called a can't miss franchise QB by every single pundit out there

and they all turn out to suck horse cock in the NFL

no thank you to a USC qb
    Way to jersey scout. Seriously, I don't think GB has a shot at him and while I think he'd be a step up from Jordan Love he might not pan out either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I know it’s heresy as a Badger fan, but I’d rather have Henderson than Braelon Allen. I’d also rather have him than Harrison.

I think nearly everybody would take him as a pro over Allen

Saying you want him over Harrison is one of your WORST POSTS EVER
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I said Henderson over Harrison based on the comparative importance of the position - RB to WR. Henderson reminds me of Aaron Jones only faster. Harrison reminds me of any of the 5 or 10 best WRs in the NFL. It's a close call, but I just think 2 things: a great RB dominates more than a great WR, and greatness in college translates better to the NFL for RBs than WRs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I said Henderson over Harrison based on the comparative importance of the position - RB to WR. Henderson reminds me of Aaron Jones only faster. Harrison reminds me of any of the 5 or 10 best WRs in the NFL. It's a close call, but I just think 2 things: a great RB dominates more than a great WR, and greatness in college translates better to the NFL for RBs than WRs.

Wait, have you not been paying attention to the NFL over the past few years ? Year after year after year after year the game, and draft is valuing WR"s way over RB's. So are the GM's, and teams

Harrison IMO is the best player in college football and is going top 5...most project him in the top 3.

I'm not sure the OSU running back if even the top RB

Yeah, that's obvious. And if I was drafting, I probably wouldn't take either a RB or WR in the first round. But if either was a sure thing (which of course could never happen) to be the position GOAT, who would you take? Jim Brown or Jerry Rice? (or substitute a different RB or WR if you prefer) - THAT illustrates why I say RB over WR. Also, that trend the past few years you mentioned, that has a lot to do with the increase in passing. Don't be surprised if that changes back at least a little bit the next decade or so. Also, regarding Harrison, how many great college WRs look unstoppable against college DBs and then flounder in the NFL? More than fast shifty RBs I would guess.
    Last edited by texaspackerbacker; 10-31-2023 at 12:11 AM.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Bust rate on any position is high.

Scouts love Harrison and think he's a top 5 if not top 3 player.
    I could see GB kicking the tires on the OSU RB in Round 3 if he's there. They will absolutely be redoing their RB room this off season. The rumors about Johnathon Taylor and now sniffing around for RBs at the trade deadline are smoke to a fire. Dillon's contract expires and Jones counts like 17-18M vs the cap next year... plus he's aging and isn't a full time back (if still dynamic with the ball).

Henderson is not the top RB in the class. There's some debate over who it is - seems like either Rocket Sanders, the FSU kid, or Blake Corum. None of them strike me as Day 1 picks, I could see a lot of RBs going Day 2 and early Day 3.

There doesn't seem to be a consensus yet on who the top RB is. Quite possibly none in the 1st round. Could be 7 or more on Day 2.

If I were Gute with a top 5 pick I'd be taking Fashanu over Harrison. Harrison in great though. Might be the best prospect at WR since the 2011 draft produced A.J. Green and Julio Jones.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

They can draft all the dynamic rb's or wr's they want, but if they don't fix the offensive line it will not matter.

Top teams in current draft order and whether they'll be looking for a QB:

1. Arizona - Don't think so. Murray is signed through 2028. Might want Harrison
    2. Carolina - No
    3. Chicago - Maybe. Depends on how Ryan Poles feels about Fields. Poles did not draft Fields.
    4. N.Y. Giants - Maybe
    5. New England - Probably
    6. Green Bay - Highly unlikely
    7. Indianapolis - No
    8. Las Vegas - Yes
    9. Denver - Probably
    10. L.A. Rams - Probably

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    I'm glad tex isn't the GM lol

and yes, I suspect Penix will sell a lot of jerseys

5-11 is a little pessimistic for me, but they have a lot to fix and if they don't that could be right. Agree 5-11 gets you a top 10 pick.
    Top teams in current draft order and whether they'll be looking for a QB:

1. Arizona - Don't think so. Murray is signed through 2028. Might want Harrison
    2. Carolina - No
    3. Chicago - Maybe. Depends on how Ryan Poles feels about Fields. Poles did not draft Fields.
    4. N.Y. Giants - Maybe
    5. New England - Probably
    6. Green Bay - Highly unlikely
    7. Indianapolis - No
    8. Las Vegas - Yes
    9. Denver - Probably
    10. L.A. Rams - Probably
    Bears own Carolina’s 2024 1st rounder. Bears will definitely be drafting a qb with one of those pics. Not sure about the Giants- their qb will be in year 2 of a 4year/160 million contract. Hoodie will definitely take a qb- after 3 years, he knows Jones isn’t a Super Bowl qb. Packers will need to be in the top 2 if they want drake or Caleb

Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    Bears own Carolina’s 2024 1st rounder. Bears will definitely be drafting a qb with one of those pics. Not sure about the Giants- their qb will be in year 2 of a 4year/160 million contract. Hoodie will definitely take a qb- after 3 years, he knows Jones isn’t a Super Bowl qb. Packers will need to be in the top 2 if they want drake or Caleb
    Agree. Bears are taking a QB with Carolina's pick unless they drink way, way too much Kool-Aid that Bagent is the answer. (he isn't.)
    I think they know about Fields already, especially after the "coaching" answer he had to walk back. If Ebersole survives the year (unlikely, but the McCaskey's are cheap so you never know) he'll be happy to move on.

I could absolutely see a team like SF getting a hold of Fields next year to see if they can make a reclamation project out of him and turn him into a what they envisioned with Trey Lance.

I think every team listed in that top 10 except Indy and Carolina would consider a QB, depending on where they end up in draft order. If GB is sitting at #2, you take the QB. If they stay around 7, they will take a tackle (whichever of Fashanu and Alt is there). A capable LT could help improve their OL vastly.

Packers now with picks 6, 38, 50, 70 and 88.

With a top 6-7 pick they need to do one of 2 things. Either move up and draft one of the big 2 at QB if you think you can't win with Love, or stay put and take the best OT available. There are several with top 15 grades. Then if you really want to win the trenches you use some of that excess capital to move up and get another one. Then you pray that with a rebuilt OL the rest of the offense improves with experience and things turn around.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

My Packers 3 round mock draft:

6. Joe Alt - OT - Notre Dame

38. Tyler Nubin - S - Minnesota

50. TreVeyon Henderson - RB - Ohio St.

70. Caelon Carson - CB - Wake Forest

88. Christian Mahogany - IOL - Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    With a top 6-7 pick they need to do one of 2 things. Either move up and draft one of the big 2 at QB if you think you can't win with Love, or stay put and take the best OT available. There are several with top 15 grades. Then if you really want to win the trenches you use some of that excess capital to move up and get another one. Then you pray that with a rebuilt OL the rest of the offense improves with experience and things turn around.
    To be in a position to get either of the two big qb’s, Green Bay currently would need to trade up to #1. At #2 and also with a need at qb, sit the bears. And they aren’t trading that to GB.

And if we go by last years car/chi trade, it’s
    Going to cost a kings ransom to get to #1. I imagine it would cost at least this years 1, 2 and next years 1 to move to #1. It’s a ripoff according to jimmy Johnson’s value chart, but Arizona will have a few suitors to get into position for a chance at 1 of the 2 franchise qbs.

I like the idea of sitting put and getting Alt or Fashanu(even though Fashanu was destroyed by Buckeye Tuimoloau a couple weeks ago.)

That doesn’t leave enough capital to move up with the “excess picks” to get into the 15 range for another Tackle. Also, there are too many holes on this team to be giving up all that draft capital .

Blog Entries
    There doesn't seem to be a consensus yet on who the top RB is. Quite possibly none in the 1st round. Could be 7 or more on Day 2.

If I were Gute with a top 5 pick I'd be taking Fashanu over Harrison. Harrison in great though. Might be the best prospect at WR since the 2011 draft produced A.J. Green and Julio Jones.

I think hes the best WR prospect since Calvin Johnson

Blog Entries
    Marvin Harrison round one and then use the rest of the draft to pluck away the fricking OL and DL

we need to pick up a RB somewhere

jones isn't going to stick around if he's only getting 5 carries a game

and dillon sucks 90% of the time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we need to pick up a RB somewhere

jones isn't going to stick around if he's only getting 5 carries a game

and dillon sucks 90% of the time

If they resign Dillon, who was Gutebag's 2nd round draft pick, I'll feel sick