Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2024 NFL Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    If they resign Dillon, who was Gutebag's 2nd round draft pick, I'll feel sick
    Dillon is awful. He’s a career backup. Get him for 3M and I’m cool. Might as well keep Jones around. He’s not slowing down. He’s always been injury prone. But if you can get him at a decent price, keep him.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Dillon is awful. He’s a career backup. Get him for 3M and I’m cool. Might as well keep Jones around. He’s not slowing down. He’s always been injury prone. But if you can get him at a decent price, keep him.

When you look at some of the 2nd round RB as of late....and then think....we got Dillon...yikes
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Eddie Lacy was a second round pick and 10x the contributor that Dillon is. Dillon will not sign for any decent money with anyone because he is soft as hell and sucks. Wouldn’t surprise me if this is his last year. He’s that bad.

Dillon needs to train really hard for speed and explosiveness and quickness. 100% toward movement and zero focus on size. He can’t do it at that weight. He needs to come down 10lbs and he has a chance to stick around as a good backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Travisb72 View Post
    To be in a position to get either of the two big qb’s, Green Bay currently would need to trade up to #1. At #2 and also with a need at qb, sit the bears. And they aren’t trading that to GB.

And if we go by last years car/chi trade, it’s
    Going to cost a kings ransom to get to #1. I imagine it would cost at least this years 1, 2 and next years 1 to move to #1. It’s a ripoff according to jimmy Johnson’s value chart, but Arizona will have a few suitors to get into position for a chance at 1 of the 2 franchise qbs.

I like the idea of sitting put and getting Alt or Fashanu(even though Fashanu was destroyed by Buckeye Tuimoloau a couple weeks ago.)

That doesn’t leave enough capital to move up with the “excess picks” to get into the 15 range for another Tackle. Also, there are too many holes on this team to be giving up all that draft capital .
    I generally agree with you here, however, Jimmy himself acknowledges that his chart doesn't apply to franchise QBs. If you believe in the one you can get in position to get and you don't believe in Love you pay up.

However I still think they can win with JLove and I want to stay put as well. I should have been clear about trading up after that. I'm thinking more like packaging our 2nd with jets 2nd and maybe a 3rd to move up if a guy you have a high grade on slips to the early 20's where you may be able to get. Or they can get over the Yosh hate and lock him up to play RT and move Tom to C. Then the OL looks a world better.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    we need to pick up a RB somewhere

jones isn't going to stick around if he's only getting 5 carries a game

and dillon sucks 90% of the time
    There are always good RBs available that can run behind good blocking.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I generally agree with you here, however, Jimmy himself acknowledges that his chart doesn't apply to franchise QBs. If you believe in the one you can get in position to get and you don't believe in Love you pay up.

However I still think they can win with JLove and I want to stay put as well. I should have been clear about trading up after that. I'm thinking more like packaging our 2nd with jets 2nd and maybe a 3rd to move up if a guy you have a high grade on slips to the early 20's where you may be able to get. Or they can get over the Yosh hate and lock him up to play RT and move Tom to C. Then the OL looks a world better.
    When this season is over, I don’t think they are going to have to trade up much if any. They just sent the tank signal out by trading their best CB. They might even jump the bears who made a trade to immediately get better.

I agree there will be suitors trying to get up to top 2 or 3 to pick a QB, and it's likely to cost more than what CAR paid for Young. Caleb Williams and Drake Maye are both considered better prospects than Bryce Young or CJ Stroud.
    The other thing I've heard kicked around is, with the draft coming to GB in 2025, there's almost no way they want to trade away a future R1 pick in 2025 to try and move up. I could see Murphy discouraging a trade, but it could happen I suppose. If they fall to #4 in draft order they might try to leapfrog a team, but that's going to cost picks that Gute covets.

I think that unless the wheels absolutely fall off, they want to give Love more time with this young offense, and MLF a shot at coaching them. If they still stink next year they will clean house and have a high draft pick to lure fans to GB for the draft. At a minimum, I think they will look at who's around at QB in R2 to push Love as a developmental guy, although I'm not a fan of the QB's Gute seems to like (Jordan Love, Drew Lock, Deshone Kizer).

As far as the signaling it's a tank, I don't know if I'd go that far. I think it was better to be a seller than a buyer. They are probably looking at going 1-2 at best over the next three games before they face DET and KC. They also face NYG, CAR, and CHI so there are winnable games left. I think it's less about tanking and more about being realistic about where they are and what the prospects for the season are. Rasul's a good player but I doubt he's moving the needle THAT much.

Marvin Harrison round one and then use the rest of the draft to pluck away the fricking OL and DL
    Absolutely. And as I play around with mocks, I can get MH about half the time at 6.

Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Absolutely. And as I play around with mocks, I can get MH about half the time at 6.
    Depends on what the Bears picks will be. I don't see Harrison getting past the Bears. Right now Bears have 2 & 3.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Depends on what the Bears picks will be. I don't see Harrison getting past the Bears. Right now Bears have 2 & 3.
    Don't disagree. All I'm saying is IF Marvin falls to our slot, that's a pick I'm making before we're even announced on the clock.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    6: R1 P6 OT Joe Alt - Notre Dame
    38: R2 P6 S Lathan Ransom - Ohio State
    49: R2 P17 C Sedrick Van Pran - Georgia
    70: R3 P6 RB TreVeyon Henderson - Ohio State
    88: R3 P24 DL Kris Jenkins - Michigan

Using Fanspeak Website.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Just read over an interesting Mock Draft.

GB selected Deon Sanders kid at QB.

Hell if that happens might as well bring him in to coach. At least life would be very entertaining then ))
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Just read over an interesting Mock Draft.

GB selected Deon Sanders kid at QB.

Hell if that happens might as well bring him in to coach. At least life would be very entertaining then ))
    Sanders needs to get out of that Colorado program ASAP. Last week he was hit so much he had to be injected with painkillers at halftime. For the game he was sacked 7 times and hit another 17 times.

I change my mind after watching USC last night. As much as I want Alt or Fashanu, if the Packers are in position, they need to draft Caleb Williams. This kid is Mahomes special. It’ll be a decade plus of slow torture if the bears get him.

Packers drop to 7th pick. Rams now 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers drop to 7th pick. Rams now 6th.
    Dangerously close to pick 10-12 and out of the LT sweepstakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RashanGary View Post
    Dangerously close to pick 10-12 and out of the LT sweepstakes.
    Packers week SOS keeps them at or near the top of any ties though for now.

I say again, WAY TOO SOON to think about the draft.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Agree with tex, it's too early. Lots of games left.

That said, there are how many games left on the schedule that look winnable? Carolina, the Giants, and the Bears? Vikings would be a coin flip.
    They are probably picking somewhere in the 8-11 range when all is said and done.

And no, they aren't bringing Dillon back unless it's on a cheap contract and they let Jones go. They will get at least one if not two new RBs.
    Dillon has size and some power but he's not a super physical runner and his vision is not good. The OL hasn't done him a lot of favors this year but he's not getting something from nothing like Jones can often do. Big backs like Dillon don't often succeed if they run upright and don't have great feet/vision. NFL defenses have big strong players who can stop those guys too easily.

I like Dillon - nice guy, Mayor of Door County, etc. - but there's no way I bring him back for 3M as a backup unless they dump Jones and draft a RB1 and want a guy they trust in pass pro to start the season.
    (I'd rather they keep Jones and draft a RB)