View Poll Results: FLASH FORWARD TO 2025---WHO is MOST LIKELY to still be with GREEN BAY ?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Matt LaFleur

4 36.36%
  • Jordan Love

0 0%
  • BOTH

5 45.45%
  • NEITHER

2 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FORECASTING THE FUTURE: FLASH FORWAD TO 2025

Blog Entries

FORECASTING THE FUTURE: FLASH FORWAD TO 2025

Thoughts on Who is Most Likely to still be with the Packers.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'll say both, I think Murphy retires after the 25 season and the new head guy will give it a year before he changes much so 2026 or 27 before whole sale changes get made. Until then it's ML and Loves show. Two cents

Blog Entries
    The Love part is interesting and takes more consideration IMO. For him to be here in 2025, I think he'd need a new contract. So we have to decide to pay him and feel good about him making the ching.

I have seen enough to think he can be an NFL quarterback. But not enough for me to want to invest over 30MIL a year in him and have confidence he can be abobe the purgatory QB that teams can't win a title with. So I'm not sure what I think yet.

I'm also not sure MLF is the answer
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I think he will do just enough to get that contract that almost no QB deserves. Then 2 years into it they will realize its a mistake and move on. Think Jared Goff. Goff has improved immensely with no pressure on him in Detroit. Maybe Love will improve on his flaws right here in GB and stick around a long time. Its impossible to say right now, but most QBs that start looking shaky by week 5 of their first season as a starter never achieve greatness. Add in that he had 3 years to get ready and I'm not overly confident he will improve to top 5 status, and I'm on record that only the top 5 guys deserve the big deals. The rest should get paid like $20 million by todays cap. But teams don't do that and QBs take what teams will give. Every QB gets a record deal if they aren't world class shitty. Love probably will land such a deal.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Both. But if Packers are not a playoff team in 2024, MLF will be very much on the hot seat in 2025.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Both. But if Packers are not a playoff team in 2024, MLF will be very much on the hot seat in 2025.
    Great question….
    I think Lafleur is nearly gone by then. Love is still with the team because he has been such a deep investment, Christina Watson still with us but Dillon is gone.

I think it’s highly likely whenever Murphy retires, which is soon, the new guy brings in his own people after a year and cleans house. I doubt a new GM would keep a coach unless the coach was exceptional. Is Milf? I don’t think he is exceptional. Love is more plausible to survive a regime change but a new GM will likely want his own guy too. I just don’t see Love sticking around long term unless he is a true stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That is just more incentive to give Love the big deal instead of start over. Gutes and MLF probably don't have time to groom another (unless they turn to the big red dog). Its win with Love or bust for the both of them.

Just in case you are too young to get the reference.

I would love to see data on how often a QB survives a GM change. Same with a coach. I doubt very many QBs make it more than a year or two with a new GM coming in. We have two examples here with Brett and Aaron though.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    I would love to see data on how often a QB survives a GM change. Same with a coach. I doubt very many QBs make it more than a year or two with a new GM coming in. We have two examples here with Brett and Aaron though.
    Favre and Rodgers had won SBs and MVPs by the time GMs changed. I'd say it's uncommon for a QB to survive a GM change but it does happen.

Barring injury or continued dropoff in performance (based on games 1 to 5) Love is your starter this year and at least half of next year. MLF gets this year and next to show team development and growth or he could be out. I'm not sure how long his contract goes, but that could be a factor.

Love's accuracy (or lack thereof) is a concern for me, I haven't seen enough but the signs are there that he's probably not a good long term answer as a franchise QB you want to fork over $30M+ per year for. I think they draft a QB next year and have him sit and learn and then hopefully start (or present a good challenge) in 2025. If they get cap solvent by 2025 - as they should - they could also be players in FA or trade for a veteran QB who has worn out his welcome elsewhere.

MLF seems like he has a good offensive mind and I think he's a smart guy, but I wonder if he's more a scheme teacher than a fundamentals and details guy that a young team might need. Some of his game planning is not great either.
    Ask yourself - how many draft picks have actually improved under MLF, and how many were just good from the get-go and either plateaued or got worse since rookie year? GB is a draft-and-develop team- they need a GM who can draft talent, and coaches who can develop that talent into good players.

MLF's seat should be safe this year, but both his and Love's will be very warm next year. I think the expectations are low this year but go up considerably next year, and by 2025 a SB window could open if things line up.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Favre and Rodgers had won SBs and MVPs by the time GMs changed. I'd say it's uncommon for a QB to survive a GM change but it does happen.

Barring injury or continued dropoff in performance (based on games 1 to 5) Love is your starter this year and at least half of next year. MLF gets this year and next to show team development and growth or he could be out. I'm not sure how long his contract goes, but that could be a factor.

Love's accuracy (or lack thereof) is a concern for me, I haven't seen enough but the signs are there that he's probably not a good long term answer as a franchise QB you want to fork over $30M+ per year for. I think they draft a QB next year and have him sit and learn and then hopefully start (or present a good challenge) in 2025. If they get cap solvent by 2025 - as they should - they could also be players in FA or trade for a veteran QB who has worn out his welcome elsewhere.

MLF seems like he has a good offensive mind and I think he's a smart guy, but I wonder if he's more a scheme teacher than a fundamentals and details guy that a young team might need. Some of his game planning is not great either.
    Ask yourself - how many draft picks have actually improved under MLF, and how many were just good from the get-go and either plateaued or got worse since rookie year? GB is a draft-and-develop team- they need a GM who can draft talent, and coaches who can develop that talent into good players.

MLF's seat should be safe this year, but both his and Love's will be very warm next year. I think the expectations are low this year but go up considerably next year, and by 2025 a SB window could open if things line up.
    Is his accuracy a concern ? Of course, but the play of his o-line is a bigger concern. Josh Allen's accuracy was pretty bad his first two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    Is his accuracy a concern ? Of course, but the play of his o-line is a bigger concern. Josh Allen's accuracy was pretty bad his first two years.
    His best year in college was 64% completion rate. Every QB drafted in Round 1 next year will be better than that for their career.
    Bo Nix (who I don't care for as a prospect) is completing 79% of his passes this year. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...3-leaders.html

His completion rate is several points below what it should be (xCOMP)
    https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/p...tionPercentage

Jordan's arm strength and ability to play off-schedule were considered positive traits, his accuracy (or lack of) was not. Interception concerns his final year were explained away by being surrounded by an atrocious supporting cast.
    https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jordan...c-ce231b05c522
    Unusually spotty ball placement forced targets to work for catches
    Completed just 31.8 percent of his deep throws
    Josh Allen is a unicorn case. Before him, there were basically no cases of a QB dramatically improving their accuracy after being drafted. He did it by basically revamping his throwing fundamentals from the ground up over a full offseason. I am skeptical Jordan Love will do that. In Jordan's defense, I think he's worked on his game and improved a lot since being drafted, but he still has plenty of improvement to do if he wants to be the long term starter in GB.

Blog Entries
    Jordan Love is rated the 33th QB in completion percentage in the NFL behind all 32 starters as well as Anthony Richardson. I'd say it's obvious accuracy is a concern. the WHY.........hmmmm...sounds like another poll ?

On 1st and 10 he's right around 65% with is close to the NFL average

On 2nd and over 7 or more he plummets to 39%

On 3rd and 7 or more he's at a sad 46%

That's a WHOLE LOTTA YUK

Hmmmmmm
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I watched Josh Rosen and Marcus Mariota throw balls over heads and into the dirt from 12 yards consistently. My eyes tell me that while Love isn't Brady or Rodgers his accuracy is good enough if you can put some talent around him.

Most QBs don't throw great deep balls and Love is no exception. He has gotten a couple deep ball flags though to help the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I watched Josh Rosen and Marcus Mariota throw balls over heads and into the dirt from 12 yards consistently. My eyes tell me that while Love isn't Brady or Rodgers his accuracy is good enough if you can put some talent around him.

Most QBs don't throw great deep balls and Love is no exception. He has gotten a couple deep ball flags though to help the cause.
    Yeah. Rodgers missed a lot of deep ones. I’ve seen some QBs ridiculously consistent on short to intermediate. Brady comes to mind. But never one who’s consistent in deep ones.

But Love might be worse than average. We’ll see how it plays out.
    Formerly known as JustinHarrell.

I think his accuracy is 'ok', after years of Rodgers everything will be a bit of a dropoff.
    However, Love is not accurate by NFL standards. He's basically ranked last in completion percentage among the starters. He's got young receivers and there have been some drops, but that wouldn't get him into the teens, nevermind the top half of starters. There's a stat going around of Love being 6 of 24 on throws of 20+ yards downfield, with 2 Ints and 0 TD. The charting lists 5 of the 24 as 'accurate', meaning the receiver bailed him out on one.

Rosen and Mariota are not the kind of company you want to be compared with. Love has been throwing the ball for 15+ years at this point, if his accuracy isn't getting better it probably never will. I think he'll always be a guy who floats around 58-62% completion rate, and in today's NFL that's not good enough for a deep playoff run or even those 13 win seasons Tex loves. Maybe MLF will get smart and tailor the scheme or gameplan to Love's strengths, but there is well documented proof of MLF forgetting he has Aaron Jones on his team.

Blog Entries

Paying Jordan love big time money equals NFL Purgatory

Just think how sweet things could have been with t Higgins.

We have a stud 2, Rodgers never gets the horribly jaded grudge and stays, Devonte is resigned one year early instead of gutebag making the motherload of all f”ck ups , and shot maybe we beat San Fran with another receiver to get open. And to boot we keep our 4th and draft another stud ol with that pick.

Ok I am done )(

^ Not to mention that if they didn't have Love this year, they could truly stink instead of having to keep some talent around him so he looks okay, and come back next year with Caleb Williams.