Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Packers vs. Broncos Discussion Thread

When LaFleur was pressed on if Alexander and Jenkins were held out due to precautionary measures, he replied, “I believe so,” on Friday.
    https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2...er-aaron-jones

Injuries should be at the forefront of every decision on whether to extend or keep certain players at the end of this season. We’re in rebuild mode, no sense in keeping players whose contribution has been greatly impacted by injury, thinking there is always “next year”.

The types of injuries have to factor in. Injuries happen. Some players just don't take care of their bodies and are more prone. Its on management to understand the difference.

I have no interest in trading young up and coming stars. I want to trade aging stars. If you trade Jaire and/or Gary, you are giving away guys that are supposed to be part of the next Owl run.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

We shouldn’t be trading anybody who is any good. This team still should be loaded enough with talent to cruise through the fairly easy schedule and go a long way in the playoffs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    We shouldn’t be trading anybody who is any good. This team still should be loaded enough with talent to cruise through the fairly easy schedule and go a long way in the playoffs.

LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Denver won’t be there.

There’s 5 of us who recall one of us big mouths exclaiming, “Denver won’t be there” during the 2015 Playoffs with Payton Manning and Von Miller AND Demarcus Ware. Broncos were the AFC’s #1 seed going into that playoff year.
    And just before the playoffs start, at that very moment one of us big mouthed prognosticator says Denver won’t be there.
    Well, Denver went straight to the Super Bowl and we all laughed Denver won’t be there.

So fer sure this weekend, it’s Denver won’t be there.

Bretsky, you did much better than me. I was so dumbfounded I was speechless. I still have nothing.

*This is one time I would be very happy to eat crow, much like the Rashaan Gary pick. Sometimes its good to be wrong.

Why in the world would they trade Gary who is a freak athlete that clearly works extremely hard? That’s really something.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Why in the world would they trade Gary who is a freak athlete that clearly works extremely hard? That’s really something.
    I think the rumor mill is Alexander, I just said Gary as an example of who a team should never trade. Guys like Preston will age out before they can help win an Owl, but young guys going into their second contract have to be retained.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Not quite on topic - though dammit, if there was ever a team to settle down against, it's this one. But when I go to Packerrats, it doesn't come up in the usual form - it doesn't have the yellow background, etc. - it comes up as a list of bullet points and is tough to navigate. Anyone else having this problem? Can I do anything to make it go back to how it used to appear?
    Possible you accidentally selected the mobile style in that browser? If that is what it is scroll all the way down and click on where it says “Full Site” if you see it. If not try deleting your browser cache. Make sure to delete All not just recent stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Possible you accidentally selected the mobile style in that browser? If that is what it is scroll all the way down and click on where it says “Full Site” if you see it. If not try deleting your browser cache. Make sure to delete All not just recent stuff.
    Same situation here using Google Chrome. I have to use Edge in order to get on this page.

Just checked what you stated above regarding mobile style and deleting cache. Just did all that stuff and still can't use Chrome for this page.

Quote Originally Posted by MadtownPacker View Post
    Hmmm. I tried what you said, but there is no "full site" option, so that's not going to work. I'll try to clear the history and see what happens.

In the meantime, it's clear that Denver is one of the two or three worst teams in the league. So - if you can't beat them today, then you are one of the worst two or three teams in the league...

It's troubling that this team cannot get healthy. Aaron Jones STILL has lingering hammy problems, and now Alexander's back is acting up again? Sheesh. It's not helping that the Jest are beating teams like the Iggles with a backup QB.

Also, speaking of the Jest, notice that their defense IS carrying that team? Still waiting for a Joe Barely defense to do that. Sure, they held a shitty Raiders offense to seventeen points, but when the Packers did take a lead, the defense handed it right back...

And now the ST are playing like they used to. What's going on, Matty The Flower?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Bretsky, yeah yeah yeah on that famous Mora clip. I’m the guy who always said “playoffs be damned,I prefer a great regular season record”. I see about 5 straight very winnable games followed by two toughies then probably 3 more wins to finish the season. So why all the panic and negativity at this point?
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?