Thread: Studs and Packers Broncos

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Dud: Announcers who jinxed Carlson by noting he'd been perfect on his kicks so far. That FG would have been the difference.

Pretty much everyone on offense was a dud in this game.

Defensively, they held a bad team to under 20 points, which is something maybe?
    Studs: my non-sports-fan friends visiting from out-of-town with their six-month-old baby; this meant I did not watch the game. Thank god.

Sounds like AJ Dillon tried hard and gave good effort and was reasonable, maybe good. Solid.

If I try to step back from it all, this is the growing pains - they are called "pains" cuz it hurts. They look bad. But we knew this was coming. Is it really worse than we thought it would be?

It SEEMS like it. It does to me. But really, what the hell did I think it would look like? A lot of close games with low scores, most of which they'd lose. Outside of the Lions game, that is more-or-less what we've had.

But the offensive and defensive lines still are not that good. The offensive line has been a disappointment, even with Jenkins back. Is it the playcalling, asking them to do too much? Do they just suck more that we thought? I don't know enough to know. And the defensive line STILL gets pushed around. Still suck. The whole defense still plays soft and can't tackle.

So, it's pretty much what we thought (offense young and dumb; defense soft with an unimaginative and fruitless coordinator), it's just that actually seeing it unfold is painful.

And if Matty Flower doesn't llet Joe Barely go at the end of the season, you should shit can MLF, then.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

And if Matty Flower doesn't llet Joe Barely go at the end of the season, you should shit can MLF, then.
    DAMN STRAIGHT!

I really think the offense will come around and that it hasn’t been the primary factor in the losses anyway. That would be Joe Barry’s D.

There was one play in the game that was really telling IMO. That was when Kenny Clark was called for holding on a run - basically acting like an O lineman, keeping people off the linebackers instead of making a play on the ball carrier. I think that was by design. Barry is an old LB coach. That thoroughly STUPID idea has a lot to do with why our run stopping is so shitty and also why the center of the field is so open on pass plays so often - over-reliance/misuse of the ILBs.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?